Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Kansi - watch out?

Just a quick post for anyone thinking of buying a Kansi.

I recently bought one, and it came with a pack offering an extended warranty and some extra bits if you register your bike online. The Kansi site has been down for weeks, though, making this impossible. A dealer now tells me that Kansi is being wound up (or has been already); never mind the extended warranty, I doubt I'd get much help with the 1-year one the bike came with. I tried to contact Fisher Outdoor, whose brand Kansi is, or was, but they're not replying.

None of this is a big deal for me: I bought the bike - which is great, by the way - at a reduced price, for reasons that are now clear. There are still people out there selling them at full price, though, and if you paid it you might end up feeling a little aggrieved.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

fourstringsisplenty | 10 years ago
0 likes

This does seem to suggest that it was a Fisher Outdoor-generated product:

http://dave-houghton.co.uk/index.php/project/kansi-bike-design/

Not that it really matters! I think they're good bikes - as reviews often say, it does ride better than a Brompton - so for anyone looking for a relatively inexpensive folder this situation could be good news, as long as you can buy one at a good price.

Does seem a shame they've been discontinued, though: bike radar carried a story about new models for this year that looked really interesting - belt drive, kick shift, etc.

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Not sure they were Fisher "own brand" they were just distributed by Fisher.

I understood they went direct around March/April last year after alot of media attention and reviews.

But their facebook, twitter and website have all disappeared. So it looks like something is happening

0 likes

My LBS tells me they were Fisher right up to the moment all the stock was sold on to someone else at the end of last year. And wasn't Kansi a Fisher-generated brand in the first place? Don't think you can buy them in any other territories...

dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes

they were originally distributed by Fisher Outdoor leisure, then I think they went direct. To my knowledge they've never been distributed by Madison

0 likes

Yaargh! Wrote Madison, meant Fisher Outdoor. Binna longday.

Sorry, Madison, especially as you were so nice to me once at Mountain Mayhem. Sorrysorrysorry... Now corrected above.

Thank you Gkam.

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

As in Kansi, the folding bikes? Never have I heard of them being associated with Madison  39

Depending on how you paid and if they are winding up, you will still be covered.

Latest Comments