Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

tdu

When can I start picking my squad for the tdu?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

66 comments

enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes

This is the part I like. Comparing actual scores to potentially perfect scores in the game. The Competition winner was Nodes who scored 1050 points. Congratulations, bud! Nice play!

The best Purist team in the competition was Blaireaux d'Attaque VC (vernthemerciless) whose team scored 909 points.

But what would have been the perfect score as a Purist? Well, here's my stab at the best Purist Team possible:

19.3 Simon Gerrans 252
16.1 Diego Ulissi 184
26.4 Cadel Evans 169
7.4 Nathan Haas 137
17.2 Robert Gesink 107
15.4 Adam Hansen 97
21.1 Daryl Impey 92
9.1 William Clarke 75
7.2 Carlos Verona 34

It would have come in at 139.2 credits and scored 1147 points. This is weird, I think this is the first time a Purist team would have been able to beat all the actually entered Standard teams, if the perfect one had been chosen! But that would have been practically impossible, wouldn't it?

Nodes replied to enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes

Thanks!

It was a close call in the end with Kittel not taking any points on Stage 6 but it worked out OK in the end.

chiv30 | 10 years ago
0 likes

No and yes possibly?

JAndrewHill | 10 years ago
0 likes

Well, is anyone else going for a Slovenian in their squad?

And will Trek do any better this year?

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Its a team bonus, riders in the winners team get 5, the winner does not. They also HAVE to finish the stage/race to get those points.

The same as break away points in one day races. They can be out in the break all day, get the break away bonus, if they do not cross the finish line, they do not score anything

Nix replied to Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for prompt response and clarification Gkam84. I thought it would be the case that the winner would not get the 5 points as well. But when your scoring info said "5 points to **every** participating rider in the winning rider's team" I was uncertain.

Nix | 10 years ago
0 likes

Another scoring clarification:

For winning stage team - Does the stage winner get an extra 5 points for being in the winning team, or is it only 5 points for each of the 6 other riders in his team? Assuming a 7 man team.

The scoring info suggests the winner also gets 5 extra points. Although this is inconsistent with other scoring - for example the winner doesn't get KOM or Sprint points at the finish of a stage.

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Stage races have intermediate sprints and mountain points available at various points through each stage and points for those are awarded to riders.

Breakaway points, points which are awarded to riders 'just' for being in the breakaway, are only applicable to the classics where these other points for sprints and climbs are not awarded.

Riders in a break in the TDU will get points for passing through intermediate sprint and climb points but won't get additional points on top of that.

Nix replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for response. OK if that is the situation.

But if you have a firm rule like "no breakaway points in stage races where there are sprint and KOM competitions", then I think it would be better to write that into your How To Play section instead of leaving it vague. It would remove confusion for new players (and stop you having to answer their questions).

drheaton replied to Nix | 10 years ago
0 likes
Nix wrote:

Thanks for response. OK if that is the situation.

But if you have a firm rule like "no breakaway points in stage races where there are sprint and KOM competitions", then I think it would be better to write that into your How To Play section instead of leaving it vague. It would remove confusion for new players (and stop you having to answer their questions).

Fair point, I've just read through that page and I agree, it could be clearer the different points apply to different types of race however when you go into the game there is a 'scoring information' link below each page which outlines exactly what is awarded for each stage.

Nix | 10 years ago
0 likes

What about points for Breakaways?

None of the TDU stages mention points for being in breakaway. But your How to Play still has breakaway points in its range of options for 2014. Breakaway points is the only option excluded for TDU.

So is this a mistake, or have Breakaway points been deliberately excluded from TDU scoring?

If excluded, I am disappointed. One of the reasons I picked this game over other fantasy options was because it had more points for things other than the individual riders' stage finish order. It is also more realistic for "tour managers" - getting our riders into breakaways is an objective for teams.

So could someone confirm that there are no breakaway points for TDU. Can I appeal to anyone and try to get them included?

Nickbirtwistle replied to Nix | 10 years ago
0 likes
Nix wrote:

What about points for Breakaways?

None of the TDU stages mention points for being in breakaway. But your How to Play still has breakaway points in its range of options for 2014. Breakaway points is the only option excluded for TDU.

So is this a mistake, or have Breakaway points been deliberately excluded from TDU scoring?

If excluded, I am disappointed. One of the reasons I picked this game over other fantasy options was because it had more points for things other than the individual riders' stage finish order. It is also more realistic for "tour managers" - getting our riders into breakaways is an objective for teams.

So could someone confirm that there are no breakaway points for TDU. Can I appeal to anyone and try to get them included?

you could always pick a different fantasy game to play... just a thought  3

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes
Gizmo_ wrote:

Might be missing something, but any reason why the TDU prologue on Sunday isn't included?

It's a separate event, like a crit rather than an actual traditional prologue.

This is from the official website:

Quote:

The People's Choice Classic is a fast-paced closed circuit road race held as a preview to the Santos Tour Down Under.

jollygoodvelo replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:
Gizmo_ wrote:

Might be missing something, but any reason why the TDU prologue on Sunday isn't included?

It's a separate event, like a crit rather than an actual traditional prologue.

This is from the official website:

Quote:

The People's Choice Classic is a fast-paced closed circuit road race held as a preview to the Santos Tour Down Under.

Ah, I see. Ta  4

jollygoodvelo | 10 years ago
0 likes

Nix | 10 years ago
0 likes

I found the lockout time .. 0:30, Tuesday 21st.

