Home

So, seen the new see-through Team Sky kit? Here it is expertly modelled by Mr Froome: http://bit.ly/1drpxcs

Wiggo has been harder to track down wearing it, here he is in training though (scroll to bottom): http://bit.ly/1lCCfpO

Would you wear it or any kind of semi-transparent kit for that matter?

71 comments

Markcw [13 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

No, and no!!!!

NickK123 [93 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Wot he said (above)!

ragtimecyclist [158 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

ragtimecyclist [158 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Me too, put me down for a no! The odd see through panel here and there at a push, but more see through than not..? Noooo.

For me the real issue is not wanting to be a moving billboard for a hugely powerful corporation who's behaviour is questionable at best. What do you think Murdoch would think if he saw a group of Sky clad cyclists out on their Sunday morning club run...?

He'd have a pretty smug grin that's for sure.

allez neg [496 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Only if it was see-thru arsecheek panels.

(The twitter link thing didn't load so for all I know, it might be)

GoingRoundInCycles [133 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

New Team Sky kit - would you wear it?

No!

Strathlubnaig [113 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

New kit ? Would not wear the old one let alone this effort. No doubt there will be plenty on show at the next sportive though, 'scuse the pun.

MartyMcCann [254 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

I was looking forward to the Giro TTT in Belfast in May -until I saw the pic of Froome modelling the skinsuit. Puts a whole new perspective to seeing the pros in the flesh...

0 likes

I've just seen pics. Oh my eyes.

The Rapha cc is just round the corner from Old Compton Street. Coincidence? I think not.

mooleur [537 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

....just wait 'til it begins... when the team kit MAMILS buy in....

The end is nigh. D:

wwfcb [83 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Very much doubt the kit that Froomey is wearing in the twitter picture will be available to buy.

pants [238 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

I wonder if this would put an end to people on bianchis cycling around in their team sky kit.

Colin Peyresourde [1780 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes
pants wrote:

I wonder if this would put an end to people on bianchis cycling around in their team sky kit.

Do you mean Pinarello's?

jollygoodvelo [1586 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Seriously though, if a women's team brought out a kit that was basically fishnet and a few strategically placed patches, we'd all be saying it was exploitative and terrible and it shouldn't be allowed, think of the children, heavens to betsy. Why are the men allowed to race in clingfilm and excuses?

0 likes

Down with this sort of thing

mooleur [537 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes
wwfcb wrote:

Very much doubt the kit that Froomey is wearing in the twitter picture will be available to buy.

There will be replicas, there always is! You can already get the mesh undergarments.

sm [395 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

I just hope my girlfriend likes her next birthday present.  4

notfastenough [3716 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes
mooleur wrote:
wwfcb wrote:

There will be replicas, there always is! You can already get the mesh undergarments.

Not so sure about this one, given that it's the skinsuit that Chris is wearing in the pic.

It did occur to me that Sky may have found a way to put off fans from wearing pro kit... I sure wouldn't wear it.

ade [74 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

I laughed at this comment by Shane Stokes on twitter:
"Garmin Sharp kit: protecting necessary bears. Sky TT kit: protecting bare necessities"

dunnoh [205 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

If someone said a few years ago that I would be wearing top to toe lycra I would have laughed. So I would never say never, if it stops cars trying to kill me then I'm all for it

Leviathan [2403 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

If I am the first to say 'Yes' can I have one free? Of course I would not buy one if it was even available due to the corporate associations, but I do support the team. I wouldn't be put off by a bit of mesh. If I was wearing this I really would be riding as fast as I could. It would get me noticed at a timetrial, especially poring my 90kg into it. If I am brave enough to wear it, you damn well better look at my arse.

Remember some of Cipollini's skinsuits? Are you bold enough to wear this?
http://muscleskinsuit.com/home/2-muscle-skin-suit-short.html

andyp [1473 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

I don't ride for the team, so no, I won't be wearing the kit.

Jack Osbourne snr [582 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes
pants wrote:

Nowt wrong with a Bianchi. Especially my Bianchi (b.1988).

I have a couple of bits of team kit, but it's all stuff bought on holiday eg bike shop logo'd jerseys from Italy or a Bouygues tel/ Vendee bought in the Vendee. Is that okay?

Surely they won't release that particular Sky outfit to the flabby masses though? The consequences don't bear thinking about.  31

dunnoh [205 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

I have a Bianchi. Its lovely. I would have a Pinarello bike as well. I'm tempted to buy full Sky kit as well, hopefully it will provoke some reaction from the utter miseries riding in the Peak District / Cheshire Plains today.

Flying Scot [920 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

I have a 5 XL on order

Kapelmuur [356 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes
dunnoh wrote:

I have a Bianchi. Its lovely. I would have a Pinarello bike as well. I'm tempted to buy full Sky kit as well, hopefully it will provoke some reaction from the utter miseries riding in the Peak District / Cheshire Plains today.

Thing is, some of the Sky clad riders in that area will actually be Sky/British Cycle squad riders based in Manchester, I see plenty of them in the Knutsford area at this time of year.

It always amuses me when I get blanked by some club hack while on the same ride I'll get a cheery greeting from an Olympic gold medalist.

Stumps [3440 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Well if the masses can run along side the riders wearing flouro mankini's why cant the riders do the same ???

Shades [320 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Looks like some sort of Ann Summers role play kit. Lets play cyclists and....(?)!

ajmarshal1 [417 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes
andyp wrote:

I don't ride for the team, so no, I won't be wearing the kit.

Ah, the good old Velominazi.

I've got a green jersey and I'm shit at sprinting. Come at me bro.

farrell [1946 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes
Shades wrote:

Looks like some sort of Ann Summers role play kit. Lets play cyclists and....(?)!

A Right Said Fred tribute act?

Pages