- Fines for illegal mobile phone use at wheel set to double to £200?1 day 9 hours agoThis one is easily solved.
This one is easily solved. The punishment should be confiscation of the users phone.
- Shutt VR Isobel jersey1 day 11 hours agoIt's my opinion that lycra
It's my opinion that lycra looks best on curvy women. It's fat women who have the most to fear from it.
- Tour de France Bikes 2015: A yellow Trek for Fabian Cancellara?1 day 15 hours agoI think you'll fine there
I think you'll fine there will be two of these bikes in the Trek set up, Cancellara sized and also a Mollema sized one, although they ride almost the same size, although as you have noted, Cancellara prefers one frame over another
- Tour de France Tech 2015: Chris Froome’s Pinarello Bolide1 day 15 hours agothere's something about the
there's something about the construction of this bike that makes me think it's a Chinese knock-off of a Pinarello.
- [sticky] Claiming your free stuff1 day 15 hours agoIs there a Mark Hockney in
Is there a Mark Hockney in the house?
It's your stuff I've been sent (as well as my own).
- Tour de France Tech 2015: Chris Froome’s Pinarello Bolide1 day 15 hours agoI assume a bit of work
I assume a bit of work fileing down the pulley mount bolt might have been in order, but it's a bit late now!
- Tour de France1 day 15 hours agoHard to decide just how much
Hard to decide just how much to prep for the next few stages with the opening roster...
- Video: Trials legend Martyn Ashton Back on Track in film charting his first mountain bike ride since life-changing 2013 crash1 day 15 hours agoGood man, i'm sure it took a
Good man, i'm sure it took a huge effort to get that far so soon, what an inspiration
- Tram tracks present biggest danger to Sheffield cyclists says campaign group1 day 15 hours agoWith all-electric buses
With all-electric buses coming to some routes in London soon, trolley buses may have had their time, but sections of their overhead powerlines could make an efficient recharging solution?
- Three years in jail for taxi driver who caused the death of Olympic cyclist Burry Stander1 day 15 hours agoThe guy was South African.
The guy was South African. Story might mention where the incident happened. I read half of it thinking it was Marine Drive in Bournemouth or Southampton or something.
I like to read of Judge figures talking about sending messages to drivers. Should've known it wasn't UK!
- Leeds councillors to discuss construction of Olympic-standard velodrome1 day 16 hours agoVelodrome and "fit for
Velodrome and "fit for purpose", well designed and physically segregated infrastructure, please.
The "now you're on the pavement - now you're off" cycle lanes in Regent Street (at the beginning of the Stage 1 route) are a dangerous joke ...
- Video: Trials legend Martyn Ashton Back on Track in film charting his first mountain bike ride since life-changing 2013 crash1 day 16 hours agoOMFG - can hardly type for
OMFG - can hardly type for the tears in my eyes.
- Which are the best cycling books? Help decide the road.cc People's Choice1 day 16 hours agoIn search of Robert Millar by
In search of Robert Millar by Richard Moore
- Which are the best cycling books? Help decide the road.cc People's Choice1 day 16 hours agoPut me back on my bike - In
Put me back on my bike - In search of Tom Simpson by William Fotheringham
- Which are the best cycling books? Help decide the road.cc People's Choice1 day 16 hours agoTomorrow we ride by Jean
Tomorrow we ride by Jean Bobet
- "That's no team bus ... " - Lego recreates Sky's Tour de France line-up (and Death Star)1 day 16 hours agoWow! I want it.
Wow! I want it.
- CyclingFantasy - Online Cycling Manager1 day 16 hours agoIm not sure I get it, its
Im not sure I get it, its like the draft has already taken place and ive just been given riders, and trading seems like a lot of effort for my busy schedule
- Tour de France Tech 2015: Chris Froome’s Pinarello Bolide1 day 16 hours agoWhere the rear mech rubs
Where the rear mech rubs against the disc in the biggest sprocket???
- Video: Trials legend Martyn Ashton Back on Track in film charting his first mountain bike ride since life-changing 2013 crash1 day 16 hours agoTo call him an inspiration
To call him an inspiration seems like a cliché, but the attitude he displays in the video is one that should give us all pause for thought.
Good on yer fella.
- Video: Trials legend Martyn Ashton Back on Track in film charting his first mountain bike ride since life-changing 2013 crash1 day 16 hours agoOtis Bragg wrote:Due to oneOtis Bragg wrote:
Due to one thing and another I had been feeling a bit sorry for myself today- then I saw these videos and soon caught myself on. Awesome and inspiring stuff all around- I don't mind admitting I leaked a bit watching.
On a slight tangent though- only 7 comments before this one? If this had been about a cyclist being knocked down, a doping story or something to do with helmets this thread would be well into double figures before now- surely this is the kind of stuff that should also be attracting attention and reminding us just why we love being on two wheels.
Ditto the 'grit in my eyes', and the astonishment regarding the paucity of comments. I put it on my Fb feed, and no one commented there at all.
To me, it's still a massive achievement, even if you take into account the support he had (technically and his mates).
- Tour de France Tech 2015: Chris Froome’s Pinarello Bolide1 day 17 hours agoThose extensions are
Those extensions are certainly wacky....maybe similar to the 3d printed ones that Wiggins used, just without the grips and 22.2mm hollows for the shifters
- Tour de France1 day 17 hours agoAstana confirm Boom will
Astana confirm Boom will start ....
- Video: Jeremy Vine - having a camera is safer than wearing a helmet in London1 day 17 hours ago"Bank is a seven way
"Bank is a seven way junction, what is a tipper truck doing there at rush hour for God's sake? "
If it is such an obviously dangerous junction why would you try and ride a bike across it during rush hour either?
The truck has as much reason for being there as the cyclist. This isn't the 50's, people don't generally go out and drive round for the fun of it. Certainly they don't do that through traffic jams! He has a job to do, stop trying to blame lorry drivers for simply doing their job.
- Pictures of your Bike1 day 17 hours agoHere's my brand spanking new
Here's my brand spanking new cannondale supersix evo 5, not even 24hrs old yet.
- Leeds councillors to discuss construction of Olympic-standard velodrome1 day 17 hours agoThe article hints that
The article hints that "ordinary" cycling in Leeds is at very low levels. A velodrome will make no difference.
It may inspire cycle sport, and that will be the first thing that Leeds has done as part if its imaginary "Tour de France legacy" that would be believable.
The council continues to insist on conflating cycle sport with ordinary bike riding. Just look at the cityconnect page, which regularly bangs on about how the one cycle path that Leeds is building will help the cycling "revolution", and how it is a consequence of the "Tour de France legacy"
Most users of a Leeds area velodrome would, sadly, drive their cars there (as you do when carrying several track bikes) so not only would it have nothing to do with ordinary cycling, it wouldn't even cause the track cyclists themselves to ride on the roads.