Home

Just reading the Stella 120 review, certainly head torches are getting better and better at incapacitating other road users. Can you be arrested for having a light that's *much* too bright and shining it in a Saxo-wielding idiot's eyes?  19 . I've been known to headlight duel with inconsiderate motorists, but i'd do the same in a car...  4

2 comments

thebikeboy [131 posts] 9 years ago
0 likes

Well it certainly doesn't sound very sensible whether you do it in a car or on a bike, you are putting yourself and other road users at risk - particularly when you are in a car (two vehicles travelling towards each other at speed with neither driver able to see properly doesn't sound like a good idea - particularly if there's a vulnerable road user stuck in between them, on a bike perhaps.)  14 14

The tricky part on a bike it seems to me is being able to dip your lights quickly enough not to dazzle oncoming traffic, particularly if your main beam is on a helmet mounted torch.  39

Mr Sock [156 posts] 9 years ago
0 likes

Sorry, couldn't resist. Hate to be sensible but thebikeboy does have a point.  7