Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Strade Bianche Rider List

Pretty new at this but I thought I'd ask. Strade Bianche is coming up next weekend. I know start lists aren't definite yet but I was playing around with the game interface and could have sworn that at some point I could choose riders that weren't on the 'active' list and put them on my team, even if temporarily. I don't remember how I did it, though. Right now I can only see riders that are 'in the start list' and 'popular riders'. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to do something else? Maybe I just imagined it? Thanks for any help.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

84 comments

enrique replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

Enrique, do you have a job? Or do you just sit all day looking at the road.cc rider lists searching for spelling mistakes and missing riders?

I can see you don't appreciate the job I do making sure the game start lists are accurate and we don't share the same enthusiasm for getting the spelling of people's names right, but that's ok... I have the consolation that if any rider came here and saw their mispelled name corrected they'd feel like they have true fans here and that's good enough for me.

drheaton replied to enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:
drheaton wrote:

Enrique, do you have a job? Or do you just sit all day looking at the road.cc rider lists searching for spelling mistakes and missing riders?

I can see you don't appreciate the job I do making sure the game start lists are accurate and we don't share the same enthusiasm for getting the spelling of people's names right, but that's ok... I have the consolation that if any rider came here and saw their mispelled name corrected they'd feel like they have true fans here and that's good enough for me.

And I can see that you still don't appreciate the fact that startlists are constantly changing until the last minute and that, as useless as you appear to think those running the game are, we will update them. Unfortunately we all have other things to be doing with our lives around running the game and as such cannot react within minutes to the latest change in rosters. Roster updates are usually done every couple of days up until a few days before a race starts at which point any changes are usually updated daily.

What's more, we check lots of sources and believe it or not we know what we're doing, for example we know that the 'official' startlist is usually at least a couple of weeks out of date by the time a race opens on the game and that even those rosters listed on teams website are usually crap when we get to 2-3 days out from a race.

That's why roster updates are forever a work in progress and will always be slightly out of date from the 'current picture'. That's also why players are always encouraged to look at rosters themselves separate from the game because they may be more up to date and why the new feature was rolled out ensuring that when a rider is removed from a roster who is in your team you are informed.

I'm sorry that you don't appreciate all the work that goes into this and that we don't live up to your expectations but we do our best.

0 likes
drheaton wrote:

I'm sorry that you don't appreciate all the work that goes into this and that we don't live up to your expectations but we do our best.

I very much do appreciate all the work that goes into this game. I am very fond of this game, its simplicity and its beautiful design. I love it. I know you know it.

And I know you, Dave and TER are incredibly dedicated, careful and thorough. I actually admire (!) your work and thoroughly enjoy it. You have no bigger fan. The game has more (!) than lived up to anyone's expectations, much less mine. It has grown to simply be the best out there and I think everybody here knows it.

You have misjudged or misread or misunderstood my writing. I am incredibly invested in this game.

Please, though you may find it annoying, take my pointing out that a rider or a team is missing as nothing more than an observation, not as a judgement of your work, just see it as a very avid game player, though not a very competent one, being quite enthusiastic about making sure all the riders in a race are in the game. I'm sorry to have hurt your feelings. Wanna hug it out?  4

Classic scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZvarRe-XVQ

drheaton replied to enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:
drheaton wrote:

And I know you, Dave and TER are incredibly dedicated, careful and thorough.

You missed Gkam...

0 likes
drheaton wrote:

You missed Gkam...

I care a lot about you, dan. I really do. And I respect your work as well as Dave's and TER's. Don't be fooled by my rhetoric and my play with words. I just want things to be ok between you and me. Are we ok? You do understand I care a lot about this game, don't you? I care about its design, its development, the developers and their work, and the experience for all of us. Everything I point out may not be especially relevant, but it comes out of a true desire to make this the best, most complete Fantasy Cycling experience out there. Can you see that? I am totally absorbed and dedicated to this game, as if I was part of this. Can you see that? As for Gkam, he's got a big heart, and he's a great part of this team, but he's not on my radar screen right now. You are. Are we ok?

Here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0nQytOk_JU

More hugs. And Gkam can have one, too.

chiv30 replied to enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes
enrique][quote=drheaton wrote:

You missed Gkam...[/quote re a lot about you, dan. I really do. And I respect your work as well as Dave's and TER's. Don't be fooled by my rhetoric and my play with words. I just want things to be ok between you and me. Are we ok? You do understand I care a lot about this game, don't you? I care about its design, its development, the developers and their work, and the experience for all of us. Everything I point out may not be especially relevant, but it comes out of a true desire to make this the best, most complete Fantasy Cycling experience out there. Can you see that? I am totally absorbed and dedicated to this game, as if I was part of this. Can you see that? As for Gkam, he's got a big heart, and he's a great part of this team, but he's not on my radar screen right now. You are. Are we ok?

