Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Strade Bianche Rider List

Pretty new at this but I thought I'd ask. Strade Bianche is coming up next weekend. I know start lists aren't definite yet but I was playing around with the game interface and could have sworn that at some point I could choose riders that weren't on the 'active' list and put them on my team, even if temporarily. I don't remember how I did it, though. Right now I can only see riders that are 'in the start list' and 'popular riders'. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to do something else? Maybe I just imagined it? Thanks for any help.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

84 comments

Philip Unwin | 10 years ago
0 likes

Gap now 10'30''

0 likes

Break
Frapporti (AND)
Pagani (BAR)
Frattini (UHC)
Fedi (YEL)
7'50'' lead

Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes

Standard:

Hoogerland  35
Sagan
Moser
Cancellara
Zoidl
Ulissi
Kessiakoff
Amador
Lofkvist

Puristo (totally different)

Dumoulin
Fortin
Trentin
Ludvigsson
Stannard
Pantano
Cimolia
Moser
Finetto

No Valverde in either...  39

Twybaydos | 10 years ago
0 likes

Sagan
Cancellara
Ulissi
Dumoulin
Stannard
Zoidl
Amador
Lofkvist
Kessiakoff

I didn't think Sagan was too expensive, but by having him means I couldn't afford Kwiatkowski

Purist - Cunego in for Amador - no other changes

ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes

Standard:

Sagan
Cancellara
Valverde
Pozzato
Stannard
Cunego
Kessiakoff (the must have 3.0er!!)
Zoidl
Bandiera

Purist(No Sagan):
Cancellara
Stannard
Pozzato
Roche
Paolini
Ulissi
Gatto
Kessiakoff
Conti

chiv30 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Std
Sagan
Spartacus
Valverde
Dodi
Ponzi
Gatto
Zoidl
Henao
Stannard

Purist is the same bar dodi and henao for kessiakoff and failli

0 likes

Vladimir Gusev (KAT) DNS

livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes

i know  31 but the cost of Sagan just limits selection!  26

0 likes

Standard

Alejandro Valverde (MOV)
Fabian Cancellara (TFR)
Diego Ulissi (LAM)
Franco Pellizotti (AND)
Samuel Sanchez (BMC)
Moreno Moser (CAD)
Francesco Failli (VIN)
Fredrik Kessiakoff (AST)
Ian Boswell (SKY)

ray silvester replied to livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes
livestrongnick wrote:

Standard

Alejandro Valverde (MOV)
Fabian Cancellara (TFR)
Diego Ulissi (LAM)
Franco Pellizotti (AND)
Samuel Sanchez (BMC)
Moreno Moser (CAD)
Francesco Failli (VIN)
Fredrik Kessiakoff (AST)
Ian Boswell (SKY)

No Sagan  13

chiv30 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Well other than the obvious 2 I have no clue on who to pick for this so it's Italian and random in equal measure  35

Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes

Gerdemann out... Bang goes a lot of people's go-to 3.0 choice (or one of them, anyway). Wonder if he will actually do anything this season or not?

Reminds me though - MTN-Qhubeka's kit is my favourite in the pro-peloton bar none. I don't wear replica jerseys, but if I did it'd be this one.

ray silvester replied to Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes
Ghedebrav wrote:

Gerdemann out... Bang goes a lot of people's go-to 3.0 choice (or one of them, anyway). Wonder if he will actually do anything this season or not?

Reminds me though - MTN-Qhubeka's kit is my favourite in the pro-peloton bar none. I don't wear replica jerseys, but if I did it'd be this one.

Yeah....he was one of the two standout 3.0ers for me......I had to look to check that the other one wasn't a younger,lesser brother or something(a bit like the Chavanel's!!).....in fact he's someone I'd have considered even up around the ten credit mark.....I'll bet he's right up there in selection percentage(although I'll not name him just in case-marginal gains and all that!!).

0 likes

Will we be getting a roster up date tonight? please  4

enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:

getting back to the point, the 'all riders' option was set to switch off after a competition starts... i've reinstated it for now

Thanks! That works!  1

20thebear wrote:

Please add FINETTO Mauro back to the start list.

So now we can add Finetto, even though he's inactive and he'll be activated later, right? I can't read Italian but I think the Yellow Fluo website states he'll ride, right? (http://www.yellowfluoteam.com/det_news.php?id=631&ANAR=)

northstar wrote:

No it was not aimed at you...

You, sir, are a gentleman...

livestrongnick wrote:

He grows on you...

You've grown on me, too  1

enrique replied to enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:

... now we can add Finetto...

Yay! Finetto's in! Thanks to whoever is running this! Dan?  1

Is Evans out, or is he just not active on the game?  39

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

I'm sorry, when it comes to enrique I have a short fuse, I shouldn't have said what I did and I apologise.

