- Video: Trials legend Martyn Ashton Back on Track in film charting his first mountain bike ride since life-changing 2013 crash1 day 1 hour agoFantastic stuff.
- Which are the best cycling books? Help decide the road.cc People's Choice1 day 1 hour agoNot just the best cycling
Not just the best cycling book but the best book!
- Mechanical doping - the pro cycling story that won't go away1 day 1 hour agofatsimonstan wrote:Anthony.Cfatsimonstan wrote:Anthony.C wrote:
This story should never have been published if he refuses to name anyone, it's just free publicity.
Seriously? You really think this is not news?
You learn something new every day.....
Sarcasm ? The lowest form of wit.
- First look: Cannondale Slate Ultegra + Video, photo gallery, spec and full range info1 day 1 hour agoThis does not make sense:
This does not make sense: "Given that the frame also incorporates a Headshok anyway . . ."
There's no Headshok incorporated into anything. There's a Lefty suspension fork "incorporated" into the bike via headset bearings, if by that you mean to say that the bike is equipped with it. The frame has a head tube and a headset that might be able to run a Headshok, much in the way that much of Cannondale's line of bikes might be able to be equipped with a Headshok, if they chose to do so.
- ass-saver guard on a road bike?1 day 1 hour agoSpend the thirty quid mate.
Spend the thirty quid mate. Your bike and kit will love you and serve you faithfully. Those bits of flimsy plastic are a waste.
- No Hopers1 day 1 hour agoALEXIS VUILLERMOZ 16.6
ALEXIS VUILLERMOZ 16.6
SIMON GESCHKE 17.3
DANIEL OSS 16.8
LARS BOOM 20.8
ALBERT TIMMER 8.3
- Video: Trials legend Martyn Ashton Back on Track in film charting his first mountain bike ride since life-changing 2013 crash1 day 1 hour agoTotally class. Laughed and
Totally class. Laughed and cried right through. Martyn you're an inspiration.
- "That's no team bus ... " - Lego recreates Sky's Tour de France line-up (and Death Star)1 day 1 hour agoI love it!
I love it!
- Mechanical doping - the pro cycling story that won't go away1 day 1 hour agoThis is why it isn't
This is why it isn't happening in the pro peloton:
“Absolutely no ------- way. It would require too many people to be complicit; mechanics, DSs, agents. It would get out.”
Not to mention teammates, soigneurs, TV cameras seeing the h2o bottle that never comes out of the cage, the mere possibility of a crash and public, medics, ect getting their hands on an obviously motorized bike. It's too risky for even an idiot like Ricardo Rico.
Actual doping did/does happen in a very small, very tight knit world with maybe 2 other people knowing. Look what happened to Lance when the omerta ended.
- LAS Victory helmet1 day 1 hour agoMaybe smile next time.
Maybe smile next time.
It rather looks like this helmet is causing you some significant harm or shame.
- Optilabs Switch glasses1 day 1 hour agobikeandy61 wrote:My brotherbikeandy61 wrote:
My brother in law was praising Optilab at the weekend. he has been battling to find anywhere that could do any type of sport glasses with varifocal lenses. He couldn't praise these highly enough and that from Pete is high praise. They provided sample frames to try with free return postage (multiples) and were very helpful and efficient. Recommended.
Like your brother in law, I've been buying Optilabs cycling classes with variofocal prescription lens for some years. The ones I've had from them have been very good indeed, quite apart from the excellent after service they provide. I'd recommend them to anyone who needs prescription lens.
- 5 years in jail for driver who was on phone when she killed cyclist1 day 1 hour ago@The Feeder. I'm so, so sorry
@The Feeder. I'm so, so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what living through the aftermath of Alistair's death must have been and still be like. I hope you find some peace, some day.SNS1938 wrote:
I don't remember if it's as big of an issue in the UK as it is in the US when you're an ex-con and it haunts you for years and makes jobs really hard to get etc. I hope so.
You do understand that successful reintegration into society is the biggest factor in stopping someone reoffending, don't you?
