Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

!!!!STOLEN £9K OF BIKES!!!!!!

IMAGE(https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash2/t1/420685_10151552391327940_1294342299_n.jpg)

IMAGE(https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1/1798081_10152193688352940_53994992_n.jpg)

IMAGE(https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1/1424387_10152011421532940_1597983216_n.jpg)

PLEASE CONTACT chriscourage699 [at] hotmail.com with any info

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

16 comments

Shep73 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Locks work but you need to keep them of the ground as much as possible, as soon as they got something to lever against to cut it then that's it, I wouldn't like having the bikes in a separate garage though and my Strava is on lockdown unless I give permission.

cuvner | 10 years ago
0 likes

Shocking how no decent lock over £100 lasts more than 30secs. I spent a lot of money on kryp locks

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6AdugFzCi24&feature=youtu.be

cuvner | 10 years ago
0 likes

Maybe the way to reduce theft is by better bike registration, example no strava account without bike serial number. If u hav a bike nicked then log it on ur account and wait! Strava is a powerfull tool against bike theft, gps tracking etcetc

glynr36 replied to cuvner | 10 years ago
0 likes
cuvner wrote:

Maybe the way to reduce theft is by better bike registration, example no strava account without bike serial number. If u hav a bike nicked then log it on ur account and wait! Strava is a powerfull tool against bike theft, gps tracking etcetc

Cars are registered and they still get stolen.
Is it really a tool against bike theft? I can't see how.
Cars also have gps trackers in and still get stolen as well.

Beefy | 10 years ago
0 likes

I will probably go to prison.... It's a separate garage and not much that could cause ignition but you have a point. May be a pet lion would slow them down... Or sentences that cause them to think twice if caught. Given that you can kill a cyclist and not go down I suspect bike theft won't carry much punishment.  39

Beefy | 10 years ago
0 likes

Looks like the only way to stop these bastards is by electrifying locks. I have to admit if I go away for a few days i sort of set very sharp items in places which would cause damage to a person who doesn't know they are there. Is this wrong? IMO no body should be in there with out my permission so tis there own fault,  14

glynr36 replied to Beefy | 10 years ago
0 likes
Beefy wrote:

Looks like the only way to stop these bastards is by electrifying locks. I have to admit if I go away for a few days i sort of set very sharp items in places which would cause damage to a person who doesn't know they are there. Is this wrong? IMO no body should be in there with out my permission so tis there own fault,  14

So what if you have a fire or something and emergency services are needed?

IMO nothing will stop a determined professional tooled up thief, all you'll do is slow them down a bit. They know what they are looking for and the weaknesses in locks etc.
All you've got to hope is enough locks requires long enough and them to be loud enough to draw attention.

adamtaylor | 10 years ago
0 likes

Sorry to hear about this. Perhaps Strava should have the privacy setting enabled by default.

cuvner | 10 years ago
0 likes

In total 4 stolen from secure garage with 2 deadlocks one being a garage defender, bikes were locked to an anchor with a gold secure lock! Please people be aware of facebook and strava! If u google ur name from face book your strava profile will also appear, both accounts are linked!! Once they have your name they can follow u! I didnt have the correct privacy settings either, PLEASE CHECK. Dont be another victim, ive lost my training bikes and race bike. Gutted  2

cuvner | 10 years ago
0 likes

From the bournemouth area, Dorset 4/3/2014

Shep73 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Area? when?

MKultra | 10 years ago
0 likes

I quite fancy a cheap Dale so I will keep an eye on Gumtree. Thanks for the tip.

jasecd replied to MKultra | 10 years ago
0 likes
MKultra wrote:

I quite fancy a cheap Dale so I will keep an eye on Gumtree. Thanks for the tip.

The poor guy gets his bikes stolen and this is your response? Dick.

Shep73 replied to jasecd | 10 years ago
0 likes
jasecd wrote:
MKultra wrote:

It does make you wonder what idiots come on these forums.

MKultra replied to jasecd | 10 years ago
0 likes
jasecd wrote:
MKultra wrote:

I am terribly sorry, the vague nature of the post did not initially make it clear that it was his stable of bikes stolen. Now he has got the hint and posted all the salient information. Just banging up a huge shouty post with "bikes stolen" complete with pictures and no other info is helping the thief and also any shady character planning to buy them and then sell them on. If you like I could hurl abuse at you as well?. Perhaps the mods should make stolen bikes a separate board that you have to be logged in to see? Hmmm?

As for "idiots" using the forum, thief or not being the victim booby trapping your garage to injure or kill people has to be the most dickish move of all time.

Just to put things in perspective.

glynr36 | 10 years ago
0 likes

A bit more info might be helpful...

Latest Comments