- Jamis Renegade Elite1 hour 2 min agoskull-collector-not-reallyskull-collector-not-really wrote:
That's really expensive.
What? How is that expensive? Seems like a more than decent price actually.
Based on this review I'd happily try one, if it wasn't so horrifyingly ugly. A frame only a mother could love.
- Road Disc brake wheel upgrade1 hour 9 min agoCheers. I reckon I could just
Cheers. I reckon I could just be a bit more patient and wait for mine to turn up, but I've not heard a beep from Hunt yet, and I'm in the June 'catchment' as well.
- Best road bikes under £3001 hour 52 min agoGood price point for getting
Good price point for getting new cyclists into the sports side of things cycling without spending a fortune
Also there's also a Carrera Tanneri at Halfords - its a cycle cross bike but down from £600 to £300 it's worth a look as well if the limited sizes fit you.
- Jamis Renegade Elite1 hour 52 min agoThat's really expensive.
That's really expensive.
- Wheel upgrade advice please for a newbie2 hours 11 min agoUnless your wheels are worn
Unless your wheels are worn out, it doesn't sound like a worthwhile upgrade to me.
- Woman whose boyfriend died during last year's RideLondon 100 to ride this year's event in his memory2 hours 45 min ago"Who's"?
- Child knocked off bike by 'aggressive cyclist' as she rode in safety protest ride2 hours 47 min agoFrom the picture this looks
From the picture this looks like a perfectly good walking route but seems totally unsuitable for cycling.
- Cycle light entrepreneur makes more than £1m in sales this year with innovative light2 hours 50 min agoI think I'll stick with my
I think I'll stick with my Exposure Max D.
- Pavement cyclist faces charges and media backlash after hitting toddler in incident caught on CCTV2 hours 56 min agoI hope that the little girl
I hope that the little girl is OK. The guy on the bike is absolutely in the wrong in the context of what happened but it's a pretty unsurprising event.
There seems to be a great deal of implicit promotion of pavement cycling on the whole. The police have been advised to use discretion when dealing with pavement cyclists and there seem to be shared use pavements or on-pavement cycle lanes popping up in every town. Very often these end with no re-integration with the main carriageway so in practical terms (although not legal) they keep cyclists on the pavement.
I don't read too much into the hit-and-run element. The cyclist was with two parents who were doubtless in an emotional state. He may have legitimately have been fearful of a physical confrontation and he did come forward later on.
- Bernard Hinault and the Fall and Rise of French Cycling3 hours 6 min agoOne of the most interesting
One of the most interesting characters to ever grace the cycling world.
- Lantern rouge on the Atlas Etape3 hours 18 min agoMustapha of Atlas sports with
Mustapha of Atlas sports with Shadowfax, and epic mountains.
- Tech Roundup: Greaseless bearings, Lily Camera drone, Restrap magnetic belt, This Is Cambridge socks and caps and much more3 hours 25 min agoanarchy wrote:Those bearingsanarchy wrote:
Those bearings won't work
No doubt you have an elegant proof but your comment was too small to contain it.
- Road Disc brake wheel upgrade4 hours 17 min ago25mm tyres (reported weights
25mm tyres (reported weights 700g pair) were fitted on order. I was going to fit myself but couldn't find a supplier with stock at the time.
That makes them correct with bare wheels weight.
Once my rotors turn up I can compare weights with my original wheels. I doubt there will be a huge difference in weights, but I will have a spare set of hand built
- Red Hook Crit to make UK debut on Greenwich Peninsula (+ video)4 hours 23 min agoMade up. Genuinely excited.
Made up. Genuinely excited.
- Tech Roundup: Greaseless bearings, Lily Camera drone, Restrap magnetic belt, This Is Cambridge socks and caps and much more4 hours 27 min agoBatchy wrote:The bearingsBatchy wrote:
The bearings look great , but will they be available to be able to be retro fitted to our existing wheels etc. Or will manufacturers operate a planned obsolescence scenario so we all need to buy new kit ?
If Coo Space, or a company they licence the tech to, make them in the same dimensions as existing cartridge bearings then it could be just a case of buying a set and replacing your existing ones.
- Tech Roundup: Greaseless bearings, Lily Camera drone, Restrap magnetic belt, This Is Cambridge socks and caps and much more4 hours 38 min agoSomeone needs to tell 'This
Someone needs to tell 'This is Cambridge' that retro caps in black white and pink with inscriptions about the suffering of riding hard, complete with photos of serious looking female cyclists have been done already by Rapha.
- Red Hook Crit to make UK debut on Greenwich Peninsula (+ video)4 hours 47 min agoIn the diary.
In the diary.
- Giro D'Italia - Stage 154 hours 57 min agoI may keep my transfer for a
I may keep my transfer for a rainy day.
- Officer given written warning for decision not to prosecute driver who hit cyclist while on wrong side of road5 hours 29 min agoianrobo wrote:Just 10 monthsianrobo wrote:
Just 10 months for murdering someone (and I use that term correctly !!) because of someone's irresponsible actions. That should be 10 years min
No, you don't use that term correctly. He didn't intend to kill the victim, so it is not murder. Case closed.
- Jamis Renegade Elite5 hours 32 min agoIts £2,250 at the moment.
Its £2,250 at the moment.
- Video: Why people really shouldn't cycle on the pavement5 hours 33 min agoSorry mate you missed the
Sorry mate you missed the boat on this one:
- Bent derailleur hangar?5 hours 35 min agoThanks for the answers, I
Thanks for the answers, I will ask at the bikeshop if they have the proper tool to check the alignment, or else I´ll buy one and a spare hangar.
- Giro D'Italia - Stage 155 hours 38 min agoIve got 13, so at least I can
Ive got 13, so at least I can get rid of Uran. My thoughts are will Geschke do anything. and I can go for the stage on the last day
This sounded very similar to my dilemma. Even more so when checking the stage results I discovered we had identical teams today. You have an extra transfer to use this week.
" the front brake hose doesn't pass inside the fork"
I was 100% about to order this bike.
...Nah seriously, I think that's my next ride. Stupendous. Great review Jez.
How's the geometry in real world use? A friend of mine drew my attention to the short top tube and incredibly tall head compared to the bike (an old mountain bike no less) that I use on the road right now. Compared to many other models, even in the sportive genre, this particular frame seems very "sit up and beg". I'm worried that the bias is way too far towards comfort and away from performance (aerodynamics).
I would like to know owner thoughts.