- Just in: Comtat Aristo2 years 47 weeks agovelo evolve wrote:Havingvelo evolve wrote:
Having bought one of these frames, I can safely say that the bike looks even more beautiful in the flesh. I bought the frame with ISP which personally I think looks even better.
ISP... intergrated seat post?
- Principia REX2 years 47 weeks agothanks. just waiting for the
thanks. just waiting for the finishing touches to arrive, Thomson seatpost and stem, hmmmmm loverly.
oh and a new 'road.cc' jersey will be the icing on the cake of course, them gonna be available sometime?
- Worrying heart rate2 years 47 weeks agoI had 'spikes' in my heart
I had 'spikes' in my heart beat records these stopped when I ceased keeping my mobile in my chest pocket of my cycling jersey.
- Principia REX2 years 47 weeks agoThat is a really nice looking
That is a really nice looking bike Fringe
- LCC launches mass email campaign over TfL's Blackfriars Bridge traffic plan2 years 47 weeks agoSorry about that, dunno what
Sorry about that, dunno what happened to the link to the TfL email address but I've put it in again and it seems to work now.
- LCC launches mass email campaign over TfL's Blackfriars Bridge traffic plan2 years 47 weeks agoWhat is the email address for
What is the email address for TFL?
- Principia REX2 years 47 weeks agoive just got/built up an
ive just got/built up an older version, rides very nice too, not harsh at all, and didnt cost me anywhere close to 3 grand. think i'll keep it for a couple of years and then see what else is knocking around on various classifieds.."im not a bike 'for life' person"
- The ultimate summer job?2 years 47 weeks agoand i'll have the salary.
and i'll have the salary. maybe we could do a job share!
- Help - my squad has got corrupted2 years 47 weeks agoGkam84 wrote:
I lostGkam84 wrote:
I lost Boonen,Chavanel and Cancellara
Can you even get those 3 riders on one team?
I was majorly annoyed when I thought I had second last week but only later realised I'd got the wrong Chavanel (Sebastian).
(no offence Seb!)
- Hit-and-run lawyer "not unprofessional" in cyclist death case2 years 47 weeks agoI generally disagree with
I generally disagree with knee jerk reaction to cases based solely on press reports but in this case...
I hope he rots in hell.
- Paris-Roubaix tech: Team Sky’s Pinarellos2 years 47 weeks agoDoesn't say much for carbon
Doesn't say much for carbon wheels, stem or bars for us that want something to last and cope with uk potholes?
- I thought this was commuting?2 years 48 weeks agoAnd you allowed it for 9
And you allowed it for 9 miles???!! Stop...and allow the wheelsucker to go past...simple.
- Wrong way motorway cyclist lives to tell the tale2 years 48 weeks agoA3 (70mph and no hard
A3 (70mph and no hard shoulder) - Legal to cycle on the road................M61(70mph, hard shoulder and wider lanes that the A road)- Not legal. Where's the sense?
Further: Small country lanes (60mph and no visibility).
I still wouldn't ride on either the A road or motorway but country lanes????
- Just in: Comtat Aristo2 years 48 weeks agothis has jumped right to the
this has jumped right to the top of my list - I've been saving for a big upgrade and this looks like it could be the winner. looking forward to the review!
- Hit-and-run lawyer "not unprofessional" in cyclist death case2 years 48 weeks agoHorrific! The fact that he is
Horrific! The fact that he is a lawyer is unbelievable! Drink driving and murder! Surely we can campaign via the net to do something about such injustice? There is far too much of this happening worldwide.
- RAC Foundation says more focused spending on roads could prevent thousands of deaths2 years 48 weeks agoI suspect that most of our
I suspect that most of our roads are inherently "safe". It is how the road user (including cyclists) choose to use them that is our societal blind spot. I'll own up. I know I've had a few "moments" on my bike over the years when on reflection, I've made a "poor choice" and exposed myself to greater risk. The interesting aspect is that this happens either because I was thrill seeking / enjoying a really fast section, or was "spitting feathers" at some inappropriate manoeuvre by a driver and felt the need to remonstrate with them if I could catch them. Rightly or wrongly, like all humans, I make bad decisions some of the time. One obvious problem is that my bike and I weigh considerably less than 100kg wet through, whereas your average European car scales well over ten times that amount, easily. The outcomes are obvious, when I get it wrong, I'm almost certainly going to be the loser, whereas the driver's errors will very likely affect others as well.
