Proper Purist Classics Comp - Omloop/KBK double header

by drheaton   March 3, 2014  

Opening Classics weekend saw the first blows being traded in the 'Proper Purist Classics Comp'.

Stannard was a fairly popular choice amongst the 27 entrants popping up 8 times, Boonen was an even more popular choice appearing in 26 of the 27 entries.

13 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

Fantastic layout......Impressed... Applause

stevespro

STEVESPRO 79's picture

posted by STEVESPRO 79 [485 posts]
3rd March 2014 - 10:41

like this
Like (3)

Very Profeshnyul Doc Applause

posted by ray silvester [1807 posts]
3rd March 2014 - 11:00

like this
Like (4)

Nearly perfectly midtable....how do I make some changes? Wink

http://matmitchellcycling.wordpress.com
The usual new 4th Cat blog with some stuff about Pros too.

mtm_01's picture

posted by mtm_01 [90 posts]
3rd March 2014 - 11:54

like this
Like (4)

I'm happy to be out front (thanks to a cracking combo of Boonen, Terpstra, Vanmarcke and Stannard) but my team is stacked towards the cobbles so I may suffer over the next couple of weeks in Italy. That's the fun of running it properly purist though, you just can't cover all the races and have to make sacrifices.

posted by drheaton [3429 posts]
3rd March 2014 - 12:02

like this
Like (4)

Happy with my performance so far, although with only 3 of my team down for Strade Bianche and none for Roma Thinking could be interesting especially as i don't have Sagan. Sick

'Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you'

livestrongnick's picture

posted by livestrongnick [1764 posts]
3rd March 2014 - 12:28

like this
Like (3)

The Spartacus-Sagan combination should be good in Italy next weekend although GVA also has a decent record at Bianchi.....Roma Maxima is very difficult to predict after just the one running since being re-established and a bizarre race at that where Pozzato thought he'd won last year when in fact he had omitted the fact that Kadri was still out there from the early escape(no race radios again!!).

Boonen's down for Paris Nice instead(as are Chava,EBH,Thomas,Boom,Thor,Phinney,Bouhanni,Degenkolb,Gerrans,Coquard and Kristoff) so I'd say that on current form Valverde will be tough to stop and that to be honest if you had him and the SAS(Sagan and Spartacus) you'd be sitting pretty and my team in the actual game will definitely have all 3 of them no matter the cost. Nerd

posted by ray silvester [1807 posts]
3rd March 2014 - 13:36

like this
Like (4)

Really nice layout. And I'm delighted not to be last! Party

posted by monica [24 posts]
3rd March 2014 - 15:28

like this
Like (5)

It's worth being part of this just for the scoring..... Top work. Cheered me up a bit as my Classics opening weekend was a disaster. Really not my forte but I was hoping to improve this year, and that is not happening.

Well Done Dan Heaton.

posted by stevemarks [408 posts]
3rd March 2014 - 19:19

like this
Like (4)

Thanks for this, excellent work mate.

archieboy's picture

posted by archieboy [33 posts]
3rd March 2014 - 20:51

like this
Like (3)

4th! Happy with that Party

posted by chiv30 [858 posts]
3rd March 2014 - 21:31

like this
Like (3)

Apologies, just noticed that points for Offredo (1 point) were missed from the KBK results. Will update the tables now (it doesn't change much).

4th March 2014 - 10:23

like this
Like (3)

Full scores for the weekend:

EDIT - stage winner highlighted.

Scores.JPG

4th March 2014 - 10:23

like this
Like (6)

And the current standings: