Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Volta ao Algarve - Stage 3

Short and apparently technical ITT today.

Three changes for me (one penalty) to get some TTers in, dropped Modolo, Majka and Selvaggi for Kwiatkowski, Malori and Pereira.

I had considered swapping Costa for Martin but I think Rui can keep up today and Martin will need dropping again for tomorrow (in my eyes at least).

Costa
Machado
Kwiatkowski
Coppel
Malori
Kelderman
Pereira (V)
Fonte
Livramento

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

33 comments

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Pretty happy with a stage win, was not expected

ray silvester replied to TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Pretty happy with a stage win, was not expected

41 tommy

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

My risk was dropping Kelderman and Coppel, the first because I needed credits, the second because I think I picked someone who's riding better right now. On top of that I dropped Machado as I ran out of patience and Malori too as he's had his day.

Twybaydos | 10 years ago
0 likes

Castroviejo instead of Malori was a mistake

My purist is now 47 points ahead of my standard team and has beaten me every day. Despite rigging a team today with the express intention of making no changes for tomorrow, I think I'll be ringing in some changes tonight.

At least I have the Tour of Andalucia

chiv30 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Well here's a first ...my purist doing better than my std , I think I'm actually 3rd best purist in the fs for this comp ....things may be looking up after a shaky few days  4

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Already made my changes for tomorrow, taking a big risk, made 2 penalty transfers and dropped some people I think might do well in favour of some I think could be great... this could go badly badly wrong.

chrisdstripes replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

Already made my changes for tomorrow, taking a big risk, made 2 penalty transfers and dropped some people I think might do well in favour of some I think could be great... this could go badly badly wrong.

Nice one - like your style. I've made 2 transfers, bringing Kwia and Chernetskiy in. Embarrassed now by how boring that is! Having said that, I still have Machado and Oliveira, might take a hit if I can find someone worth bringing in...

Joelsim | 10 years ago
0 likes

Let down by Machedo and Castroviejo I think, but luckily Kwia, Martin and Malori helped out.

ray silvester replied to Joelsim | 10 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:

Let down by Machedo and Castroviejo I think, but luckily Kwia, Martin and Malori helped out.

Jeez.....did Castro and Spilak crash or something?

How is Cav beating them in a TT?

stevemarks replied to ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:
Joelsim wrote:

Jeez.....did Castro and Spilak crash or something?

How is Cav beating them in a TT?

Cavs is no slouch at short ITT's if you check back. I hope Spilak had a rest day for tomorrow and I think Jonathon must have had a mechanical as he was beaten by Dowsett.

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

I messed up a couple of days ago and ended up not being able to afford Kwia, so had to either take 20 pens to get him in, or leave him out on the off-chance of a mechanical or something. Made the wrong choice methinks...

2,3,9,12 - I always get the tactics wrong in TTs. Castroviejo, Machado and Oliveira were the let-downs.

Philip Unwin | 10 years ago
0 likes

1,2,3,5 for my purist. Shame about my standard.

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

1,2,9,12 & 16 plus 1,3 & 6 on GC. A solid 95 after penalties but nothing spectacular.

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

2,3,6,12 for me. Much better than yesterday.

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

top 20:
KWIATKOWSKI Michal
MALORI Adriano
MARTIN Tony
CONTADOR Alberto
DOWSETT Alex
BARTA Jan
FLENS Rick
DE GENDT Thomas
KELDERMAN Wilco
GENIEZ Alexandre
VERMOTE Julien
COSTA Rui
SENECHAL Florian
CHERNETCKII Sergei
LEMOINE Cyril
COPPEL Jérome
FOUCHARD Julien
GOLAS Michal
VANMARCKE Sep
BELKOV Maxim

stevemarks | 10 years ago
0 likes

.....and that's why Michel Kwiatowski is the most expensive player in the game.

jollygoodvelo replied to stevemarks | 10 years ago
0 likes
stevemarks wrote:

.....and that's why Michel Kwiatowski is the most expensive player in the game.

Cracking rider. I can seriously see him having a go at the Giro GC in a couple of years' time.

I think he, Stybar and Tony Martin are three of my favourite riders, and all happen to ride for OPQS.

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Martin scores 30 (25 for 3rd plus 5 teammate bonus) to Costa's 9 for 12th (plus any GC points) means that I probably just about picked right in not making a Martin for Costa swap.

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

1 Kwiatkowski 2 Malori +10 3 Martin +12 4 Dowsettt +24 5 Barta +27 6 Flens +28 7 De Gendt +29

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Kwiatkowski wins

livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes

Kwiatkowski wins by 11secs

jollygoodvelo | 10 years ago
0 likes

Kwatko fastest at the intermediate split apparently...  4

edit:
1. Kwiatkowski 14.03
2. Malori+11
3. Martin+13
4. Contador+20
5. Dowsett+25
6. Barta+28
7. Flens+29
8. De Gendt+30

ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes

That's Martin(Algarve) and Phinney(San Luis) that Malori has beaten this season I think....still not sure he'll take the stage though

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

1 Malori 14:14 Martin +2 3 Dowsett +13 3 Barta +16 4 Flens +17

With a dozen riders still to go

Twybaydos | 10 years ago
0 likes
Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

1 and 3 so far.

EDIT: make that 1,2,4  4

ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes

I bought Kelderman and Castroviejo in for Oliveira and Demare

Martin
Costa
Spilak
Castroviejo
Kelderman
Coquard
Engulvent
Machado
Mestre

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Barta comes in third fastest so far.

chiv30 | 10 years ago
0 likes

1,2 so far for me then... things could be looking up  35

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes
Quote:

#VoltaAlgarve Provisional: 1 Martin 14:16 2 Dowsett +12 3 Flens +16 4 De Gendt +17 5 Vermote +21

Martin in the lead but Dowsett very close, can't tell whether Dowsett rode well or Martin didn't (hoping for the latter).

Pages

Latest Comments