Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Campy tool question?

Got my new Campag Chorus 11's yesterday (very nice indeed)
I take it I will need to get a new tool to fit the ultra torque external BB cups ? and also the cassette lock ring..

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

mooseman | 15 years ago
0 likes

Hello matey, you can't hide...

(whisper it quietly) a Shimano external BB tool also fits the Campy cups, you may need the Campy allen key doodah (i used to ne a techie, honest) to tighten the cranks together tho. You will certainly need a Campy compatible lockring tool.

You'll be pleased to know I have the lot and will arrange delivery to your work thru the good mates mail network we have on request  3

adeyho replied to mooseman | 15 years ago
0 likes

In my mind I thought I should have a day out and bring you some cakes and Mrs mooseman some flowers and have a building party!! and let you practice being an engineer again!!

mooseman replied to adeyho | 15 years ago
0 likes

Seems like a cracking plan Grommit. Wrap it up, I'll take it (Pannetone of course  3 )

Vintage steel with modern Campy, I like it.

purplecup | 15 years ago
0 likes

you need the ultra torque bb cup tool. natch.  1
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/Cycle/7/Campagnolo_Ultra_Torque_BB_Cup_Tool/53...

not sure about the lockring? doesn't look like a splined one and it says '11 speed only on it', but i can't see a special tool for it anywhere...

Latest Comments