Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

The road.cc “Attaining A Higher State of Consciousness” Challenge 2014

A different slant to the usual annual challenges and something more rounded and all-encompassing.

The game this year is to become a better, more experienced cyclist by trying one new thing each month. Be that attempting a distance you’ve never managed before, a bike related activity that has passed you by or a cycling skill that you have yet to master.

It can be as simple as learning to wheelie, entering your first race or even riding a different type of bike, maybe completing your first proper century, or 200kms, something as grand as crossing a mountain range or as simple as riding to the top of that hill in one go. It could be your first night ride, or ride through the night. Possibly something mechanical from learning how to change a gear-cable through to building your first wheel, anything that tests you.

The size of the endeavour isn’t significant, whilst some might seem grander than others that isn’t the point, they’re all equally important personally. So anything goes, something that you’ve never done before, something that makes you step out of your comfort zone, twelve things that will make you a better, more complete, more experienced cyclist after 12 months.

No prizes or sew-on patches for this one, just the knowledge that by the end of the year you’ll have experienced a whole load of new things and progressed a bit.

Go.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

33 comments

behemothprocycling | 9 years ago
0 likes

I'm just glad I've managed to finally get out on the road.
So far I've totalled nearly 50 km in four rides, got some aches and pains and a bit wet but really enjoyed it.

Plan for the winter is just to get used to riding again, so once the new year comes i will try and step it up and do some proper training so I can have a go at some local time trials.
In the dim and distant past I could do a 29 minute '10' on a mountain bike so hopefully I can improve on that!

Sven Van Anders | 8 years ago
0 likes

All god stuff, but you attached the wrong version of the record, completely wrong; a bit like 4" of spacers above your stem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldfc68bxlB8

Leviathan | 8 years ago
0 likes

Isn't it about time to unpin this one and let it disappear? Maybe come up with some other challange?

Pages

Latest Comments