If you go back a while I think its fair to say that I gave enrique the benefit of the doubt for a long time, much longer than others, but that in the end his largely patronising way, incessant "suggestions" which were basically becoming almost hourly posts on how things would be better if X, Y or Z were allowed (often contradicting each other) or how things were better before something was changed (despite enrique requesting or supporting that change) and general forum demeanor pushed me over the edge and to get to the point at the end of this thread

http://road.cc/content/forum/85578-rider-values

I admit that largely the behaviour of enrique has improved at the start of this year (the astroturfing using a second account aside) but my opinion has been coloured by past behavior which means that I have less patience and perhaps 'go off on one' a little too easily when it comes to enrique. I'll try to do something about that and give him a fair chance so long as he stops offering me a hug.

This probably will also go some way to explain why those who've been on the forums longer appear to have an unfairly negative opinion of enrique, at least in the eyes of newer players. As a whole the forum is generally a nice play to be and to chat and I'd hate to think that the way some that some of the long standing users react to enrique give new forum people a negative opinion of the forum as a whole so I will try and be better  1

livestrongnick replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

I'm sorry, when it comes to enrique I have a short fuse, I shouldn't have said what I did and I apologise.

If you go back a while I think its fair to say that I gave enrique the benefit of the doubt for a long time, much longer than others, but that in the end his largely patronising way, incessant "suggestions" which were basically becoming almost hourly posts on how things would be better if X, Y or Z were allowed (often contradicting each other) or how things were better before something was changed (despite enrique requesting or supporting that change) and general forum demeanor pushed me over the edge and to get to the point at the end of this thread

http://road.cc/content/forum/85578-rider-values

I admit that largely the behaviour of enrique has improved at the start of this year (the astroturfing using a second account aside) but my opinion has been coloured by past behavior which means that I have less patience and perhaps 'go off on one' a little too easily when it comes to enrique. I'll try to do something about that and give him a fair chance so long as he stops offering me a hug.

This probably will also go some way to explain why those who've been on the forums longer appear to have an unfairly negative opinion of enrique, at least in the eyes of newer players. As a whole the forum is generally a nice play to be and to chat and I'd hate to think that the way some that some of the long standing users react to enrique give new forum people a negative opinion of the forum as a whole so I will try and be better  1

41 with you on this dr H.
He grows on you, I am getting used to him.....but he still needs to learn when to back off a bit. Yes he's helping and willing but can also push things a just that bit to far!  35

chiv30 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Fair enough can't argue with that

Jonas Lorenzen | 10 years ago
0 likes

I can't seem to find any YellowFluo - Neri Sottoli (A team named after a serious tropical disease) riders in the start list. Have you pre-banned them for doping already?

dave atkinson replied to Jonas Lorenzen | 10 years ago
0 likes
Jonas Lorenzen wrote:

I can't seem to find any YellowFluo - Neri Sottoli (A team named after a serious tropical disease) riders in the start list. Have you pre-banned them for doping already?

Try typing VIN into the search box. they still have their old team code

dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes

getting back to the point, the 'all riders' option was set to switch off after a competition starts because a couple of years back we had all that fun with users selecting cheap, non-riding riders to give more funds for stars.

that doesn't work so well for the spring classics, so i've reinstated it for now

northstar | 10 years ago
0 likes

Some people are never happy...and i don't mean enrique, the person should be apologising to him for his out arrogance and rudeness but i doubt they will have the guts to do so and admit they were wrong.

chiv30 replied to northstar | 10 years ago
0 likes
northstar wrote:

Some people are never happy...and i don't mean enrique, the person should be apologising to him for his out arrogance and rudeness but i doubt they will have the guts to do so and admit they were wrong.

Sorry? Is that aimed at me?

I was just offering advice offering hugs to people is hugely patronising , using an alter ego to support your own posts is stupid especially when you get caught out and the posting of YouTube clips is just infantile.

However I will give credit where it's due as I have in other posts , Enrique has done some good things this year and I'd rather not see him revert to his 2013 version as I honestly think he's better than that

northstar replied to chiv30 | 10 years ago
0 likes
chiv30 wrote:
northstar wrote:

Sorry? Is that aimed at me?

I was just offering advice offering hugs to people is hugely patronising , using an alter ego to support your own posts is stupid especially when you get caught out and the posting of YouTube clips is just infantile.

However I will give credit where it's due as I have in other posts , Enrique has done some good things this year and I'd rather not see him revert to his 2013 version as I honestly think he's better than that

No it was not aimed at you, it was aimed at drheaton who i have lot of time for as he and others do a lot for the game etc but there's no justification to get personal when enrique is being helpful in a positive way.

stenmeister | 10 years ago
0 likes

I have been using this site to get startlists and it has served me well so far:

http://www.procyclingstats.com/index.php

drheaton replied to stenmeister | 10 years ago
0 likes
stenmeister wrote:

I have been using this site to get startlists and it has served me well so far:

http://www.procyclingstats.com/index.php

That's a good choice and my main source of info along with cyclingfever.

ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes

Do we still have the situation where Spartacus will get a section of the road named after him if he wins......I remember a lot of stuff about it last season and I think it was for a third win?

20thebear | 10 years ago
0 likes

Please add FINETTO Mauro back to the start list.

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Enrique, do you have a job? Or do you just sit all day looking at the road.cc rider lists searching for spelling mistakes and missing riders?

Pages

Latest Comments