Challenge yourself, Share the Adventure,
Make a difference.
Sign up for the halow250 and become part of a simply amazing charity cycling event on 1st-3rd May 2015. You’ll cycle 250 miles over three days through some of the very best English and French countryside. It’s definitely a tough challenge – but that’s what makes it worth it. Whether you’re part of a team or cycling as an individual you’ll have an unforgettable few days in the saddle, supported all the way by the most enthusiastic and friendly events team you’re ever likely to meet.
The route: 250 miles , 2 countries, 48 hours
Day 1: The ride begins at 9am and starts in Putney. You will cycle 80 miles on your first day through South West London, Surrey and Hampshire arriving in Portsmouth to a well deserved drinks reception before boarding the overnight ferry from Portsmouth to St Malo at approx. 7pm. You will then be allocated your cabin and the crossing takes approx. 12 hours.
Day 2: On arrival in St Malo the team will depart towards Mont Saint– Michel using roads from stage 11 of the 2013 Tour de France. The route will then take you North East on quiet (tarmacked) roads through beautiful French countryside arriving in the port of Caen 115 miles later. This is a challenging day but our support team will be there with you every step of the way, the sense of achievement you will feel on arrival in Caen will be immense. There will be time for a well earned meal before boarding the overnight ferry back to Portsmouth for the final leg.
Day 3: A shorter day on the final leg takes our riders on a scenic 55 mile route from Portsmouth to Guildford, arriving back to a welcome home party with family and friends to celebrate the fantastic achievement of all our riders.
Join us in May 2015 for a unique overseas challenge cycling from London to Guildford in Surrey via Northern France for just £300 (tbc for 2015 we hope to hold this price) . We will once again be fundraising for Surrey base charity halow and every penny you raise in sponsorship will go directly to them (your entry fee covers your costs). We ask that you raise a minimum of £500 sponsorship, securing £300 of your target by the 30th April 2015.
What’s included in your registration fee?
· Return ferry crossings (including en-suite berths for overnight accommodation – you may have to share!)
· An experienced support and logistical team to ensure all your needs are met during the trip
· Delicious send off breakfast in Putney.
· Bespoke halow250 cycling kit including branded bib shorts, jersey and jacket,and water bottle.
· Feed stations (both in the UK and in France) stocked with energy bars, gels, drinks, bananas etc.
· Drinks reception on Friday
· Rider maps and the routes will be signed where possible. (Including all downloads for GPS devices)
· Professional bike mechanics, support vehicles and riders, first aiders and motorcycle outriders.
· Welcome home party for friends and family
· Invitations to social and training rides.Training advice available from the experienced 2Boats team in the run up to and during the ride.