Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Kevlar repair?

I managed to put a substantial tear in the Kevlar reinforced sole of a Gore overshoe in a fall earlier this year.

Does anyone have any experience of repairing this type of material or do I need to go down the gaffer tape route?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

FMOAB | 10 years ago
0 likes

Thanks, every day's a school day, never heard of either Shoe Goo or Dacron tape before, but sounds like the two combined may do the job better than I hoped. I did try Scottish Mountain Gear, but they reckoned they couldn't do it.

therevokid | 10 years ago
0 likes

gore bike wear suggest this lot http://www.scottishmountaingear.com/repair-service/gore-tex for repairs - not tried them myself though ....

joemmo | 10 years ago
0 likes

Best to use a backing material if repairing a tear or ideally put some fabric on both sides. Dacron repair tape is pretty good stuff but you should use a flexible waterproof sealant with it like a urethane glue. Camping and sailing shops are good sources of this kind of stuff.

FMOAB | 10 years ago
0 likes

Never heard of Shoe Goo before, but I've just googled it and it looks as though it may be just the business, cheers.

monty dog | 10 years ago
0 likes

Shoe Goo? Comes in black too.

Latest Comments