Where, when, what, how?
Sunday 18th December
Herne Hill Velodrome, SE24 9HE
- Under 10 - 11am, £1 race entry
- Under 12 - 11.15cm, £1 race entry
- Youth - 11.45am, £5 race entry
- Junior - 1pm, £7 race entry
- Senior, Vet, Women - 1pm, £12 race entry
Anyone can enter. cyclo cross bikes are best. Hybrids and mountain bikes are welcome.
You can even enter on the day.
If you are not the holder of a British Cycling race license, pay a £3 surcharge on the day for a day license.
What's this all about?
Now November has passed and our hair grows back after Mohawkvember, we’re turning our attention to organising a cyclo cross race for your delight.
Its Ben’s 7th year consecutive year of running a cyclo cross race (so if its shit blame him), and the racing is packed with plenty of fun for all the family including:
- Bean About Town Espresso Wagon
- Brass Ensemble, ready to trump out Christmas tunes
- World famous photographer Geoff Waugh is providing a percussion accompaniment to the racing
- Ace prizes provided by Mule Bar, Giro, Madison and Privateer magazine
- Mince pies, cakes and cookies
- Abusive commentary by the ViCiOUS Velo team
- Plus a money pit!
What is a money pit?
A short cut to the side of the course with cash prize vouchers dug into the ground.
All you have to do is ride through the muddy pit, lean down, don’t fall off, and grab a voucher. Stuff it somewhere and claim your cash at the end of the race. Cash vouchers amount vary between 20p and £20! More laps you complete the more times you can go for a grab! More muller you’ll get!