Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Will Shimano 105 calipers fit around my mudguards?

I've got short arm Tektro Mini V brakes on my commuter and the front one in particular is a real pain to keep adjusting so that it actually stops me and doesn't squeal. I've got Shimano 105 levers and i am thinking of fitting a 105 caliper to the front. However, i've got mudguards on. They're pretty low profile but i'm worried that they might foul the caliper.
Does anyone know what the clearance is like with these brakes?
Cheers.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

dave atkinson | 14 years ago
0 likes

yeah, some, although they're not that common. didn't really consider that to be honest, just assumed that fitting either was an option  26

cat1commuter | 14 years ago
0 likes

So there are forks out there with fittings for both V-brakes and calliper brakes?

dave atkinson | 14 years ago
0 likes

that's very much a 'depends' - without seeing the bike it's hard to say, and there's the drop to the rim as well as the clearance around the guard to consider. Suck it and see, I say: unscrew the mini vs but keep the cable plugged in, ziptie or tape them to the bars and then try fitting the callipers. If they fit then you can re-cable, you can always file away a bit of the guard if the drop to the rim is okay. If they don't it's just a case of screwing the Vs back in, and looking for some long-drops...

Latest Comments