- Which bike for Ironman under £1400.1 day 32 min agoFree hub? Sorry so do I need
Free hub? Sorry so do I need to upgrade the cassette?
- Which bike for Ironman under £1400.1 day 44 min agoThe free hub is for a 10
The free hub is for a 10 speed so won't take 11 speed cassette.
- Concealed Carrie women's cycling top packs a deadly secret — a handgun pocket1 day 47 min agoI hear the British version
I hear the British version they are going to make will have a catapult and elastic bands pocket.
- A rare glimpse into two amazing bicycle collections1 day 53 min agofair enough, maybe i didn't
fair enough, maybe i didn't think that one through. thanks for the opprobrium.
- 250 bike parking places to be added to railway stations in Greater Manchester1 day 55 min agoThere is a secure bike
There is a secure bike shelter at Oxford Road station that was installed last summer. It looks great but has, inexplicably, sat unused since it was built.
This may have something to do with it not been actually made operational and it being permanently locked.
Another example of grant money quickly being spent and then then just left to rot.
- 250 bike parking places to be added to railway stations in Greater Manchester1 day 56 min agoNo London ?
No London ?
- Geraint Thomas wins E3 Harelebeke after solo attack1 day 1 hour agoCredit to Sky for the results
Credit to Sky for the results so far this season. They said they were disappointed with the one day races last year and it's obvious they've done something about it. And I think there's more to come.
- Pictures of your Bike1 day 1 hour agoThanks!
This is indeed in
This is indeed in part due to the camera angle, however I do have the bar dropped in a more old school fashion rather than pointing upwards as it is very poplar these days.
As for decals they only shine in a camera flash. Otherwise wheels are completely black which I like very much too! Reflective decals make me more visible at night. You can never be too careful!
- Optimum Stowaway Rain Jacket1 day 1 hour agoAt last! A jacket for short
At last! A jacket for short armed tubbies like me.
- #mycyclingweekend 8 - Storm's a-brewing...1 day 1 hour agoChrisbpr wrote:alotronicChrisbpr wrote:alotronic wrote:
Due a 200km Audax ride, gulp. Worse thing is tailwind out and headwind back. Predicting 3 hours out, 7 back.
That wouldn't be the start of summertime one from Stevenage would it.
Doing that too on the back of sweet fa training .....double gulp !!!!!!
Aye, that's the one. Currently going through my catalogue of clothing trying to figure out what to wear. 'Everything' seems to be a good answer at the moment.
Audax *is* training remember - for the next stupidly long ride or absurdly bad weather.
- Rise in number of potholes filled - but permanent repairs needed, says trade body1 day 1 hour agoSaturn5 wrote:Simon ESaturn5 wrote:Simon E wrote:Ramuz wrote:
Could the rise of the unnecessary 4x4 have anything to do with the degradation of the road surface?
No it's big, heavy lorries and, in rural areas, similarly oversized farm machinery.
No it is lack of resurfacing and the utilities.
The evidence I've seen, stuff I have read and what I've been told by a Highways dept official contradict your assertion. I'm with gmac101 on this.
However, poor quality patching/repair won't help. In Shropshire my impression is that this has become significantly worse since the council outsourced the work to Ringway, a private contractor.
- Paint yourself visible at night: Volvo develops new Life Paint for cyclists1 day 1 hour agoIt just gives the bastards
It just gives the bastards something to aim for.
- Which bike for Ironman under £1400.1 day 1 hour agoOn that ribble below when I
On that ribble below when I select the wheel part:
part: CSN Superleggera XL50 Clincher Wheels Pair
size/colour: Pr Whls Superleggera XL50 Cli Blk/Red 10 Shim
It says I can't have shimano 105 11speed and have to have a 10 speed Tiagra how come. Surely doing Ironman an 11 speed is better as I wont be the fittest or fastest and its all about comfort. Also whats this double or triple groupset.
I'd like comfort and the extra gears that someone just looking to get round will need, so what do I need thanks? I'd also like some 50mm aero wheels.
- Miche Primato Shimano-fit cassettes1 day 1 hour agoTin Pony wrote:Agree SRAMTin Pony wrote:
Agree SRAM could well be the answer you are looking for
I agree too, it was my original alternative, and i'd love one - if me numbers come in i'll be there in a second !
