Home

Focus Izalco (56) Bike of the year 2012 with extras £1000

I'm selling my Focus Izalco Pro 3.0 2012 which was Cycling Plus/Bike Radars bike of the year 2012 (review). I simply dont use it and it is a shame to have it sat doing nothing.

I've sold a fair bit on Bike Radar before. I dont even think about selling something that I wouldnt want to buy myself and I have some feedback in their user feedback section (search there for my username).

Pics follow, sorry if they are a bit dark. I can take more on request

Pro frame as used by Katusha and Acqua & Sapone
56cm frame size, uncut steerer
SRAM force components with FSA bits
Wheels upgraded to Campagnolo Zonda 2-Way Fit so can run tubeless. Regardless of tyre campag wheels are sublime
Hardly used, I bought it from new from Peak Cyclesport and can provide paperwork. I upgraded wheels, well Wills Wheels did. This bike hasnt done 1000 miles yet.
Choice of saddles, either matt black Prologo or white carbon railed Selle San Marco Regal-E

Frame is immaculate. Right hand side brake lever is scratched from my clumsiness against garage wall. Slight scratch on the rd.

£1000 please

This price does not include courier, I'm hoping that you can pick up from Stockport. Will discuss courier, though this will be at your cost -I would want a bike shop to box up the bike etc. Will drive a reasonable distance to meet you halfway, again at cost.

Any questions please let me know.

7 comments

Jez Ash [225 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

that's an awful lot of bike for not that much money.

Shanefutcher [98 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Wow i love that bike,if you still have it in April I'll happily give you £1000.wish i had money sooner

fred22 [158 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

A great deal of interest, a lot of more serious enquiries and a couple of people who sound serious but still this remains for sale.

I've been over it with a fine toothed comb:

The black Prologo saddle which is on the bike currently was bought second hand and has a tiny nick which I have covered with electrical tape. Its 100% fine, I wouldnt sell it with a saddle if it wasn't, the nick itself is tiny, about 0.5 cm See here https://www.dropbox.com/s/5d2b8j5wb7mag5m/saddle.jpg

The white saddle is 'worn'; I bought it second hand. Condition-wise its seven point five out of ten although all cosmetic i.e. scuff to back, logo on side of nose has faded. See here https://www.dropbox.com/sc/f04rvyaohvz7jck/ytX7PtFz79 New they are £150+ , its carbon railed regal E

The pedals are Speedplay stainless. These too were bought second hand and so are older and more used than the rest of the bike. The good thing with speedplay is that the cleats take the wear. I've got the cleats on my shoes so can pass them on but you would be better off getting new ones, they're £35 new at Wiggle

A bargain at £1000 says a commentator above, true but not good enough for the buyers of road cc I say.

Price now £950 excludes any delivery

lerrup [21 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Is this still available?

0 likes
lerrup wrote:

Is this still available?

Yep  1

fukawitribe [1920 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes
fred22 wrote:

A bargain at £1000 says a commentator above, true but not good enough for the buyers of road cc I say.

If it weren't nearly 2 sizes too large for me, i'd have had a tough time not talking myself into getting my bike upgrade 9 months early - it's absolutely superb. You really shouldn't need any 'good luck with sale' on this one, but hope you get it.

0 likes

Bike sold to a very nice guy, hope he enjoys it

Thanks for the interest. I will be having a post-Christmas sale of bits and bobs: saddle, tyres, handlebar tape, jacket, gloves etc