Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

54 or 56 bmc team machine

Currently ride a Scott cr1 in 54 (medium) I'm 5ft 10.5, 32" inside leg, my current bike feels ok but slightly cramped, I think I'm at the top end of a medium size or just at the low end of large if that sounds right? This is the next bike I'm looking to buy http://m.evanscycles.com/products/bmc/teammachine-slr01-dura-ace-2014-ro...

I've been told a more stretched out position is better, but will it give me less options to adjust the fit, what's most important, reach, stand over clearance etc? I've got a test booked in at evans on both sizes, what's important to consider in making my mind up? Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

31 comments

wellcoordinated | 10 years ago
0 likes

Link doesn't work  2

Size means practically nothing as nearly every manufacture has a quirky way of measuring their frames these days. Best to go to an Evans shop and take you chosen bike out on the road and see if it feels comfortable. Try both sizes, even make tweaks by using a longer/shorter handlebar stem.

Pages

Latest Comments