Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Canyon Ultimate CF SL 9.0 Team vs Rose Xeon CRS 5000

After a lot of deliberation and playing around with their bike configurator, I was about to commit to the Rose Xeon CRS 5000, as Canyon didn't have a Chorus equipped model in their range anymore. Out of curiosity I had a browse on the Canyon website and lo and behold, the Ultimate CF SL 9.0 Team in Movistar colours, full Chorus, Campy Eurus wheels too. I got a rush of blood to the head and ordered the Canyon. Right choice?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

hill4544 | 10 years ago
0 likes

It's a direct replacement for my old shape Canyon Ultimate CF with full Athena and Campy Zonda wheels, which has been a superb bike. And yes Jez, both Canyons have the VCLS seat post. I'm hoping the new one will be on another level. I've also got a Rose Xeon CW which is also a superb bike, hence my deliberation over Rose/Canyon

fukawitribe replied to hill4544 | 10 years ago
0 likes
hill4544 wrote:

It's a direct replacement for my old shape Canyon Ultimate CF with full Athena and Campy Zonda wheels, which has been a superb bike. And yes Jez, both Canyons have the VCLS seat post. I'm hoping the new one will be on another level. I've also got a Rose Xeon CW which is also a superb bike, hence my deliberation over Rose/Canyon

Ahhhh - I see your dilemma... probably the best thing to do is to lend me some of your stable for a few months and we could compare notes about the relative merits of them over a pint or two towards the end of autumn. I'll even get the first round in  1

Jez Ash | 10 years ago
0 likes

I have the Rose (albeit with a different groupset) and it's really good. That said, I'd be pretty sure the Canyon is too, so if you found the package that you're after then I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

I assume you get Canyon's rather brilliant VCLS seatpost too.

notfastenough | 10 years ago
0 likes

I reckon that will be awesome. Pro-team colours on bikes is fine - it's not like wearing team kit because it's just a colour scheme usually. I've got a Trek 4.5, but it doesn't have radioshack or anything on it, just a couple of red/blue flashes. Enjoy it!

700c | 10 years ago
0 likes

Right choice? er.. time will tell - I guess you've not ridden it yet!

chorus and Eurus should be nice though!

Leviathan | 10 years ago
0 likes

Only if you buy Movistar jersey, shorts, mitts and socks to go with it.

Latest Comments