Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Sub 800 frameset

I wanted some advice on a frame under 800 pounds. I'm looking for a frameset which can be raced on, preferably internal cableing I was looking at the Planet X N2a and the aoy canyon any suggestions welcome thanks

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

jamtartman | 10 years ago
0 likes

The CAAD10 frameste is exactly 800
http://qwertycycles.co.uk/collections/caad/products/cannondale-2014-caad...
Its also lighter than the Planet X carbon thingy.

DrJDog | 10 years ago
0 likes

CAAD10? not sure if it has internal cabling, and whether you can buy the frameset on its own. I've just built a 61cm CAAD8 from the very cheapest model (£420) with OK-ish kit and it is 8.1kg. I think the CAAD10 is naturally much racier, and a good 3-400g lighter. And it gets great reviews.

actually, maybe too expensive, since it doesn't come frame only. Just under £1k for the 105 version..

bendertherobot | 10 years ago
0 likes

Condor accaiao

notfastenough | 10 years ago
0 likes

The new Kinesis Aithein sounds tailor-made for you. Alloy crit racer, don't be fooled by the material though, a clubmate has built it up using full ultegra (so not exotic super-light kit or anything), the bike weighs 6.9kgs, and the frameset only costs £650!

Manchestercyclist | 10 years ago
0 likes

Kinesis gran fondo. It's light, comes with seatpost and headset too. Can take mudguards and rack if you wanted, and you're unlikely to see anyone else riding it.

What kind od bike are you building?

I've only got the one so it's got to bea commuter, tourer and for club runs and audax too. It does all of these and all I do is swap in a pair of lighter wheels for the club runs.

Owen Rogers | 10 years ago
0 likes

Canyon Ultimate AL. Brilliant bike.

Latest Comments