Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Can we have "mark all topics / forum read type button...

please, there's a lot of topics / discussions i have little interest in reading and would be very useful.

First world problem (for now, flooding pending) perhaps.

Thank you.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

17 comments

northstar | 10 years ago
0 likes

Daily bump, just because it appears to annoy drheaton.

enrique replied to northstar | 10 years ago
0 likes
northstar wrote:

Daily bump, just because...

You kill me. I almost fell out of my chair. Good comic relief!

northstar | 10 years ago
0 likes

That was once daily, the rest of what you said is imo complete nonsense.

If someone had just said it will be done in x amount of time in a certain month i wouldn't bump it.

If it requires a software forum change then fair enough, anyhow as i said above, just a time idea would have "shut me up".

I'll wait on it as you have kind of explained how it is.

(and if you think that was aggressive then you should take a look at what happened yesterday / day before, that was overtly aggressive, i have just been pushy (happy to admit that i have).

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes
Quote:

posted by northstar [729 posts]
6th March 2014 - 14:14

Quote:

posted by northstar [729 posts]
7th March 2014 - 14:47

That looks pretty daily to me.

There's no need to get aggressive, I was purely trying to say that changes to the forum and game take time and it may not be either a) possible or b) easy to make that change depending on the software used to run the forum.

If the suggestions is thought to be a good then it'll get implemented if possible and if it's considered important the change will be made quickly, otherwise it'll take time. Bumping a thread every day or every few days isn't going to hurry that process along.

northstar | 10 years ago
0 likes

I haven't bumped it daily so i suggest you don't say that again, it's quite a simple thing to do (i think), it's been nearly a month, i digress.

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Bumping a thread daily isn't going to help. If it's being looked into or implemented then it'll get rolled out when it gets rolled out. There are lots of things that need attention and at the minute Dave (who would deal with this) is busy running the Spring Classics as well as working on the site as a whole. Just be a little patient  1

northstar | 10 years ago
0 likes

Bump.

northstar | 10 years ago
0 likes

Bump because it appears to have been overlooked...again.

northstar | 10 years ago
0 likes

How is this coming along?

northstar | 10 years ago
0 likes

Fair point dr : D

dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes

I can confirm I have seen  3

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Its not been missed, its just that Dave, who sorts out that kind of thing, is out of the country at the minute.

Anyway, he can't miss the thread because there's no way of marking it as read without actually reading it  1

northstar | 10 years ago
0 likes

Bump because it appears to have not been seen...

farrell | 10 years ago
0 likes

On a similar note, didn't there used to be a "more comments" button below the Latest Comments section?

If there used to be one, I would vote in favour of bringing it back. If it didn't exist and I have invented it in my head then I vote in favour of inventing it in real life. And claiming all the credit.

northstar | 10 years ago
0 likes

Monday bump if it was missed.

northstar | 10 years ago
0 likes

Yeah you are spot on : )

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

Do you mean a bit like the read all button on your emails which ticks all emails and you can then delete them (obviously not delete them from the forum but to say they've been read) ?

Sounds like a simple idea to put into practice as to be honest there are a lot of topics flying around at the mo.

Latest Comments