Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

What wheels ?

Hi folks, new to the group but not to the page, anyhow !
I'm contemplating updating my Madone 5.2 shod with Spinergy PBO's which I love with a new Madone 7 but can't decide on the wheels..
I know I'm pushing the boat out with the bike & that I need to get good wheels to match the frame etc but I really like the look of the Bontrager Aeolus D3 clinchers but wonder if there's anything as good or better for the money as I'm really stretching the budget.
Thoughts & suggestions please  105

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

go4sporting | 10 years ago
0 likes

you can see it go4sporting,and you can Unexpected surprises

Teamsagamaster | 10 years ago
0 likes

Yea, the whole carbon rims/ braking issue does concern me a little, probably as I'm so used to the braking performance of aluminium rims.
Those that use carbon do seem to get used to the different nature of braking on carbon rims but......  7

Lost faith in t... | 10 years ago
0 likes

if it was me personally id be looking at the auras simply because the braking surface, and the wheels can be easily repaired at a bike shop and or treks wheel centre.

Ive never been a fan of carbon rims and cork pads in our weather

Lost faith in t... | 10 years ago
0 likes

if it was me personally id go for the aeolus wheels, they are pretty sweet!, id also consider the aura wheelset from bontrager as well!

Teamsagamaster replied to Lost faith in the brand | 10 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for the reply, the Aeolus are cool looking wheels.
I had a look at the Aura's too & they have the advantage of aluminium braking surface which is great but offset with the weight penalty !
Decision decisions...  39

Latest Comments