Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Private Purist Leagues showing non Purist teams

Any reason why this would be happening? I know they disappeared from the league briefly only to return again!?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

29 comments

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Ah sorry guys, I didn't mean to put you down, I just wasn't sure, I dont keep abreast of the forum games and have nowt to do with leagues.

In that case, keep up the good work  36  36  41  41

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Ray Silvester? What does he do  39  39

Stumps replied to Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

I assume your being arguementative  3

ray silvester replied to Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

He is correct though....I run the Forum's Scorum's and try to help with the other forum based things but have nothing to do with the coding/internal mechanics of the game

Stumps replied to ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:
Gkam84 wrote:

He is correct though....I run the Forum's Scorum's and try to help with the other forum based things but have nothing to do with the coding/internal mechanics of the game

Your right but you do the forum scorum's which obviously takes time and you do it for free which is what i was getting at - trying to big you up here mate  4

ray silvester replied to Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes
stumps wrote:
ray silvester wrote:
Gkam84 wrote:

Your right but you do the forum scorum's which obviously takes time and you do it for free which is what i was getting at - trying to big you up here mate  4

And much appreciated  8

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

Personally i think the game has evolved into a better game all round. The new set up IS easy to follow and as for the roll over transfers i think its been beaten to death and back again.

I like the new badge system for each race and all you have to do is click the home button to get our full season points and badges, hardly rocket science is it ?

To think these lads, DrH, Gkam, TERatcliffe, Ray Silvester even Enrique do it all for free deserves mega praise and not put downs because a few players benefitted from a glitch which will be fixed.

chiv30 | 10 years ago
0 likes

I've been following this thread due to some issues I am facing with the game and I'd like to point out that as annoying as some game errors can be , the people who run it have been nothing but helpful with my issues and their communication on a day with two stages needing updating has been exemplary.

Yes there are niggles but give them time to try to resolve them and listen to what they have to say and things should work out for both sides

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

memories of meseeuw = the new Enrique...just nod your head and agree, while all the time ignoring  4

Drantley Gicks | 10 years ago
0 likes

Is there anyway to improve the standard of the the competitors in a private league? I have noticed the quality has declined, resulting in a lack of competition. I hope roadcc do something about this asap!!

dave atkinson replied to Drantley Gicks | 10 years ago
0 likes
Drantley Gicks wrote:

Is there anyway to improve the standard of the the competitors in a private league? I have noticed the quality has declined, resulting in a lack of competition. I hope roadcc do something about this asap!!

don't peak too early, big man  4

ray silvester replied to Drantley Gicks | 10 years ago
0 likes
Drantley Gicks wrote:

You could Join the big boys in the Forum's Scorum's (id76157)?

Drantley Gicks replied to ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:
Drantley Gicks wrote:

I think I will make do with lightweights in my league and lord it over them using twitter and the forum!

ray silvester replied to Drantley Gicks | 10 years ago
0 likes
Drantley Gicks wrote:
ray silvester wrote:
Drantley Gicks wrote:

I think I will make do with lightweights in my league and lord it over them using twitter and the forum!

bleedin' pro-continentals!!  29

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

As for the so called layout, the game engine is exactly the same, but in terms of colour scheme etc, goes hand in hand with sponsorship from Wiggle, and prizes that come from that.
Your on about being able to toggle between aspects, I haven't noticed any differences, each race is separate and needs to be run that way with overlapping races.

As for the transfer debate, its redundant now anyway, but your argument is that if someone has say 8 transfers over someone who has 4 well yes your right it could be advantageous, however its not that black and white, not point having 8 transfers if you pick the wrong riders, and yes it is a good tactical tool, but races rarely go as you plan, and in the main the scoring from last year reflected that was no real advantage from being able to roll over more transfers from what I could see. Its been rolled out as it was a good feature.

The Tour de Med issue will be rectified, sometimes it can't just be an instantaneous fix

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

The rolling over transfers made bugger all difference last year in terms of standard vs premium scoring.

memories of meseeuw replied to Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

You can say it as much as you like, doesn't make it true.  4

Anyone who believes that the ability to carry unlimited transfers over compared to being restriced to a maximum 4 (6 after a rest day) wasn't an unfair advantage clearly wasn't playing the game very well. I took numerous transfer penalty points as a standard player last season and virtually every time it paid off against fellow standard players. Tells me all I need to know.

I came about 30 something on the overall for non premium races last season. That was the second best position for a standard player. Is it becoming clearer now?

No advantage whatsoever in the one day races but a clear advantage on the Grand Tours and most other stage races too. Citing the odd standard player that has a particularly good stage race result from time to time ( I was 4th in Oman last season I think) doesn't change the fact that banking transfers is a clear bonus. That's why it's been rolled out to ALL players this season because it's a good tactical tool that adds to the skill of the game. It enhances what is already a really good game.

Anyway, not sure why I'm still labouring the point as I took the decision to go purist this season to ensure a level playing field. That was before I heard about the rule change (plus I wanted to be less involved than i was last season).

Btw, two stages worth of points from Med Tour error are still counting for some players in the purist standard only league I play in, and the overall one too. Until those points are taken away then the Tour of Med issue hasn't been resolved. Only half the problem has been fixed by preventing standard players still having a team in that race.

