Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

GPS Software for Windows phone

I'm considering getting a Windows phone, but before I commit I'd appreciate your thoughts on the best GPS apps currently available for Windows phones? I'm looking for something that essentially replicates the recording functionality of a Garmin; logging the route on a map and the usual ride stats of speed, distance etc. I'm less interested in being guided round a route, so the phone would basically sit in a pocket.

Many thanks.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

chrismday | 10 years ago
0 likes

Many thanks for your suggestions, I appreciate it.

stealfwayne | 10 years ago
0 likes

+2 for Endomondo. Great software, accurate and easy to use. Doesn't eat a lot of power either, I have completed 4 hour rides and still had enough to call home, take a couple of photos. Couple of my mates have it so we compare routes against each other. Though all are aware it's not a race.
PS I have a four year old Nokia Mozart phone running Windows.Hope it helps

matthewn5 | 10 years ago
0 likes

+1 for Endomondo. No KOMs either  3

60kg lean keen ... | 10 years ago
0 likes

I use Edomondo running on a Nokia. I am not big in to data just nice to have stats as to where and how far I have been, but you can subscribe to extras so have a look.

jaredholdcroft | 10 years ago
0 likes

Runtastic is a good option.

One thing too also consider with a WP is very poor bluetooth 4.0 support so if you decided you wanted HR/speed/cadence sensors further down the line it would be a struggle. iOS is great for this, Android is good and getting better all the time.

J

John_the_Monkey | 10 years ago
0 likes

Sports Tracker? I've used both the Symbian version, and the Android version, and both were excellent.

sfichele | 10 years ago
0 likes

NB: Strava does not work on a Windoze phone

Latest Comments