Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

Gentleman's Winter Warmer

on our tuesday evening run tonight at the half way point, (for snacks/pee stop etc) the subject of keeping ones undercarriage warm whilst on a bike during the colder months came up (no pun intended). Several suggestions including vaseline and embrocation mix, or a sock.

and i was wondering weather in the world of cycling if there has ever been such a cycling specific product, or is that a gap in the market that maybe Rapha could fill with a merino 'gentleman's winter warmer', so to speak.

hmmmm (discuss, or not)

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

12 comments

demoff | 14 years ago
0 likes

Do you not think that Happy Lance on the bunny looks like Corri's Tony Gordon.

Fringe replied to demoff | 14 years ago
0 likes
mikem1967 wrote:

Do you not think that Happy Lance on the bunny looks like Corri's Tony Gordon.

no idea dont watch t.v.  4

but i reckon those lance GWW's will sell like hotcakes if i could just drum up some cash from somewhere.

Jon Burrage | 14 years ago
0 likes

erm...lovely  31

If we stick the assos log on it we could sell them for £100+?

vtwenty3 | 14 years ago
0 likes

Voila!

Jon Burrage | 14 years ago
0 likes

Dave, did I hear you on classy local radio station 'ujima fm' here in bristol a few weeks back? With words like that you could well be the breakfast presenter, he was discussing testicular cancer and issues such and he just couldnt say the word, the closest he got was testoasticles.

cactuscat | 14 years ago
0 likes

or maybe in the style of the road.cc kittens  1

vtwenty3 | 14 years ago
0 likes

Perhaps in merino & a more simplistic design.

Fringe replied to vtwenty3 | 14 years ago
0 likes
vtwenty3 wrote:

Perhaps in merino & a more simplistic design.

nice!.. (maybe we could stick Lances Armstrongs mug shot on the rabbit, just for that bit of extra 'cyclist' kudos)

demoff | 14 years ago
0 likes

Could you not modify a 'merkin' would be nice and warm.

thehairs1970 | 14 years ago
0 likes

I have the same problem. Perhaps we can find a solution and corner the market. Do balls have corners? Stop gap could be to use one of those gel handwarmers.  7

dave atkinson | 14 years ago
0 likes

Not sure there's a specific product out there. if you do design one, i've trademarked the name 'toasticles'  4

DaSy | 14 years ago
0 likes

I have a kind of perverse enjoyment in the winter, when returning home from a long ride. I peel off my softshell, tights, baselayer, shorts etc, and as I make my way to the warm bath I have to show off my complete lack of tackle to the missus. It just seems to have all managed to climb back inside for warmth.

She is always horrified, which amuses me at least...

Latest Comments