Home

briefly i was riding along then i was sliding on my face and shoulder.

I now have a hole in the shoulder of my three week old Castelli Isterico Gilet.  20

The top is still usable, and if it was a bit older i wouldn't care, but after three weeks!

Anyway, does anyone know what the repair options are, if there are?

6 comments

movingtarget [144 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

You might want to try contacting Castelli's warranty service. They're surprisingly generous. One guy accidentally cut a hole in his bib shorts trying to remove the tag & they just had him send them back to be covered by the warranty even though it was not a manufacturing flaw. (Here's the thread if you're interested http://forum.castelli-cycling.com/topic/lycra-repair). Worth a shot anyway. Hope this helps.

mrmo [2075 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

thanks, it is done, now to see what castelli can offer.

AWPeleton [3316 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Keep us updated mate, it will be good to know for the future should anyone else have the misfortune of damaging their gear.

BertYardbrush [54 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Had an argument with a stone wall last weekend. Got a hole almost the size of 5p in my new club jacket, Onimpex Gannex material. Went to the local haberdashery and asked for an iron-on patch. Times have moved on, you can now buy a self adhesive patch made from thin waterproof polyamide. It's Dutch, called Pronty and cost me £1.10.
Says on the pack "Nylon patch is waterproof. Especially for quick repair of sports, rain and leisurewear."
I stuck a circle on the inside and one on the outside. It's been through the wash and it's fine.

mrmo [2075 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes
stumps wrote:

Keep us updated mate, it will be good to know for the future should anyone else have the misfortune of damaging their gear.

If i hear anything will post.

Miles253 [198 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes
BertYardbrush wrote:

Had an argument with a stone wall last weekend. Got a hole almost the size of 5p in my new club jacket, Onimpex Gannex material. Went to the local haberdashery and asked for an iron-on patch. Times have moved on, you can now buy a self adhesive patch made from thin waterproof polyamide. It's Dutch, called Pronty and cost me £1.10.
Says on the pack "Nylon patch is waterproof. Especially for quick repair of sports, rain and leisurewear."
I stuck a circle on the inside and one on the outside. It's been through the wash and it's fine.

Lifesaver! I've got a hole in my sportful rain cape, do you know if the patches cone bigger than 5ps?