Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Beacon bikes – any knowledge/views

Hi,

Seen a few shots of new brand Beacon bikes from London Bike show.

The BF100 looks very tidy race bike! Anyone have any inside knowledge on the brand, reviews, ride feedback etc?

Cheers, Jon

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

RoboRider21 | 10 years ago
0 likes

This is just a re brand of Onix Bikes.
http://www.bikebiz.com/news/read/founder-craig-middleton-leaves-onix-bik...

I follow the previous owner on Twitter, his ID is @onixfounder

I spoke to them at The London Bike Show, Rob Hayles is attached as the face of the brand.

Quirky looking bikes paintwork wise that look like very standard off the shelf Chinese moulds.

When I asked them if they designed their own frames they were very evasive and I didnt really get a straight answer.

Im thinking if they did they would just say "yes we do"

Getting a bit fed up of the massive influx of bike brands now flooding the market who are just putting paint on off the shelf open mould products that are coming out of the many Far Eastern Factory's

Their top of the range road bike was expensive in my opinion, Plenty of other more trusted, longer established brands who definitely design their own bikes at this price point for me.

notfastenough | 10 years ago
0 likes

They do indeed look the part. I tweeted them to ask about the frame origins, and they assured me that the frames were their own design rather than just a generic thing with a paint job, but when I replied to say " cool! What's different," I'm was met with a loud silence.

jonnyllew replied to notfastenough | 10 years ago
0 likes

Aaaaaaahhh...

Latest Comments