- Mechanical doping - the pro cycling story that won't go away1 day 1 hour agohttp://cyclingtips.com.au/201
if you pair this with a battery that has 5mins run time it would work. You really don't need that much, when the main contenders are all putting out similar amounts of power an extra few watts for a few minutes, just enough to get a break. yes it weighs more, but with bikes weighing what they do, perfectly possibly to get the weight back down to the legal minimum.
- ass-saver guard on a road bike?1 day 1 hour agoWaste of time unless the road
Waste of time unless the road is slightly wet.
- Mechanical doping - the pro cycling story that won't go away1 day 1 hour agoA Segway battery may be
A Segway battery may be 10kg... but it is required to provide 100% of motive energy for a workable runtime.
A 'mechanical doping' system may only need to provide a few extra watts for a few minutes just at the right time, so the battery pack may only be small and 'light-ish'.
The motor, on the other hand, would still be a wight, so yes, the bike would heavier then normal. unless you start with an underweight bike. Some of the lightest bikes out there are up to 1kg under the weight limit. This means that you could add upto 1kg of motor and battery for ow weight penalty.
Thing is... there are only two ways to integrate a motor and battery into a frame. Either you cut open an existing frame (which must be difficult to conceal) - or you effectively build the frame round the motor. So, if teams are cheating in the way, surly the manufacture would need to be involved?
- 2nd hand tubulars1 day 2 hours agoIf already glued, stick to
If already glued, stick to that. I don't fancy tape over old glue.
Just try and seperate them as per the post above.
- 5 years in jail for driver who was on phone when she killed cyclist1 day 2 hours ago@
- The ethics of self-driving car collisions: whose life is more important?1 day 2 hours agovonhelmet wrote:
Given thatvonhelmet wrote:
Given that the car will need some sort of wireless uplink to communicate with other autonomous vehicles, it's possible that the fire engine/ambulance/police car could communicate directly with it and say exactly what it is and what's going on and what to do next.
I'm not sure driverless cars will necessary communicate with each other in this way. I'd guess that they probably will but if they can cope with pedestrians, cyclists and drivers based only on what they 'see' they should be able to cope with each other too. Moreover, the first driverless cars on the roads will need to fit with the status quo. Our emergency services aren't going roll out new technology to all their vehicles and train all of their staff in its use it it prior to driverless hitting the roads. Initially, at least, the cars will need to know how to respond to lights and sirens.
- 2nd hand tubulars1 day 2 hours agoCheers, and glue not tape?
Cheers, and glue not tape?
- Sportful R&D Ultralight Jersey1 day 2 hours agoMatt_S wrote:Do you have anyMatt_S wrote:
Do you have any other Sportful jerseys to compare the sizing against.
I've been eying one of these up. Seems like it's a good option.
Matt - I have several Sportful jerseys purchased in the last 2 to 3 years including this product review jersey. It's the same fitting as the Bodyfit Pro range if that helps?
I'm 78Kg's/178cm tall( 12st and 5ft11 in old money) and the XL is a good fit (as Sportful are Italian, so sizes are smaller generally than a traditional UK sizing)
I've riden it in Majorca in 35C and it is a benefit over a 'normal' jersey imo.
- Which are the best cycling books? Help decide the road.cc People's Choice1 day 2 hours agoTim Moore - Gironimo!: Riding
- Which are the best cycling books? Help decide the road.cc People's Choice1 day 2 hours agoTyler Hamilton - The Secret
- Tour de France Bikes 2015: Mark Cavendish's Specialized Venge1 day 2 hours agoNew madone - just ugly.
New madone - just ugly.
New Venge - Not classically good looking, but somehow pulls it off ... maybe like a Stealth Fighter ... sure, no Spitfire, but somehow still impressive.
- 2nd hand tubulars1 day 2 hours agoPump up to racing pressure
Pump up to racing pressure and go round the wheels trying to roll them off. Any dodgy sections, rip off and reglue.
- CyclingFantasy - Online Cycling Manager1 day 2 hours agoReally the wrong place to
Really the wrong place to come and try to poach players...