Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

I might as well... (Tour of Qatar 14)

...ask this as it's going to get asked anyway...

When will the Tour of Qatar be open...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

33 comments

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

This starts the day after Dubai finishes so I have to remember to check in for last-minute changes - a lot of riders seem to be down to ride both at the moment but a crash in Dubai could mess things up a bit!

chiv30 | 10 years ago
0 likes

I'll be honest , since this race opened I've picked both std and purist but have swapped and changed so many times without confirming changes .....however as much as I'd love to go full out sprinters in both teams I know echelons can and likely will play havoc so I'm still not settled on a team  35

Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes

I'd imagine wind could well come into play, so worth thinking about that - more experienced riders who can get themselves in the right break, or the right spot on the echelon, will prosper.

That said, dromedaries or no, this is a pretty flat old tour. A punchy sprinter who can do short TTs well (perhaps somebody with a bit of history on the track?) could take the GC. An open field, though, and wouldn't be surprised to see someone pretty leftfield (thinking Gaudin, Fenn etc.) walking off with it.

Incidentally, if Phinney was competing, I reckon he'd win this in his sleep.

ray silvester replied to Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes
Ghedebrav wrote:

I'd imagine wind could well come into play, so worth thinking about that - more experienced riders who can get themselves in the right break, or the right spot on the echelon, will prosper.

That said, dromedaries or no, this is a pretty flat old tour. A punchy sprinter who can do short TTs well (perhaps somebody with a bit of history on the track?) could take the GC. An open field, though, and wouldn't be surprised to see someone pretty leftfield (thinking Gaudin, Fenn etc.) walking off with it.

Incidentally, if Phinney was competing, I reckon he'd win this in his sleep.

I'm thinking Viviani too

JAndrewHill | 10 years ago
0 likes

Well dont say I didnt warn you about the humps. Cant see a sprinter winning the GC.

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

Last years race was as flat as a pancake with Cav winning 4 stages. I cant see it being any problems to the sprinters at all although i haven't seen the profiles anywhere yet.

My team will be all sprinters with the odd ds in.

JAndrewHill | 10 years ago
0 likes

Well who should I pick for the TOQ?
The stage names suggest a very indulating profile.
You read camel track, and I think 'lots of humps',
But there are not many climbers in the startlists .
So I am thinking of building my squad around Riblon, Gilbert and Westra.
Any thoughts?

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Argh, Dave must have taken out a badge I put in, picking first and last home...

dave atkinson replied to Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Argh, Dave must have taken out a badge I put in, picking first and last home...

don't worry though, it's in tour of the med  3

jstreetley | 10 years ago
0 likes

Liking the 'Skinsuit' badge for picking a TT winner  1

ray silvester replied to jstreetley | 10 years ago
0 likes
jstreetley wrote:

Liking the 'Skinsuit' badge for picking a TT winner  1

should be a gimme in this race

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Wasn't me, twas the boss man

benji p replied to Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Wasn't me, twas the boss man

Hurray for Roadcc! Hurray for Dave! Hurray for Gkam! We still love you! Who doesn't love the bearer of good news?  4

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Cough Cough...........its open  3

0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

...its open...

Hurray for Gkam! Thanks for taking the time to do it so early! You're loved, you know it?  1

orli | 10 years ago
0 likes

Just read the news this morning:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/horner-signs-with-lampre-merida

In faux celebration, can I have the value for Chris Horner, please?  41

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

I shall give you those, because you were first to ask, the game will be open in a couple of days and I will not be giving out any more riders values before that.

Heinrich Haussler 20.6
Matteo Pelucchi 18.6
Martin Elmiger 17.1
Sebastien Hinault 5.5
Blaz Jarc 9.6
Daniel Schorn 10.3
Scott Thwaites 9.9
Sam Bennett 20.7
Zakkari Dempster 10.1
Enrico Battaglin 13.1
Marco Coledan 11.5
Lucas Sebastian Haedo 8.4
Alessandro Bazzana 16.8
Robert Forster 3

0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

I shall give you those, because you were first to ask...

I could hug you  4

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Right, every rider should now have a value, but they will not update until after the first stage of Qatar I think....

0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Right, every rider should now have a value, but they will not update until after the first stage of Qatar I think....

Thanks, G! I went to see if it had updated, but obviously not, since I can't see them, but, if you can, I'd like to know the value you can see, even if they change by game time, for the following riders:

Heinrich Haussler IAM
Matteo Pelucchi IAM
Martin Elmiger IAM
Sebastien Hinault IAM
Blaz Jarc TNE
Daniel Schorn TNE
Scott Thwaites TNE
Sam Bennett TNE
Zakkari Dempster TNE
Enrico Battaglin BAR
Marco Coledan BAR
Lucas Sebastian Haedo SDD
Alessandro Bazzana UHC
Robert Forster UHC

They're all penciled in to ride Qatar and I'm curious... thanks!

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Because they have not been involved in a race yet.

Let me try and remedy that, but the values won't be exact  3

benji p | 10 years ago
0 likes

Hi Gkam. Just out of curiousity, I was taking a look at the Current Rider Ranking on the FC 'Rankings' page and noticed that none of the riders for IAM cycling and Team NetApp - Endura seem to have a value.

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

The four of us who run the game are a very select group of "men"

But I am happy to take all the credit, because indeed, I AM THE MAN  24

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

I had the startlist set up weeks ago, there was no issue with that, it will be open on 31st if everything is ok at Dave's end

orli replied to Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

I had the startlist set up weeks ago, there was no issue with that, it will be open on 31st if everything is ok at Dave's end

You're the man! Way to go! Yippee!  1

orli | 10 years ago
0 likes

Looks like 8 man teams and it looks like the guys at ProCycling Stats seem to have all teams with 8 riders, just not all confirmed. Wow! That's pretty complete! Other than putting these riders in the race, what else would prevent Qatar from being open soon?  1

http://www.procyclingstats.com/race/Tour_of_Qatar_2014-Startlist

chiv30 replied to orli | 10 years ago
0 likes
orli wrote:

That's pretty complete! Other than putting these riders in the race, what else would prevent Qatar from being open soon?  1

A complete confirmed startlist possibly?

orli replied to chiv30 | 10 years ago
0 likes
orli wrote:

That's pretty complete! Other than putting these riders in the race, what else would prevent Qatar from being open soon?...

chiv30 wrote:

A complete confirmed startlist possibly?

That's never stopped them before. There's always changes made even after start lists are confirmed. You must have seen it many times. You've been around. You're not new to this! And it's pretty rare that a start list is filled out as completely as this one is. It's probably because most of these riders will be riding Dubai, Qatar and Oman, so why not put them in? ProCyclingStats is the bomb with these start lists! I'd say pile them in and let us start playing with rider combinations! I mean the changes to rider values due to the TDU have already been factored in, right? Anyways, I'm just anxious to start play again!  1

northstar | 10 years ago
0 likes

No rush, in your own time Gkam : )

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

I suppose I could go look at startlists to get it set up  3

Pages

Latest Comments