- Geraint Thomas wins E3 Harelebeke after solo attack1 day 1 hour agoIs this a sign that Sky are
Is this a sign that Sky are becoming a more rounded team rather than the USPS Tour win at all costs clones? I do hope so. Attacking is so much more fun than just riding on the front all day!
- Spring Classics 2015 - NonDispute1 day 1 hour agoI hear your pain guys..... In
I hear your pain guys..... In most of the stages this year I would have more points if they were given for crossing the line in A+E, and not the finish line...... The joys of cycling.....
- Paint yourself visible at night: Volvo develops new Life Paint for cyclists1 day 1 hour agoThe rub with reflective items
The rub with reflective items is the assumption that drivers have their headlights on, and the lights are functioning properly. Where I live, drivers with headlights off during dark hours or malfunctioning lights are fairly common.
- Women's races scoring issues1 day 1 hour agoAny fresh news on the scoring
Any fresh news on the scoring issues with women's races?
I'll continue making posts about this until i'm dignified with a reply.
- Scotland to get 'radical' cycle route investment to create 500 miles of new trails1 day 1 hour agothe intent is there...to
the intent is there...to placate the cycling community! this spending, this pittance amount of money is just TOURIST routes to get TOURIST money in.
does nothing for day to day commuter cyclists - making that SAFE and EASY and DIRECT should be the priority...
no new cycle parking spaces near major bus routes or train routes, no new designated cycle paths to keep us of busy A roads, NOTHING like that.
- Miche Primato Shimano-fit cassettes1 day 1 hour agosrchar wrote:What size aresrchar wrote:
What size are your chainrings? If you want close ratios but lower overall gearing, that's what I'd be looking to change. Either from a double to a compact or, if you already have a compact, something smaller (Spa Cycles sell a compact with a 33t inner ring)... or even a triple (sorry!)
The near perfect rear cassette for me is a 12-30, which Shimano and SRAM do for 10-speed but not 11-speed - 32 is fine for really long / pretty steep climbs in the saddle but the jump between 28 and 32 on the 11-speeds is a big of a pig and mostly I don't need a 32. Campagnolo do some great ratios but although they'd work fine with the Shimano 11-speed drive train that's a lot of expense for a 'nice to have' (which is what this comes down really). SRAM do one IIRC, but for about the same price as a hack winter bike.
I've had a triple in the past and not keen to go back at the moment, but i'm fighting permanent thigh injury and increasingly knee and age bother so might head back there one day... just not yet
Already on a compact but hadn't thought about a lower inner - good plan, i'll investigate that, thanks. I have a 34T Q-ring inner thinking about it, I might try that and see if it helps....
- Miche Primato Shimano-fit cassettes1 day 2 hours agoBeefy wrote:Sram cassettesBeefy wrote:
Sram cassettes work great as an alternative to shimno, great 10 speed climing ratio
Alas i'm after a 11-speed Beefy, I had a 12-30 10-speed Shimano on the old bike which was spot on. SRAM do do an 11-speed 11-30, which would be grand too but it's silly expensive. If I find one on eBay for a bargain i'd go for it in a shot.
- Miche Primato Shimano-fit cassettes1 day 2 hours agoAgree SRAM could well be the
Agree SRAM could well be the answer you are looking for
- Scotland to get 'radical' cycle route investment to create 500 miles of new trails1 day 2 hours agoIt's easy to criticise
It's easy to criticise anything but at least the intent is there to make improved infastructure and safety tha should I turn improve participation which will feed into the political pressure to do more. It's a start at least
- Paint yourself visible at night: Volvo develops new Life Paint for cyclists1 day 2 hours agoFluffyKittenoff? What are
FluffyKittenoff? What are you on about? You disagree with an opinion and you start throwing comments like that about? Seriously learn to express you opinions inoffensively.
- Paint yourself visible at night: Volvo develops new Life Paint for cyclists1 day 2 hours agoI think whilst this is isn't
I think whilst this is isn't perfect you've got to welcome it as an innovative, fun, safe, functional product. That will doubtless play its part in keeping us all safer. Good job Volvo you've take responsibility for your vehicles. Those pesky swedes always seem to be one step ahead of everyone lol