Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Spring Classics Question

Will races like Strade Bianche and Roma Maxima be part of the Spring Classics?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

58 comments

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes

Oh, wow, I didn't notice Dwars door Vlaanderen was left out  2 Any chance we can add it last minute?  39

drheaton | 9 years ago
0 likes

Nope, no chopping and changing this year, it just pisses everyone off. Make sure you remember it and suggest it for addition next year.

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

... are you not enjoying... ?...

I'm enjoying the crap out of a 150 budget, TER, that's for sure! I love it! And a full roster! And a whole week to mess around with the teams. And a warm-up race in Dwars Door Vlanderen! That's awesome! And only 2 riders above 30.0 credits! That's cool! I love it! Primo conditions! Yes, I love this game. I'd marry it if I could! But then would dr be my brother-in-law?  39 And would Dave be my father-in-law?  39 And Gkam my little brother-in-law? And you?  39 Hmmm...

As for enjoying the break, well, in the good words of dr... No! I want....

drheaton wrote:

More more more more more, that's all you ever seem to want enrique

As in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlJGrIyt-X8

I can't help it!  40 I'm a 70's child! Emphasis on child, of course!  4

Sing along 'How do you like it? How do you like it?'

Heh heh!  4 I feel happy today.  1

drheaton wrote:

... remember it and suggest it... next year.

Sure will! Thank you!  1

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I'm sorry, I really have NO room in my family for you  21

We cant please all the people all of the time....we've slotted in some womens races, because I really wanted them, it is proving a challenge for me and I cant see them being around next season if this test run is anything to go by.

Plus, with this year being sponsored by Wiggle, which we are all happy about, we couldn't rip the arse out of it and put in every single race that the UCI runs.

I'm going out on a limb, because I do not know this answer, but I think they would have said to Dave, we are willing to pay/sponsor/donate X amount of items to a total value of Y. So Dave then has to balance X and Y between stages and race prizes....

TERatcliffe26 replied to enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:

Oh, wow, I didn't notice Dwars door Vlaanderen was left out  2 Any chance we can add it last minute?  39

Just a question, and Im normally all for plenty of races, but are you not enjoying the little bit of a break after the hectic last week or two, with just a stage race and it being the end of the week before the classic races kick back in?

Maybe is just me with being at work etc, but enjoying a bit more of a relaxed schedule this week

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Hi, Roma Maxima scores aren't currently showing in the leagues.

It's something that happens occassionally when stages are updated out of sync (where two or more happen on a given day) and it's been raised a couple of times before like here:

http://road.cc/content/forum/113270-home-page-scores-and-overall-table-s...

If you check your scores again tonight after the latest Paris-Nice update is run hopefully should be working perfectly.

OldSchoolSpinner replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

@drheaton - many thanks for your reply and link, appreciate it.

OldSchoolSpinner | 10 years ago
0 likes

Hi All

Me and a mate are a tad confused about the scoring for the spring classics for our mini league. I've tried to find the answer in the forum but not seen one (woods for the trees etc).

I didn't get a team submitted for the Roma Maxima but my mate did. He scored 104 and I of course scored nothing. However, his Roma Maxima points are not counted in our overall league score for all competitions. This is helping me as I am still ahead overall re cumulative points for all competitions so far, but technically my mate is about 75 ahead with his Roma Maxima scores.

Am I missing something here or just being totally dumb? This is the first year we've done the Road.cc fantasy league and are continually learning.

Thanks for any help.

Your,

Scratching my head.

Cirage | 10 years ago
0 likes

Is it possible to view your team (Spring Classics), once the race as started. Checked everywhere I think, but cannot see my team, had a similar problem with first races.

TERatcliffe26 replied to Cirage | 10 years ago
0 likes
Cirage wrote:

Is it possible to view your team (Spring Classics), once the race as started. Checked everywhere I think, but cannot see my team, had a similar problem with first races.

you should be able to, in the normal way you would look, as you should now be able to make changes for milan san-remo

enrique replied to Cirage | 10 years ago
0 likes
Cirage wrote:

You can't see the riders on your team when you visit the 'SCL' tab and click on 'My Team'?

arsene | 10 years ago
0 likes

Another question: As a purist, I've always liked playing the cobble races and the Ardennes races in groups,

(28th March E3 Harelbeke)
30th March Gent-Wevelgem
6th April Flanders
13th April Paris-Roubaix

20th April Amstel Gold
23rd April Fleche Wallonie
27th April Liege-Bastogne-Liege

meaning, there would be transfers inbetween every single race, but only between the 2 groups an unlimited window.

Will we do this also in 2014?

chiv30 replied to arsene | 10 years ago
0 likes
arsene wrote:

Will we do this also in 2014?

Am I missing something....I'm sure it's 2014 now  7

Armchair Cyclist | 10 years ago
0 likes

So if there are unlimited transfers on the purist game between races, we essentially get to submit two teams: is that right?

jollygoodvelo | 10 years ago
0 likes

Kuurne-Brussels-Kuurne? Disco Inferno!

