Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Project One Clarification

Right, I am starting this, because to my utter disappointment, I have been reading about people "manipulating" the voting.

I tried this out...It worked. So some of the bikes are receiving multiple votes from the same people, over and over.

My question is

Do you have to be logged in for a vote to be cast? (I seemed to be able to vote without being logged in, twice)
Can you vote more than once on the same bike? (I also managed to do this)
Can you vote daily on the same bike? (I haven't been able to confirm this)

From what I am reading, there are a number of people, voting over and over on the same bike and artificially bumping the votes up, are these getting counted?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

101 comments

20thebear | 10 years ago
0 likes

"Voting will close at 5pm UK time on Friday 21 February"

That's about 10,476 minutes from now.

You said 30 votes in about 5 mins

30 x 2095 = 62,856 votes.

I'll give you the wheels if I win  36

Gkam84 replied to 20thebear | 10 years ago
0 likes
20thebear wrote:

"Voting will close at 5pm UK time on Friday 21 February"

That's about 10,476 minutes from now.

You said 30 votes in about 5 mins

30 x 2095 = 62,856 votes.

I'll give you the wheels if I win  36

No use in bribing me with wheels I'm afraid, they wouldn't fit my trike  3

20thebear replied to Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

No use in bribing me with wheels I'm afraid, they wouldn't fit my trike  3

Ok then how about a Wham bar and a packet of Frazzles?

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Well there are tactics to get votes, like you are doing, tweets, facebook, asking people to vote daily if then can.

Then there are ways of actively encouraging your voters to manipulate the voting...proxy servers and the like. Which to me seems very wrong and should lead to disqualification from the competition

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Which one is yours, I'll go whack on a vote for you, because it is the one I have been going on about, I see the "wrong" tactics being used with

breezergood replied to Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Which one is yours, I'll go whack on a vote for you, because it is the one I have been going on about, I see the "wrong" tactics being used with

Wrong tactics??
Its a competition to get votes.. I'm trying to get votes, I want to win the same as everyone else. I'm at a loss to see your point tbh.

breezergood | 10 years ago
0 likes

People voting for you can vote daily apparently. That seems to be what people are finding. I told people yesterday to keep trying each day anyway, seems worth a shot. If it was registered users only, it would be pointless in asking people to vote. Not many random people are gonna go to that trouble for a stranger.

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

But if you are logged in, you cannot vote more than once, not once per day....

It should have been left to registered users only, that would have stopped all this multiple voting.

One vote is cast, with your log in....done

breezergood | 10 years ago
0 likes

Only found out Yesterday that people could vote each day. Not really sure on the tech side of things, but i guess it kind of stands to reason that you could use a couple of devices? The rules aren't very clear really.

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

They seem to be linked to IP's, rather than log in's. Which is a shame, but it has set up for people voting multiple times over many devices and IP's

They have been quite open about their cheating online. I tried something on a low ranked bike via proxies. I was able to vote over 30 times in the space of minutes

20thebear | 10 years ago
0 likes

Are the votes not linked to your device ip address?
So you can vote off your computer, ipad, iphone , android device, etc.

Or you can "manipulate" the result by using a proxy system to hide your ip address?

Shame not enough people have done that to vote for my bike.

I'm sure anyone with a bit of IT understanding could "work" the system to their advantage.

Pages

Latest Comments