Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

2014 Badges

Ok so just getting my head around the new badge system.
For each competition there will be a selection of badges we can win for standard and purist separately, but you can only win one of each badge?
Will there be a season total anywhere? Or a way to look back at what you got?
I kind of liked trying to get the full selection throughout the year.
Thoughts?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

9 comments

robdaykin (not verified) | 10 years ago
0 likes

Ok I get it, with the 'fresh set' per competition, but as someone who was pleased last year to get some of the badges once in the whole season, can we please have a view where we can see all the badges and how many of each we've one over the whole year. Especially since I'm not sure what all the badges are yet, or which ones I've won at all.

thanks

enrique replied to robdaykin | 10 years ago
0 likes
robdaykin wrote:

... can we please have a view where we can see all the badges and how many of each we've one over the whole year...

Yeah, cool! I was just about to say it'd be nice to have the same array of badges you can see for each competition on the 'Home' page, where it would highlight the badges you've won throughout the season and upon scrollover show you how many times you've won it or the competitions you won it in. Nice idea!  1

Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes

I do like the new badges, so thumbs up on them.

That's not to say I don't wish that the 'Bookend' wasn't available in TDU, as I would've won it  20

But still, they're good and yes, those vast numbers of 'sprinter' badges did get a bit silly last year.

jova54 | 10 years ago
0 likes

First time I've done Premium so a quick question.

Can you only win one of each type of badge on each tour or can you win multiples?

The reason for asking is that I have scored 100+ points on two stages but only one 100 Stage Points badge has been awarded.

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

Yep, thanks for sorting that out. After reading your update its a good idea.

dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes

yes, a separate set of badges for each competition (and for your purist team)

they'll be a different set, too, depending on the competition

your running total will be displayed on your home screen, next to your running points total

yes, you'll be able to see what you won in archived comps

why has it changed? well, plenty of feedback from badges last year. the main issue was that after you've won the sprint badge for the fiftieth time it's kind of immaterial whether you win it again. this way they keep their relevance through the whole season because you get a fresh set to win with every competition.

backflipbedlem replied to dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:

yes, a separate set of badges for each competition (and for your purist team)

they'll be a different set, too, depending on the competition

your running total will be displayed on your home screen, next to your running points total

why has it changed? well, plenty of feedback from badges last year. the main issue was that after you've won the sprint badge for the fiftieth time it's kind of immaterial whether you win it again. this way they keep their relevance through the whole season because you get a fresh set to win with every competition.

Cool, cheers for clarifying Dave! Onwards and upwards!

Tingo replied to dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:

For the Tour Down Under in Archived Comps I can't see the badges that I won. I can see where it says 'badges' but there aren't any badge icons or a link as far as I can see.

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

Hang on, so the badges we win for the TDU will drop off when the next comp starts and we start from fresh.

I'm completely confused by this.

Latest Comments