Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Badger watch

DUPLICATE POST SOMEHOW! SORRY!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

9 comments

jmaccelari | 10 years ago
0 likes

Animals and bikes don't mix. This happened to a bunch I was in during a Vets tour several years ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCngDEM-rtI

Trull | 10 years ago
0 likes

Ouch - GWS!

There's always a cost to whatever we do - even yesterday I was cycling along a shared ped/cyclist path and was verbally assaulted by an irate runner that didn't understand the sign of a bike and a walker in a blue circle meant that peds share the space with considerate cyclists.

remy1234 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Different continent, different hazards:

worst thing I've seen here in the southern (US) mountains was a wild boar I came up on mountain biking. Coyotes occasionally skip across in front of you on back roads.

That doesn't come close to my friend's experience a few years ago: rounded a downhill corner in a full tuck and nearly t-boned a black bear!

I think both s**t in the woods that time!

SideBurn | 10 years ago
0 likes

There is good and bad where riding at night is concerned;
I have had a few badgers scare the s**t out of me, I have bent a few rims on potholes, the drunken idiots think (know?) you are fair game  102 I even hit a frozen chicken once  7
But, the roads are more quiet, riding on a still night with the smells of 'the country' is pretty special (for me)  40 . Best experience was seeing a large moth trying to zone in on my head-torch, just as I was thinking 'this is going to hurt!' a large bat took the moth from in front of my face  1 Occasionally I have had barn owls flying alongside me  8
On balance I will keep riding at night, but you have my sympathy, the only badgers I have hit came off immeasurably worse as I was in the company vehicle  103 In my defence they are not easy to see  4 I managed two in one night once  13

andyp | 10 years ago
0 likes

They sure are. I had a few bike/muntjac collisions too when I used to live on Iver Heath. Certainly livens up a night ride when a large animal appears from a hedgerow and runs into your front wheel  3

dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes

i hit a badger a couple of years ago on a night ride. they're pretty solid  39

smuggers | 10 years ago
0 likes

Them pesky Badgers are everywhere!!!  3

wellcoordinated | 10 years ago
0 likes

Hi BikerDaveCycling I just noticed there are 4 badger watching posts. Best not to post more than once. May be Tinternet has taken a double dose of Sanatogen today?  21

wellcoordinated | 10 years ago
0 likes

Rule 5; apply liberally and the fluffy animals will be banished for good  24

Latest Comments