- Prudential Ride London Cue Sheet1 day 2 hours agoGood work including the
Good work including the Wimbledon hill. Good little bump that, just to confuse people who think it's all flat from Box Hill
- Panaracer Gravelking 32mm1 day 2 hours agoi have the 28mm gravelking
i have the 28mm gravelking and love it, but how does the rolling resistance of the 32mm compare? looking for my next set of tires for the other 'bike'.
- Beginner to 4th Cat Training1 day 2 hours agoAs crikey says, 4th cat races
As crikey says, 4th cat races are brimming with choppers these days - plenty of 'attitude' and carbon, not so hot on group riding skills.
Don't be one.
- Castelli Rosso Corsa Secondapelle Glove1 day 2 hours agoI've had the same experience
I've had the same experience as the poster above. I'm on my second pair (after the first ones fell to bits after ONE ride) and the stitching is starting to tear apart.
I expected better quality from Castelli to be honest.
- Prudential Ride London Cue Sheet1 day 2 hours agoYes that is quite handy. Many
Yes that is quite handy. Many thanks.
- road.cc People's Choice: Your favourite cycling tyres revealed1 day 2 hours agoroad.cc wrote: People'sroad.cc wrote:
People's Choice: your favourite tyres
Your favourite places to park your bum
Eh? Park your bum?
- Just in: Bowman Cycles Pilgrims disc-equipped road bike1 day 2 hours agoI rather like this but it's a
I rather like this but it's a bit over-stickered IMHO. It's not really necessary to have the material or a slogan emblazoned on the seatstays.
- Genesis Croix de Fer frameset1 day 2 hours agoWhat's the max tire size this
What's the max tire size this frame/fork can take?
- Rapha Pro Team Rain Overshoes1 day 2 hours agorobthehungrymonkeyrobthehungrymonkey wrote:Poptart242 wrote:
Endura Road Overshoes -£25 bombproof commuter overshoes.
Only black and natty silver available so they're not quite as fashionable as the Rapha but they're pretty good: https://tinyurl.com/ncpecjo
I've got these Endura ones and I don't use them. They are probably good for commuting, but long rides I sweat so much in them that my feet were soaked and stank. I don't think you're comparing like for like.
I agree with you there, was addressing another poster, should have been clearer. I do only wear them on shorter or very cold rides - if I need overshoes for any other reason I'll use my lycra booties for TTs and oversocks if it's a little cold.
- Pinarello releases Chris Froome Dogma F8 signature collection1 day 2 hours agoHmmm cute, very cute... looks
Hmmm cute, very cute... looks good in any colour thats b'cause its looks god damn fast stood still. A prime requirement for anything on two wheels.
- Rose Xeon CDX 3100 Di21 day 2 hours agoI agree with the DT Swiss
I agree with the DT Swiss r23's, had to send my rear back with issues about the bearings not been sealed or been allowed to move.
- Wiggins in 2011, TDF Thoughts1 day 2 hours agoWith Porte going to BMC
With Porte going to BMC perhaps Thomas could lead at the Giro? After losing the muscle mass built for the TP he's not that much heavier than Froome, who was always long and skinny.
- Need Fast, Puncture-Resistant Tyres1 day 2 hours agoDurano S is marginally
Durano S is marginally lighter than the Durano, and is/was only available in 23mm folding.
Schwalbe USA have a visual indicator to compare each tyre's characteristics e.g.
Durano (new version)
IME Lugano is a cheap OEM tyre with poor wet grip and protection. A friend of mine had two that suffered with bulging sidewalls. I'd avoid it.
Just replaced my Duranos - I had no problems and only one deflation (a flinty stone) after 5,000 miles of Shropshire lanes in all weathers, but if you really want to avoid the p-word then go for the Plus.
- Castelli Rosso Corsa Secondapelle Glove1 day 2 hours agoI have these and whilst I do
I have these and whilst I do like them very much, the quality is not as great as I expected. I have sent two pairs back with the fabric coming unstitched at the seams in between the fingers. I am on my 3rd pair in a few months and it is happening again to my current pair.
Apart from that they do feel great and look the part.
- The Chichester junction where drivers must give way to cyclists who they can’t see1 day 3 hours agoI'm surprised that got
I'm surprised that got through a road safety audit.
