So (I don't know if this is normal or awkward but...) I've been cycling MTB and road for over a year now and I'm considering shaving my legs for the simple reason (not that it is more areo - which I'm sure it doesn't make any difference) that it looks pro!
First question, why do cyclists actually shave their legs? I mean the aerodynamic improvements can't be that big.
And moving on to the more tricky stuff... How do you actually do it?!
With only being 16, I've never actually wet shaved my face (used an electric razor instead) so the thought of taking a series of blades to my legs is a terrifying prospect!
A few complications which have presented themselves having given thought to this issue include:
1) How far up the legs do you go?
2) what kind of razor do you need?
3) how often to you need to re-shave?
4) on the first time of shaving, how do you remove the fluffy hair without clogging up the razor?
5) how long does it take to shave them?
6) how do you reach the backs of the thighs? Surely that requires a lot of contortion!
7) you probably do not have this problem but how can I convince my mum to buy a razor with blades and let me shave my legs? She panicked when my brother started wet shaving saying its pointless and he'd only cut him self?!
Thanks in advance for answering even though I'm possibly being a bit OTT with this issue.