Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

New Team Sky kit - would you wear it?

So, seen the new see-through Team Sky kit? Here it is expertly modelled by Mr Froome: http://bit.ly/1drpxcs

Wiggo has been harder to track down wearing it, here he is in training though (scroll to bottom): http://bit.ly/1lCCfpO

Would you wear it or any kind of semi-transparent kit for that matter?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

71 comments

mooleur replied to Al__S | 10 years ago
0 likes
Al__S wrote:

"come at me bro" is a praticularly american invitation to fight.

Usually used now in jest, mainly by Brits & Europeans in a sarcastic manner as if to mimic Americans... its just a popular pisstake of modern slang.

I have to stick up for the guy who made that comment as I see folks are calling him out for being "ill tempered"... which is really not necessary!

mcvittees73 | 10 years ago
0 likes

When i saw that pic i think a bit of sick came up in my throat. I pray they don't really intend to rind in that.  17

Cyclist | 10 years ago
0 likes

Yep... Rather be cool than sweating my nads off...just not in team sky livery. Some castelli bibs and jersey combos are not far short of that.

joemmo | 10 years ago
0 likes

whilst my hairy arse and torso would no doubt look fabulous in this, I wonder if they should do a modesty version for the regular punter that just has an image of Froome's, Wiggin's etc. athletic body parts screen printed where the mesh bits would be.
That way, no unseemly shaving would be required for the maximum pro effect

glynr36 | 10 years ago
0 likes

The shift at British Cycling was off the back off lottery money, not sky money.
The current crop of medal winners went through the junior systems and the academy years, back. Take a read of Rod Ellingworths Project Rainbow, sky only got involved in cycling around 2009/10.

kev77 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Nah, not my bag either!

Shades | 10 years ago
0 likes

Looks like some sort of Ann Summers role play kit. Lets play cyclists and....(?)!

farrell replied to Shades | 10 years ago
0 likes
Shades wrote:

Looks like some sort of Ann Summers role play kit. Lets play cyclists and....(?)!

A Right Said Fred tribute act?

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

Well if the masses can run along side the riders wearing flouro mankini's why cant the riders do the same ???

Flying Scot | 10 years ago
0 likes

I have a 5 XL on order

dunnoh | 10 years ago
0 likes

I have a Bianchi. Its lovely. I would have a Pinarello bike as well. I'm tempted to buy full Sky kit as well, hopefully it will provoke some reaction from the utter miseries riding in the Peak District / Cheshire Plains today.

Kapelmuur replied to dunnoh | 10 years ago
0 likes
dunnoh wrote:

I have a Bianchi. Its lovely. I would have a Pinarello bike as well. I'm tempted to buy full Sky kit as well, hopefully it will provoke some reaction from the utter miseries riding in the Peak District / Cheshire Plains today.

Thing is, some of the Sky clad riders in that area will actually be Sky/British Cycle squad riders based in Manchester, I see plenty of them in the Knutsford area at this time of year.

It always amuses me when I get blanked by some club hack while on the same ride I'll get a cheery greeting from an Olympic gold medalist.

andyp | 10 years ago
0 likes

I don't ride for the team, so no, I won't be wearing the kit.

ajmarshal1 replied to andyp | 10 years ago
0 likes
andyp wrote:

Ah, the good old Velominazi.

I've got a green jersey and I'm shit at sprinting. Come at me bro.

700c replied to ajmarshal1 | 10 years ago
0 likes
ajmarshal1 wrote:
andyp wrote:

Ha ha, love it!

Have seen previous 'Sky kit' threads descend into snobbery but fortunately most just say 'wear what you want'

PS the whole anti-corporate thing is a bit naive and blinkered especially if you're a proud Brit who has enjoyed our Olympic cycling success....

Stumps replied to 700c | 10 years ago
0 likes
700c wrote:
ajmarshal1 wrote:
andyp wrote:

Ha ha, love it!

Have seen previous 'Sky kit' threads descend into snobbery but fortunately most just say 'wear what you want'

PS the whole anti-corporate thing is a bit naive and blinkered especially if you're a proud Brit who has enjoyed our Olympic cycling success....

Exactly the point, without the Sky money where would British cycling be at the mo ?

andyp replied to ajmarshal1 | 10 years ago
0 likes
ajmarshal1 wrote:
andyp wrote:

What does this even mean?

Stumps replied to andyp | 10 years ago
0 likes
andyp wrote:
ajmarshal1 wrote:
andyp wrote:

What does this even mean?

I think he meant that you dont have to be a pro cyclist to wear pro team gear - aka he has a green sprinters jersey but cant sprint - well i think thats what he meant, i'm getting myself confused with the "come at me bro" comment though  7

Leviathan | 10 years ago
0 likes

If I am the first to say 'Yes' can I have one free? Of course I would not buy one if it was even available due to the corporate associations, but I do support the team. I wouldn't be put off by a bit of mesh. If I was wearing this I really would be riding as fast as I could. It would get me noticed at a timetrial, especially poring my 90kg into it. If I am brave enough to wear it, you damn well better look at my arse.

Remember some of Cipollini's skinsuits? Are you bold enough to wear this?
http://muscleskinsuit.com/home/2-muscle-skin-suit-short.html

dunnoh | 10 years ago
0 likes

If someone said a few years ago that I would be wearing top to toe lycra I would have laughed. So I would never say never, if it stops cars trying to kill me then I'm all for it

northstar replied to dunnoh | 10 years ago
0 likes
dunnoh wrote:

If someone said a few years ago that I would be wearing top to toe lycra I would have laughed. So I would never say never, if it stops cars trying to kill me then I'm all for it

guns don't kill people...

ade | 10 years ago
0 likes

I laughed at this comment by Shane Stokes on twitter:
"Garmin Sharp kit: protecting necessary bears. Sky TT kit: protecting bare necessities"

sm | 10 years ago
0 likes

I just hope my girlfriend likes her next birthday present.  4

allez neg | 10 years ago
0 likes

Down with this sort of thing

pants | 10 years ago
0 likes

I wonder if this would put an end to people on bianchis cycling around in their team sky kit.

Colin Peyresourde replied to pants | 10 years ago
0 likes
pants wrote:

I wonder if this would put an end to people on bianchis cycling around in their team sky kit.

Do you mean Pinarello's?

Jack Osbourne snr replied to pants | 10 years ago
0 likes
pants wrote:

Nowt wrong with a Bianchi. Especially my Bianchi (b.1988).

I have a couple of bits of team kit, but it's all stuff bought on holiday eg bike shop logo'd jerseys from Italy or a Bouygues tel/ Vendee bought in the Vendee. Is that okay?

Surely they won't release that particular Sky outfit to the flabby masses though? The consequences don't bear thinking about.  31

wwfcb | 10 years ago
0 likes

Very much doubt the kit that Froomey is wearing in the twitter picture will be available to buy.

mooleur replied to wwfcb | 10 years ago
0 likes
wwfcb wrote:

Very much doubt the kit that Froomey is wearing in the twitter picture will be available to buy.

There will be replicas, there always is! You can already get the mesh undergarments.

notfastenough replied to mooleur | 10 years ago
0 likes
mooleur wrote:
wwfcb wrote:

There will be replicas, there always is! You can already get the mesh undergarments.

Not so sure about this one, given that it's the skinsuit that Chris is wearing in the pic.

It did occur to me that Sky may have found a way to put off fans from wearing pro kit... I sure wouldn't wear it.

Pages

Latest Comments