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

Ace - exactly the races I was hoping for. Nice on Dave.  4

Joelsim | 10 years ago
0 likes

Fantastic news, something for every weekend when you factor in Paris-Nice and Tirreno-Adriatico

dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes

the competition should be open later today...

dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes

The final 12:

1st March Omloop
2nd March Kuurne-Brussels-Kuurne
8th March Strade Bianchi
9th March Roma Maxima
23rd March Milan Sanremo
28th March E3 Harelbeke
30th March Gent-Wevelgem
6th April Flanders
13th April Paris-Roubaix
20th April Amstel Gold
23rd April Fleche Wallonie
27th April Liege-Bastogne-Liege

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Dave appears to be working on the classics now and you'll notice that they're starting to pop up in the 'what's coming up' section of the home page.

The first four are:

Quote:

Spring Classics - Omloop Het Nieuwsblad - Sat, 01 Mar
Spring Classics - Kuurne-Brussel-Kuurne - Sun, 02 Mar
Spring Classics - Strade Bianche - Sat, 08 Mar
Spring Classics - Roma Maxima - Sun, 09 Mar

Best get planning your teams!

Twybaydos | 10 years ago
0 likes

Are we doing both Omloop and KBK this weekend? Personally I'd like to do both and I think they both have strong fields.

northstar | 10 years ago
0 likes

Again, there is no logical reason to leave any of them from the list...

Joelsim | 10 years ago
0 likes

We definitely need a couple next weekend.

Otherwise what are we going to do with ourselves this week?

Some good contenders in Omloop too, OPQS have a very strong team.

Joelsim replied to Joelsim | 10 years ago
0 likes

Especially with it being the real start to the season and all that.

Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes

Of Gkam's list, the only one I'd want taking off would be Scheldepris. Milan-San Remo, Harelbeke, Ghent-Wevelgem, Flanders, Paris-Roubaix, Amstel Gold, Fleche Wallone and L-B-L are all World Tour races, so must go in.

As to the first couple of weekends:

Omloop & KBK - I'm not aware of this clashing with anything else, so why not run it?

SB & RM - OK, so this runs into the start of Paris-Nice, but they were both great races last year. I'd like to see them included (I'd have G.P. Camaiore in as well, but perhaps that's pushing my luck. I like lots of races; if it were up to me our season would start with the Tropicale Amissa Bongo).

Which just leaves the Scheldepris. Sorry Scheldepris  20

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

I think its a shame that purist doesn't count for anything in the classics, ie you get unlimited transfers between similar races like G3 and Gent-Wev etc. In an ideal world, we'd decide the schedule, and then decide a fair number of purist transfers allowed between the races. I like the idea that playing purist is different to standard, ie you are checking startlists and picking some riders that are in both, say Omloop and KBK, rather than just picking the same team as your standard in the knowledge you can change it all.

But if thats too compliacated then we'll just have to go with it as is. Shame tho'.

TERatcliffe26 replied to chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

I think its a shame that purist doesn't count for anything in the classics, ie you get unlimited transfers between similar races like G3 and Gent-Wev etc. In an ideal world, we'd decide the schedule, and then decide a fair number of purist transfers allowed between the races. I like the idea that playing purist is different to standard, ie you are checking startlists and picking some riders that are in both, say Omloop and KBK, rather than just picking the same team as your standard in the knowledge you can change it all.

But if thats too compliacated then we'll just have to go with it as is. Shame tho'.

Its not complicated to employ, but last year there were too many occasions where players came on not realizing there were set transfer amounts between races or non between purists, one due to the time between certain races, and also changes in startlists, and finally players not quite understanding the way the classics worked, so Dave decided by just saying transfers unlimited transfers there is no confusion for any players

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

livestrongnick has a fair point. The classics run throughout one of the busiest periods in the fantasy calendar so more may be good when looking at the classics in isolation but when you add in five separate week long tours and the start of the women's race (which are new additions to the calendar this year) it gets very very busy.

orli replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

The classics run throughout one of the busiest periods in the fantasy calendar so more may be good when looking at the classics in isolation but when you add in five separate week long tours and the start of the women's race (which are new additions to the calendar this year) it gets very very busy.

I don't know. It seems you Premium guys are playing two stage races right now (Oman and Algarve) and some are even playing the Vuelta a Andalucia on the forum... I think you can handle a one day race on weekends too

Suthisan replied to orli | 10 years ago
0 likes

The list of Spring Classic races should have been decided before the 2014 season started and not be under discussion at this late stage. The overworked and under appreciated programmers don't need extra complications. Nods to Dave and the team.

If you decide to include everything then open the World Tour races to everyone and the rest can be Premium only  16 This way, it might be possible to have Purist teams like last year. Nuff said !

Pages

Latest Comments