Other than all that, keep up the good work and thanks for the game.

dave atkinson replied to memories of meseeuw | 10 years ago
0 likes
memories of meseeuw wrote:

That's why it's been rolled out to ALL players this season

it's been rolled out to all players this season because in spite of the fact that i don't think it made much difference, we could have done without the obsessing about it. so we changed it, and now it's all "i told you so" instead. Plus ça change, etc

Twybaydos | 10 years ago
0 likes

As things stand, a standard game person (Bluto) is leading the overall competition. Would it be worth offering him to buy premium before scrubbing his scores?

dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes

missed the OP, have contacted them to resolve.

the tour of the Med is a premium competition, so wouldn't count towards the overall non-premium anyway. the issue has been fixed and the non-premium teams for TMD will be removed for the next update.

i'm at a loss to what the all singing, all dancing new features are. the game engine is exactly the same as last year, save for the fact that the badges are per competition to keep things interesting. we've had a few glitches, but we're working to resolve them, as ever.

memories of meseeuw replied to dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes

But the scores that the non premium players have picked up in two stages of Med Tour are still showing up in all non premium leagues. Will this change on the update or just the ability for the non premium players to continue with a team in the race? If it's the latter then the issue won't have been fixed.

The "all singing all dancing new features" or "bells and whistles" as I called them, is the whole new design of the page layouts/fonts styles etc etc. One feature in particular is that I used to be able to toggle between overall and this race points in my league. Now I can't and have to play around to find a way of doing it. All seems a bit like when email account providers and browsers change all their layout and functionality just for the sake of change, when there was nothing wrong with the original. Last season the site worked really well and was easy to use. No issues bar the odd scoring mistake on a stage, which is easy to make and was always rectified quickly once the error was spotted.

Hats off for the one and only rule change this season - levelling the playing field within each race by allowing all players to carry over as many transfers as they like, instead of the unfair advantage premium players had last season. That's a good move to rectify last seasons mistake I believe. The game itself is still really good.

dave atkinson replied to memories of meseeuw | 10 years ago
0 likes
memories of meseeuw wrote:

No issues bar the odd scoring mistake on a stage

you have a short memory, my friend  3

cranky | 10 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for the update, I'm happy to hear it is being looked into. The point stands the thread was ignored though.

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

The thread and the issue has not been ignored, this problem was picked up by Gkam straight after the first scores were done by me and and an email went around everyone who runs the game. It's being looked into and once a resolution is reached I'm sure a statement will be made.

memories of meseeuw replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

The OP's non purists showing up in purists leagues question was ignored. At least in a sense that no response was given to it on this thread in two weeks and the issue still hasn't been resolved.

I agree though that the Med Tour mistake is fresh and is no doubt being looked into as we speak. What doesn't inspire confidence though is that it's now changed to showing as a 'standard' in the competition tag rather than 'premium' that it started out as. Hopefully this is just another glitch though and will all be sorted by standard points for this race being taken away and it returning to a premium only competition.

I appreciate the game will have glitches and I take my hat off to all those sorting the scores out each day. In the past, when there's been scoring mistakes (which is inevitable) they've always been rectified when the errors have been pointed out. Just hope the new look site (the bells and whistles) finally settles down and all glitches are eventually ironed out.

cranky | 10 years ago
0 likes

Surely scoring a competition that 90% of people didn't know about had to be rectified along with the reason this thread was started and been ignored up until now would be a good way to level the playing field!

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

I think 'ruined' is going a bit far, obviously standard players being able to access to a premium race isn't ideal and not something that was intended but as the game grows and improves things like this will happen.

What exactly would you class as bells and whistles? The premium membership? That's optional as are any races you don't fancy competing in. The transfer carry forward? That worked well last year and was rolled out to everyone by popular demand. Anything else? I'm sure you know better but I think every recent addition to the game has been a positive and there are no "bells and whistles" that I can think of that the game would be better without.

memories of meseeuw replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

I think 'ruined' is going a bit far, obviously standard players being able to access to a premium race isn't ideal and not something that was intended but as the game grows and improves things like this will happen.

What exactly would you class as bells and whistles? The premium membership? That's optional as are any races you don't fancy competing in. The transfer carry forward? That worked well last year and was rolled out to everyone by popular demand. Anything else? I'm sure you know better but I think every recent addition to the game has been a positive and there are no "bells and whistles" that I can think of that the game would be better without.

Site usability in the main. No where near as easy to use as last season.

Yes, the season will be ruined if the standard players Med Tour points stand as the leagues for standard players will now be meaningless as the playing field will no longer be level.

Which brings me to.....

Last season it was clear that the game was unfair for standard players because Premium players were allowed to carry transfers over. This was consistently touted as not being an advantage when clearly it was. But at least it was a level playing field for all standard players and we could compete against each other fairly and ignore premium players scores.

I think the rolling out of transfer carry overs to standard players this season is an admission that it was an unfair competition last season.

I have no problem with premium players having extra races, they'll welcome to them!  1 , and they can then compete against each other in their own league. But to have two sets of rules in the same game is always going to be a bit silly.

If this Med Tour mistake isn't rectified by taking the points away then the standard players' leagues are rendered meaningless and so yes, it will have ruined the season for me.

I've enjoyed playing the game as a standard player for a few seasons now and by and large the game has been brilliant (I've posted praise for it several times). Does seem to me now though that there's too much change for changes sake in a bid to make it all singing and all dancing and attract more revenue. If it ain't broke don't fix it would be my approach.

memories of meseeuw | 10 years ago
0 likes

Another glitch on a site with too many bells and whistles. Shame that a really good game has been ruined this season as a result of numerous glitches.

Latest Comments