Project One - Unofficial Vote for registered users only

by Tinternet_tim   February 16, 2014  

I've found all this fury and debate on the 'methods' of obtaining votes for the project one' competition quite interesting.

Someone mentioned that maybe only those registered should have their votes count as it would eliminate those multiple votes using IT solutions.

So, how about it, lets use this thread to record your vote. I will tot up all votes when the comp closes (was it 24th Feb?) and we can announce the unofficial winner...a bit of pride for the winner within our Road cc cycling community Smile

Some rules:
- Only 1 vote each (I will check)
- Ignore current voting standings
- Don't be influenced if someone starts running away with the lead in this 'unofficial voting results'
- If you know the 'designer', don't let that influence your vote
- Vote purely on aesthetics and finishing kit
- Please use VOTE GOES TO 'name' to make it clear when collating the votes

All pretty simple

I'll start

VOTE GOES TO Graham Dodgson

10 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

Juliet's. It looks like happiness on wheels

posted by breezergood [35 posts]
17th February 2014 - 9:07

102 Likes

VOTE GOES TO Alice Carter

posted by gregww1 [32 posts]
17th February 2014 - 9:17

102 Likes

breezergood wrote:
Juliet's. It looks like happiness on wheels

Agreed, she got my original vote anyway. Fit bike. <3

Merlin Cycles women's race team ~ http://www.merlincycles.com
Manx nerd peddler ~ http://mooleur.blogspot.com

mooleur's picture

posted by mooleur [542 posts]
17th February 2014 - 10:19

102 Likes

Mine aside ofc... I vote GREG WHITTON

posted by Ed Greenough [13 posts]
17th February 2014 - 12:24

101 Likes

VOTE GOES TO Mark Campion

neildmoss's picture

posted by neildmoss [202 posts]
17th February 2014 - 14:59

101 Likes

This is gonna be close, but I can't remember all the people I voted for, so I shall merely observe from a distance...Ill put the kettle on and wait.

Comrade's picture

posted by Comrade [155 posts]
17th February 2014 - 16:59

101 Likes

Darren Collard, I think his name was. The Giro-themed one, anyway.

Slightly OT, but last time I checked Juliet was running away with it gradually, then today I check to find that suddenly a couple of previously-also-rans have got, like, 3000 votes! Can't help thinking that this makes a bit of a laughing stock of Trek and Road.cc.

Last night I would have considered trading a very loud baby for a really nice bike.

posted by notfastenough [3355 posts]
17th February 2014 - 17:49

102 Likes

notfastenough wrote:
Darren Collard, I think his name was. The Giro-themed one, anyway.

Slightly OT, but last time I checked Juliet was running away with it gradually, then today I check to find that suddenly a couple of previously-also-rans have got, like, 3000 votes! Can't help thinking that this makes a bit of a laughing stock of Trek and Road.cc.

I think Darren was the only one to have a clear themed design concept, though some of the others are cool looking if only because of the colour schemes. However this very thread does nothing to rectify and injustice you perceive. If all you want is a board to moan on then then I should have won too.

Suffering from Low Cadence.

bikeboy76's picture

posted by bikeboy76 [1356 posts]
17th February 2014 - 19:01

101 Likes

Hi Notfastenough (and others), I do agree with your comments about injustice etc of the comp as it seems to be down to how many people you know and more importantly, how IT savvy you are (also how much time you have on your hands).

We aren't going to fix it, so if possible can keep this thread to register an 'unofficial' vote to see whose bike is the bike of choice amongst cyclist and see how it compares to the actual winner.

If you want to vent, there has been another thread set up and everyone is sharing their thoughts and view. It has been posted that some disqualification may be happening Smile

As for others, come on get voting...just as a bit of fun

2014 Ride100 London Sportive
http://www.justgiving.com/Sponsor-Tim

posted by Tinternet_tim [80 posts]
17th February 2014 - 21:19

101 Likes

Juilet..... I would be happy riding that bike Party

I'm only here for the cake

Dizzy's picture

posted by Dizzy [65 posts]
20th February 2014 - 13:01

81 Likes