- Team GB cyclists choose Surrey as their London 2012 base2 years 17 weeks agoWill be interesting to see
Will be interesting to see what local motorists make of teams on the road.
"Single file, you lawbreaking idiots!"
Use of a support vehicle:
"Sod this, I'll move into the oncoming traffic and put my foot down!"
On the flip side, riders from across the rest of Europe may be in for a surprise when they see how cyclists are sometimes viewed by other road users in the UK.
- Bikes with bell attached law to be scrapped after DfT Red Tape Challenge2 years 17 weeks agoI've a very nice classic
I've a very nice classic metal brrring bell, yet when I bought a new bike, I was given an far inferior plasticky one. So that's gone. Losing the requirement for bells on bikes when sold will mainly hurt makers of cheap rubbish bells and I won't mourn it.
I'm suprised that the similar pedal reflectors rule doesn't seem to be on the list. The effect of that rule is bikes sold without pedals, which is daft and a nuisance.
- What size for CAAD10 - There is no bike shop with a 58 or 60 sized bike around2 years 17 weeks agoWhat are the top tube lengths
What are the top tube lengths of your other bikes?
I'm 186cm and ride a 58cm CAAD10.
You could ride either size but I think you need 60cm
Travel to a bike shop and sit?
I drove 150 miles to sit on two and ended
buying from the shop as they price matched
the Internet price and saved delivery costs.
Saves hassle of returning the wrong sized bike.
(Cheers Drakes cycles!)
- Bikes with bell attached law to be scrapped after DfT Red Tape Challenge2 years 17 weeks agoMy wife's bike is the only
My wife's bike is the only one in the family fleet with a bell. There were bells fitted to the BMXs my kids have but these had to be removed for competition requirements. I think we still have a couple in the cellar somewhere. I tend to shout "ding ding" as well and it can get a laugh - works too.
- Increase leg speed (max cadence)2 years 17 weeks ago90 rpm cruising then 110 for
90 rpm cruising then 110 for short blasts.
180+ is pretty dam good for sprints. But that's 3 revolutions per second. Are you going for
Endurance or sprints?
- Bike Hub cyclists' GPS app updated 'by Christmas'2 years 17 weeks agoLooks good.
Off to the App
Off to the App store
- Increase leg speed (max cadence)2 years 17 weeks agoFixed gears, shorter cranks
Fixed gears, shorter cranks and a turbo trainer or rollers will see me good for 240rpm plus - it starts getting a bit blurry after that! It's quite tricky to set up many spin bikes like a road bike too - Q-factor if often way too big and the big squishy saddle just causes you to bounce more IME.
- Bikes with bell attached law to be scrapped after DfT Red Tape Challenge2 years 17 weeks agoMaybe I'm just cynical, but
Maybe I'm just cynical, but to me this sounds like some one trying to shave off more of the cost of making a bike, and then charging for the non existant bell anyway.
Having seen bike shops across Europe, it amazes me how in the UK we have to buy bikes that don't come with lights and mudguards fitted. These I think in most of Europe are mandatory.
I enjoy having a bell. I've a big brass one which is great for letting people on shared facilities know that there's a bike approaching. I've also got an airzound too. That's great to let car drivers know you're around.
- Bike Hub cyclists' GPS app updated 'by Christmas'2 years 17 weeks agoPlease release a windows
Please release a windows phone version..
- Britain's cycling organisations and businesses come together to launch Summer of Cycling2 years 17 weeks agoNIce to see all the (24!!)
NIce to see all the (24!!) groups coming together and having a positive outcome...
Wonder if would ever see BC, CTC , CTT and so on ever agreeing to join forces and merge for the good of the sport & cycling as a whole..
..just think of all the salaries that could be saved
- Mark Cavendish insists "cycling is the cleanest sport around"2 years 18 weeks agoHey Guys ...... its on
Hey Guys ...... its on youtube at this link ........
Enjoy. Its awesome ...... he is sooooo straightforward and honest. SUCH a refreshing change
- gearmechhanger2 years 18 weeks agoit's not gone so well on the
it's not gone so well on the road.cc sister site singletrackworld.com, that's for sure
- Bikes with bell attached law to be scrapped after DfT Red Tape Challenge2 years 18 weeks agoWe just got one of these sent
We just got one of these sent in:
holy cow it's loud
- gearmechhanger2 years 18 weeks agobut you do sell gear mech
but you do sell gear mech hangers, right?
how's that going?
- Increase leg speed (max cadence)2 years 18 weeks ago180-225? Hmmmm fine for a
180-225? Hmmmm fine for a short stint but a thats not spinning in my opinion, thats just an interval you add to your spinning
For instance, i've just come back from the local gym, first time i've been there is 7 years, i just fancied a swim and a couple of mates were going
Jumped on one of their bikes, did interval's for an hour, highest rpm i got was 147 and my average over the hour was 88, quite happy with that, but was glad to hit the pool
- Pedals - baulking the trend?2 years 18 weeks agoAlthough the link Fringe
Although the link Fringe provided has a caveat at the beginning, I wondered why, if they're not addressing 'serious' or race-oriented riders, why spend so much time on the subject? If people aren't that fussed then they surely won't care.
For those determined and keen enough here's an extract from Graeme Obree's book about pedalling:
- Bikes with bell attached law to be scrapped after DfT Red Tape Challenge2 years 18 weeks agoI tend to either whistle
I tend to either whistle "trumpet voluntary" or I call out "Ding Ding", this usually gets a smile and/or a laugh.
- Bikes with bell attached law to be scrapped after DfT Red Tape Challenge2 years 18 weeks agoScrap the bell? - then how do
Scrap the bell? - then how do we warn pedestrians of our presence?? A shout is rude I think. I have my bell by the hood of my rear brake. No worries of getting to it. If I have to stop suddenly the bell ceases to be an option. Trying to figure out when it became uncool to have a bell!!
I agree with some of the other red tape being sorted. Better guidence regards lights is good as is sorting out road racing and cycle tracks. Looks promising and offers a few interesting threads.
- F/S Mavic Aksium Race Wheelset.2 years 18 weeks agoHi Monte,
No problems -
No problems - you're welcome. I have dropped you a PM with contact details also.
- Increase leg speed (max cadence)2 years 18 weeks ago225? Jeez...I'm impressed, I
225? Jeez...I'm impressed, I can't imagine that fast
- Depression and cycling2 years 18 weeks agoRight, got the linky. Guest
- Increase leg speed (max cadence)2 years 18 weeks agoget a fixed gear with a low
get a fixed gear with a low 'gear', say 63, or lower and ride down some big hills..
- Newbie on a turbo trainer2 years 18 weeks agoTurbo training is boring...if
Turbo training is boring...if you train like
Just kidding, add music and cycle video?
- Cycle campaigners in Newcastle call for safer streets to help get families cycling2 years 18 weeks agowhy restrict it to one
why restrict it to one (rather affluent) area of Newcastle?
- Can anyone figure out how Google+ works?2 years 18 weeks agoRather stick to FB!
Rather stick to FB!