- Fabian Cancelllara wins TT world championship in imperious style4 years 51 weeks agoI was thinking he might put
I was thinking he might put his efforts in to the road race (changing his earlier plans) but if he was getting the beers in last night maybe not.
- Shimano Dura Ace Di24 years 51 weeks agoDura Ace Electric...
... was it these components that let Twiggo down in the worlds?
- Two cols on a Commencal4 years 51 weeks agoStag do tastic for me
Stag do tastic for me (hopefully)
- How far do you commute to work (by bike)?4 years 51 weeks agoI'm about 10 miles each way
I'm about 10 miles each way from Leith to Ingliston, Edinburgh. Everyone looks at me like I've got two heads when I tell them that.
- Endura Racing stregthens team for 20104 years 51 weeks agoNice to see another British
Nice to see another British team strengthening.
- Road.cc T-shirts4 years 51 weeks agoGood lad
- any Crank Bros quattro road cleats out there?4 years 51 weeks agoMany thanks
- Gyrobike: reinventing the wheel for kids4 years 51 weeks agoQuote:What they probably meanQuote:
What they probably mean is that its torque vector moves into its spin vector, causing gyroscopic precession
yeah, that's what I thought too.
I think the bars are just turned round, like you say.
I've just (really just, like this week) taught my daughter Daisy to ride, she's 4 and a bit and never really took to balance bikes. She loved her scooter though and that seems to have done the trick with the balancing. A couple of false starts and she was off: there's no stopping her now.
- Gyrobike: reinventing the wheel for kids4 years 51 weeks agoWhat they probably mean is
What they probably mean is that its torque vector moves into its spin vector, causing gyroscopic precession.
The front forks look like they're on back to front, though maybe the bars are simply turned more than usual.
To be honest, teaching kids to ride a push-along bike does the trick. I taught my sons to ride a bike with one of those and when they moved up to pedals, it didn't take long. The eldest took 200m and the youngest just 100m as he'd watched his brother. I also taught one of their mates when he wanted to learn on their bike as he had a push-along too.
- Prescription cycling glasses4 years 51 weeks agoif you fancy a particular
if you fancy a particular pair of frames then a good optician should be able to match and fit a set of prescription lenses for you - i've done this a couple of times. not cheap though!
- Prescription cycling glasses4 years 51 weeks agoI think the new jawbones come
I think the new jawbones come with 'reactions' lenses if you want them and being Oakley I expect they will be prescription-able.
- How far do you commute to work (by bike)?4 years 51 weeks ago.........howdy, folks.
I'm currently 5 miles each way - (slightly more if I use canal towpaths, slightly less if main roads).
Tow paths go past Olympic media centre and main stadium and is lovely in spring and summer.
4 days a week plus what ever I do when cycling between appointments at work (little as 2 miles extra to 20 on some days)
Might get to Hog Hill if my racer ever arrives..............
- Fabian Cancelllara wins TT world championship in imperious style4 years 51 weeks ago"The brake pulled over
"The brake pulled over because I'd dropped my chain at the bottom of the climb. The brake is behind the chain ring and it just moved the brake caliper over.
"I did the climb because I didn't want to change at the bottom with it rubbing and thought I'd change it at the top.
"I jumped off not knowing that the car wasn't there. And that was it really. It was race over."
- Who needs a car?4 years 51 weeks agoIt used to be an adventure
It used to be an adventure AT2 trailer for the kids but i took the seat and cover off. the box is one that my mum and dad used to use to cart around the camping stuff when we went on holiday. it's pretty heavy
next plan is to make a new box, with a hub-width attachment (or two) to at the front so i can carry bikes on it without the ratchet tie down... haven't quite worked it through yet!
- Carradice Super C saddlebag4 years 51 weeks agoThe amount of
The amount of faffing/adapting you have to do with these bags is plain ridiculous - however, they do at least have their SQR range which is a lot more straightforward and less beard & sandals (says the man who has just taken delivery of a Brooks B17!).
- Who needs a car?4 years 51 weeks agoIs that a home brew trailer
Is that a home brew trailer or something available commercially? I've got a Carry Freedom Y-Frame and would definitely need a box or something to raise the bike above the wheels to do this... which I have thought about!
- Smart Lunar 25 front and rear light set4 years 51 weeks agoThe rear one is the
The rear one is the superflash but i think the front is a slightly redesigned unit to that one, with a different LED. i'd have to check though
- Smart Lunar 25 front and rear light set4 years 51 weeks agoCan you buy both these
Can you buy both these seperately? I think I have the rear as the 'Superflash'.
Would the front in the set be the same as this one?
- Fabian Cancelllara wins TT world championship in imperious style4 years 51 weeks agoYep I saw that too, the
Yep I saw that too, the perils of having the brake calliper mounted down there i suppose, any gearing system can ship a chain...I guess it could be harder to remedy it on the fly with the Di2 though.
- Fabian Cancelllara wins TT world championship in imperious style4 years 51 weeks agosaw a comment that his Di2
saw a comment that his Di2 unshipped the chain which
knocked the rear brake caliper over so it was rubbing
on the rim !!!!
- Fabian Cancelllara wins TT world championship in imperious style4 years 51 weeks agoWiggo's response via Twitter
Wiggo's response via Twitter goes something like this:
"Off for a cold one!"
"Thinking of setting up a hall of worship for Fabien, anyone want to join!"
"4 beers down, pints mind you!"
"Sacked the beer, moved onto the Masi Costasera, Ooh yeah, Steve Ferrand is being sick"
"3rd bottle of Masi, we have lost Ben Gallagher from the Telegraph, he's man down"
"Will Fotheringham is swaying!!!!!"
- Speed bumps.....for cyclists4 years 51 weeks agoJust how many accidents have
Just how many accidents have been caused by cyclists speeding on this road? And just how many accidents have been caused by pedestrians crossing without looking? I don't know the road in question but I somehow doubt those who approved the installation of speed humps are cyclists. I also wonder about the safety issues posed by the speed humps, particularly in wet weather conditions.
- Speed bumps.....for cyclists4 years 51 weeks agowonder what "speeding"
wonder what "speeding" actually is ... 10, 15, 30 mph ?
- Motorists could be blamed for all accidents involving cyclists4 years 51 weeks agoSo can you give us some
So can you give us some examples of where it has increased hostility abroad?
This rule is in force in the rest of Europe now - I'm riding around italy at the mo and while I'd have to say that Italian drivers seem to have a different take on personal safety they don't seem particularly hostile towards cyclists.
- road.cc Italian road trip4 years 51 weeks agoGlad he did well considering
Glad he did well considering he was on an old heavy bike too, he mentioned that he'd been riding in a 25 in Wales earlier on as part of his warm up, he didn't say that he broke Chris Boardman's record… maybe it hadn't sunk in