- Sky sign CC Hackney products Alex Peters and Tao Geoghegan Hart as stagiaires1 day 3 hours agoI remember watching it and
I remember watching it and the commentary team just missing it and having to rewind it to check I wasn't going potty and imagining things.
- Sky sign CC Hackney products Alex Peters and Tao Geoghegan Hart as stagiaires1 day 3 hours agoI remember wincing heavily at
I remember wincing heavily at that crash!
- Rose Xeon CDX 3100 Di21 day 3 hours agoHi Guys, any further thoughts
Hi Guys, any further thoughts ? I'm taking delivery of mine in approximately 2 weeks and just reading these comments over and over
I have a Garmin Edge 1000, so going to get the Wireless D-Fly transmitter to display the Di2 information there.
I went for the basic 3100 Di2 configuration, 57cm, Matt Black / Blue, only changing the rear cassette to the 11-32. Been on order now for around 7/8 weeks.
- Pinarello releases Chris Froome Dogma F8 signature collection1 day 3 hours agoSky logo is on the seatpost.
Sky logo is on the seatpost.
- Beginner to 4th Cat Training1 day 3 hours agoRiding with other people is
Riding with other people is the most important thing to do. Junior and 4th cat racing is full of people who are 'fit'. It is not full of people who can 'race', because you only learn how to race by riding with others and racing with others.
Racing is not about horsepower, nor is it about watts/kg, it is about being intelligent and capable and competent to be able to use the fitness that you have to your advantage without endangering others.
Ignore the HRM and power meter brigade; these are tools to help refine your training and will not get you out the door on a cold wet January Saturday; riding with others will.
TL:DR; join a club and listen.
- Creaking in left crank area1 day 3 hours agoHad this happen to mine a few
Had this happen to mine a few weeks ago. Short-term fix was to tighten the bolts on the chainrings. This implied there was a little flex there. The long-term fix was to add an additional paper-thin shim when I was putting my cranks back on after servicing the bottom bracket.
- Pictures of your Bike1 day 3 hours ago2014 Tarmac Comp Di2 with new
2014 Tarmac Comp Di2 with new Roval CLX 60 wheels -- This shot was from 150 miles into a 550 mile ride through the White Mountains, Presidential Mountains, and Green Mountains around New England. I have never been so happy to see a hammock at the end of a ride!
- Beginner to 4th Cat Training1 day 3 hours agoMozyAdam wrote:Thank you allMozyAdam wrote:
Thank you all very much for the advice! I have a speed and cadence computer and I can average about 16mph for an hour easily.
I hope to join a chain gang come time soon.
I am from Preston, in Lancashire.
So what I intend to do from now to Jan is cycle as much as I can at a moderate intensity so that I can sustain it for the whole ride.
Then from Jan start doing some intervals and focus on sweetspot etc?
Thank you all again. Much appreciated.
That will certainly get you to the point where you can think about going onto a race in terms of fitness.
But to echo what everyone is saying, you should also be looking at joining a club. Not just for the training but for the group riding skills.
Racing is mostly about position. If you are in the right position you will save energy and have matches to burn when you need them.
Riding in groups with a club will help give you awareness about when and how to move. For example, what someone looks like when they're about to lose contact, so you can be ready to get around them in a fluid move. If you get stuck, lose speed then have to surge to catch the wheel you've burned a match for nothing.
The flip side of that coin is that if you don't have the fitness you can't maintain the position. It's the unfit riders who slip back a few metres on a short climb that lose their place and then use more of their energy.
- Creaky BB - Campag setup1 day 3 hours agoI just dealt with this on my
I just dealt with this on my Ultegra BB. The short-term fix was to tighten the bolts on the chain rings mid-ride (I still have 400+ miles left and didn't want to deal with creaking the whole way). The long-term fix was to add another shim to my drivetrain. Apparently there was one too few of these paper (or thinner!) thin shims on my drivetrain. This was allowing a little bit more flex than normal and lead to creaking.
- Sky sign CC Hackney products Alex Peters and Tao Geoghegan Hart as stagiaires1 day 3 hours agoI was was there to witness
I was was there to witness Tao's most infamous (and painful) moment to date.