Societally, in the UK I fear we have lost much respect for our fellow man, pay lip service to those we encounter but really, deep down, feel the need to "look after number 1" or else be trampled underfoot in the scramble for "survival" which is nuts isn't it? We enjoy a really high standard of living in UK when measured globally. In a nutshell, we just don't like or respect each other very much any more.
A final observation I'd like to make is from a trip I made to Paris just this last week. Here, it was really clear to me that cycle helmet usage is minimal, say less than 5% but probably below that even. Now, I labour under the stereotype that Parisien drivers are pretty full-on in the intolerance stakes. This appeared to be born out too, where other drivers were at fault, there was little quarter given. However, the French cyclist appears blessed with a bubble of respect that rendered them untouchable. Equally, they didn't appear to be abusing that position by running red lights or pavement riding. Are we in the UK therefore ultra risk averse (over 50% helmet usage and climbing further in London apparently) or are our car-driving habits so appalling that this is the reaction, one of "self preservation" that to me (a helmet wearer) now suddenly seems to be just a step in an arms race. Where will it end? Full downhill body armour & crash hats? I return to the fact that I believe most of our roads are safe, it's how we us them that is the problem.
- Help - my squad has got corrupted2 years 48 weeks agoThanks Dave, its looking good
Thanks Dave, its looking good
- Just in: Comtat Aristo2 years 48 weeks agoIt was Bob Parlee who once
It was Bob Parlee who once said "you won't find any riveted cable stops on our frames", and for me it's a tiny detail that smacks of cost cutting and makes me wonder if the rivet holes weren't the only compromises in the design.
So, thanks but no thanks - but i'll have one of Bob's bike's, now that's what i call a classy rig.
- Players riding then not riding?2 years 48 weeks agotidy. nothing like a bit of
tidy. nothing like a bit of adventure biking of a weekend
- Good Vibrations on the Ronde de Vlaanderen… and the cobbles of Paris Roubaix2 years 48 weeks agoCrackle wrote: Heh, heh,Crackle wrote:
Heh, heh, good read, rather you than me though. I don't mind watching them but doing it is quite another thing. Those beers would've been the undoing of me.
Wotcha Crackers! It's one of those 'got to try it at least once' kind of things and I've already tried Morris dancing.
- Wrong way motorway cyclist lives to tell the tale2 years 48 weeks agoI've never seen a cyclist on
I've never seen a cyclist on a motorway yet, but I did see a cyclist on the A4174 dual carriageway, cycling on the wrong carriageway, in the wrong direction near the central reservation. Either daft, stupid or both, but you wouldn't walk or drive that way, so why cycle?
- Players riding then not riding?2 years 48 weeks agoWell with the lovely weather
Well with the lovely weather we've been having up here in NE Scotland i'm not planning on being in all weekend, borrowing a proper lightweight bike from a mate because Evans still working out a fix for my bike and if the good weather holds out i'm off for a jaunt with a tent overnight
So kinda had to get it done outta the way today
- The ultimate summer job?2 years 48 weeks agoi can do the web design bit
i can do the web design bit
- Hit-and-run lawyer "not unprofessional" in cyclist death case2 years 48 weeks agoAnd I thought Britain was
And I thought Britain was unique in the rights it gives to cyclist murderers.
- Players riding then not riding?2 years 48 weeks agoOf course there's an element
Of course there's an element of lovely human error built in too: those riders going in and out is people checking and unchecking boxes. we're not infallible
I don't think you're missing anything, except maybe that it's best to leave the transfers as long as possible
My fingers get itchy too though. they're always done by friday...