Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Simple Bike Stand/Support for washing bike.

Hi

I'm looking for a simple bike stand to support my Carbon Fibre road bike when its being washed?

I hate resting the bike against the fence, wall, wheelie bin etc in case it slips and falls over so just want something to support the bike while I get on with the cleaning

I have looked on line at the Andystand, but I have a rotor crankset and the 'hole' in the hollow axle is too small  2 . Also looked at the od pod bike stand, but I am not sure that mechanism that supports the bottom bracket will be wide enough to cradle a wide BBright™ PF-30 set up?

Considering the Revolution storage bike stand (think Ribble do a similar thing) but open to suggestions.

Ideally would be great if the stand held the back wheel off the ground so I can 'tune' gears, lube chain etc but appreciate that may not be possible with a cheap, lightweight, portable type stand.

ta  1

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

Shades | 10 years ago
0 likes

I've got a Lifeline Spin Doctor stand which covers me for all the jobs I want to do. You'll wonder how you managed without one!

nellybuck@msn.com | 10 years ago
0 likes

If it's just for holding it upright, what about a Topeak Flashstand? Holds the bike with the rear off the ground and folds down nice and small when not in use.

notfastenough | 10 years ago
0 likes

+1 for the aldi stand, lidl get it in occasionally too. £30 and I'm well pleased with it.

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

I've got one from Aldi. Cheap as chips and just as good as a much more expensive one, only problem is though they dont sell them week in week out and you have to wait till they come on special offer.

Other than that i would recommend them to anyone.

VeloPeo replied to Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes
stumps wrote:

I've got one from Aldi. Cheap as chips and just as good as a much more expensive one, only problem is though they dont sell them week in week out and you have to wait till they come on special offer.

Other than that i would recommend them to anyone.

Sounds like you've got the one I bought from them - and I agree it's excellent. They sell them for £30 when they're in stock (once a year usually) but at other times you can get something identical from Amazon for a few £££ more

http://www.amazon.co.uk/BICYCLE-RELEASE-MECHANICS-MOUNTAIN-PROFESSIONAL/dp/B0080R1CBG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1389949677&sr=8-2&keywords=bike+stands

I've done a full bike build on mine and it was top notch

turboprannet | 10 years ago
0 likes

Have you considered a workstand from Park?

Fulfils the cleaning and maintenance side of things perfectly for me - Protect the carbon with a cloth if clamping it over the top tube, same if doing it by the seatpost and that's carbon too.

one of the handlebar holders is a worthwhile addon too - that way you can remove both wheels and clean it without the front flopping about everywhere.

Latest Comments