Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Haet rate training

Hi,

i need to increase my fitness levels and am looking at using my rollers and am intersted in training using heart rate zones, does anyone have any training regimes that i can follow for this ?

cheers

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

Dostle | 10 years ago
0 likes

Thanks gents

arfa | 10 years ago
0 likes
ajmarshal1 | 10 years ago
0 likes

First of all, you need to find your Lactate Threshold Heart Rate. Which can be done by warming up for 10 minutes and then riding as hard as you can sustain for 20 minutes and calculating your mean heartrate from the 20 minute effort.

Without that your zones will be wildly innacurate. The old tables of heartrates are useless as there is a massive difference from person to person. For instance I have a resting heart rate of 35, my LTHR is 155 and max is 182. Another member of my team has a resting heart rate in the 60s and an LTHR of 190.

Everybody is different. Do the test, workout your zones using the million calculators on the internet then search for workouts. There are loads of free ones but if you want to take it up a level look at trainer road and The Sufferfest.

Using those two have improved my fitness hugely in the last 12 months.

Latest Comments