If this is London time, and London is 10.5 hours behind South Australian time, then it would be 11:00am in SA. Which is the exact start time of Stage 1.

Is this correct - the lockout time is at the exact start of the race, so we can swap right up to the starter's gun?

TERatcliffe26 replied to Nix | 10 years ago
0 likes
Nix wrote:

I found the lockout time .. 0:30, Tuesday 21st.

If this is London time, and London is 10.5 hours behind South Australian time, then it would be 11:00am in SA. Which is the exact start time of Stage 1.

Is this correct - the lockout time is at the exact start of the race, so we can swap right up to the starter's gun?

Yup, that is pretty much the case when we know the exact start times

Nix replied to TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for response.

Trading has really opened up for this ... 2 per day and you can bank them. Also still buy any more you need for 10 points.

enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes

I think Andy Schleck is showing for the TDU when it should be Frank...

Nix | 10 years ago
0 likes

Thanks Dave and now the fun begins...

I've set up a private league, and sent the number to people. Do I still have to approve them joining, or is them having the number enough?

If I have to approve everyone who joins, it might be easier to make the league public. Is there a way to edit the league to make it public?

Also I saw the lockout time somewhere .. I think it was early Tues 21/1. Could you please say exactly what timezone that is.

enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes

I guess there's a few riders still to be added to the TDU game roster like:

Rick Zabel BMC Racing Team
Matej Mohoric Cannondale
Alberto Bettiol Cannondale
Darren Lapthorne Drapac Cycling
Julian Alaphilippe Omega Pharma - Quick-Step
Michael Valgren Team Tinkoff-Saxo
Michael Kolar Team Tinkoff-Saxo
Jack Haig UniSA - Australia
Caleb Ewan UniSA - Australia
Campbell Flakemore UniSA - Australia

dave atkinson replied to enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:

Matej Mohoric Cannondale

they're selected, but not showing. i'll investigate

enrique replied to dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:

Matej Mohoric Cannondale

Dave Atkinson wrote:

they're selected, but not showing. i'll investigate

Thanks, Dave. I checked against this page:

http://fantasy.road.cc/riders

Mighty useful page. Any chance you might be able to update it to include the rider values there, too? I know you're a busy man, so thanks!  1

Nix wrote:

I've set up a private league, and sent the number to people. Do I still have to approve them joining, or is them having the number enough?

You still have to approve them if I'm not mistaken...

chiv30 | 10 years ago
0 likes

site is open and up and running with both my purist and std teams picked (probably chop and change over the next week though  7

Nix | 10 years ago
0 likes

So it's Monday 13th January, approaching 3:30pm in Australia, but only 4:30am in UK I think.

Do we still think game site will open today? If so at approx what time during the day.

I am not trying to push things if site is not ready. It's just I've told a few people game should open today, and I want to let them know if that is not going to be the case.

Thanks

Nix | 10 years ago
0 likes

If I start a league for TDU, I presume I will get some sort of league code. Then I send this code to my mates with the game link asking them to join.

With this comp, is there a way to access a league page to see if they are joining up?

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

900-1000 is in the ball park, I can't remember off hand, but you'll see when it opens up  4

Nix | 10 years ago
0 likes

Could someone please give me an indication about how many points a "manager" needs to get to win the TDU comp - based on past experience.

There is a winners' thread - but it doesn't have scores listed for TDU winners. Stage winning managers do have their scores listed for later comps but not TDU. Also I can't just add the stages together because the same manager doesn't win every stage.

My guess is about 900 points will get a Fantasy Manager up with the leaders for TDU overall. Is this close?

drheaton replied to Nix | 10 years ago
0 likes
Nix wrote:

Could someone please give me an indication about how many points a "manager" needs to get to win the TDU comp - based on past experience.

There is a winners' thread - but it doesn't have scores listed for TDU winners. Stage winning managers do have their scores listed for later comps but not TDU. Also I can't just add the stages together because the same manager doesn't win every stage.

My guess is about 900 points will get a Fantasy Manager up with the leaders for TDU overall. Is this close?

While the fantasy site is down it's hard to get any figures, you'll probably be able to pull off an approximation of the winners score once the site goes live next week.

Re the score needed to win, it really depends on the route and the startlist.

I think this years route is hillier than previous years which means there's likely to be more points scored (mountain stages always score higher than flat stages thanks to KoM points and the fact that stage winners generally also score GC points) so it could be that this year's race will take more points to win it that last years. On the other hand there's only one summit finish that I can see (stage 5) so it may score about the same as last year.

There's no way of knowing but generally, if you aim for a stage average of between 150 and 180 points you're going to be doing fairly well. For a six stage race you're looking at needing anywhere between 900 and 1100 points to win it but it all depends on how the race plays out.

enrique replied to Nix | 10 years ago
0 likes
Nix wrote:

... My guess is about 900 points will get a Fantasy Manager up with the leaders for TDU overall. Is this close?

I think that's a pretty good guess. If you had had the perfect Purist team, meaning you somehow managed to choose the Top 9 scoring riders and made no changes to your roster, you could have scored 1081 points, if I'm not mistaken, so you must be pretty close to the actual figure,

http://road.cc/sites/default/files/TDU%202013%20Top%20Scorers.jpg

enrique wrote:

... 166 hours and 30 minutes to go...

58 hours and 15 minutes to go...  36

Pages

Latest Comments