Here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0nQytOk_JU

More hugs. And Gkam can have one, too.

Really .....do yourself and us a favour stop with the youtube links and a word of advice , you asking ppl if they want a hug sounds patronising.

You started off this year really well and now you are reverting back to how you were a yr ago , your alias and it's use in trying to support ur own posts hasn't helped and neither does ur sig about it .....

I'm being polite for the games you have run but use your head and listen to what people who run the game tell you otherwise you will have another year of ppl ranting at you

enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes

IAM Cycling's 3.0 rider 'Primin' Lang should be 'Pirmin'...

dave atkinson replied to enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:

somebody keeps changing Songezo Jim's name to Jim Songezo too. STOP IT.

enrique replied to dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:

somebody keeps changing Songezo Jim's name to Jim Songezo too. STOP IT.  1

Heh heh... Always think of doing that when I see that name...

About Strade Bianche, could you guys add the Neri sottoli.it - Yellow Fluo team to the start list, please? Thanks!  1

ray silvester replied to dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:
enrique wrote:

I,rather patronisingly,always think of him as 'Sonny Jim'!!

however I do follow him on twitter so we're quits!!

Twybaydos replied to dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:
enrique wrote:

Race TV has just called him Jim Songezo!

dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes

Most recent startlist is up now. until yesterday it was patchy, to say the least. plenty of teams confirmed today

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

They're not very recent startlists though, must have been drawn up at least a couple of weeks ago

enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes

I may be wrong but I think this is the official start list:

http://www.gazzetta.it/Speciali/StradeBianche/2011/it/download/SB-Iscrit...

Atl least it's got the official Strade Bianche and RCS Sports logos on it  1

(Courtesy of @StradeBianche)

It can be found at the Gazetta site:

http://www.gazzetta.it/Speciali/StradeBianche/it/

when you click on "Inscriti" under 'Info Generali'

TERatcliffe26 replied to enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:

I may be wrong but I think this is the official start list:

http://www.gazzetta.it/Speciali/StradeBianche/2011/it/download/SB-Iscrit...

Atl least it's got the official Strade Bianche and RCS Sports logos on it  1

(Courtesy of @StradeBianche)

It can be found at the Gazetta site:

http://www.gazzetta.it/Speciali/StradeBianche/it/

when you click on "Inscriti" under 'Info Generali'

Your right that what you are showing is official, my point being that it was out of date and published over 2 weeks ago, one rider being on that list gives it away. So Dave was waiting for reconfirmation of official team

livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes

I've had a team in mind for over a week now. Just waiting for final listings before committing.....  39

Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes

Already got my team from the declared riders on PCS. Unless any of them withdraw can't imagine wanting to change it.

pcsplace | 10 years ago
0 likes

Thanks, I will be patient. Just know we have a few teams to sort out for this weekend and limited time to do it, part of the fun I guess though as we are all in the same boat  1

Twybaydos | 10 years ago
0 likes

I don't think the rider list has been finalised yet. teams such as Giant, Trek and MTN have named their teams but other teams such as OPQS are yet to do so. I believe the powers that be have adjusted the rider list to remove teams which are not participating (e.g. FDJ) but left all potential riders from the teams participating. For example, looking at OPQS - Boonen is in the potential list but he will be having a break before Paris-Nice; Thomas De Gendt and Andrew Fenn is also in this list but they are down to race Dreidaagse van West Vlanderen that day.

You may wish to wait.

Twybaydos | 10 years ago
0 likes

I don't think the rider list has been finalised yet. teams such as Giant, Trek and MTN have named their teams but other teams such as OPQS are yet to do so. I believe the powers that be have adjusted the rider list to remove teams which are not participating (e.g. FDJ) but left all potential riders from the teams participating. For example, looking at OPQS - Boonen is in the potential list but he will be having a break before Paris-Nice; Thomas De Gendt and Andrew Fenn is also in this list but they are down to race Dreidaagse van West Vlanderen that day.

You may wish to wait.

pcsplace | 10 years ago
0 likes

Is the Strade Bianche rider list accurate? Seems to have 456 riders available at the moment and I have confirmed I have the "in startlist" filter selected.

mtm_01 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Me too, also noticed this today.

dingo | 10 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for clearing that up, mate. Who turns that feature on or off? I'd like to start looking at what the values are and start building a team.

livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes

No you've not done anything wrong. The filter tab hasn't got the usual select all riders option  39

Pages

Latest Comments