- Trek Domane 4.3 compo - we have a winner!1 year 48 weeks agoI can be Jenny if it helps me
I can be Jenny if it helps me win a bike
- Trek Domane 4.3 compo - we have a winner!1 year 48 weeks ago"Closet Jennys' should
"Closet Jennys' should totally be your band name, DA.
Congratulations to the real Jenny! And thanks to the rest of you for entering!
- Melbourne cyclists plan protest against Australia's compulsory helmet laws1 year 48 weeks ago"Then Sakurahinmachi, I
"Then Sakurahinmachi, I suggest you read the material on the Bicyel Helmet Research Foundation website.
See their presentations on the fall in cycle usage in these pages: http://www.cyclehelmets.org/1194.html and http://www.cycle-helmets.com/cycling-1985-2011.html."
Actually, that is the study I was referring to - and you'll note that they carefully state that the only measured effect was on teenagers. Problem is the study itself: small sample size, small time period, but very large assumptions being drawn, globally, on the basis of one far from authoritative study.
- Armstrong lawyer goes on offensive against USADA ahead of agency's report to UCI1 year 48 weeks agoSeriously? They're
Seriously? They're insinuating that USADA is pursuing Armstrong for doping because Big Tobacco wants him neutralised?
That's an interesting theory. On the face of it it's less plausible than the idea that a successful cyclist doped at the height of the EPO era, but no doubt they'll be presenting the evidence for this conspiracy at the arbitration at which Armstrong will attempt to clear his name. Oh.
- Team Sky confirms it will no longer work with Dutch doctor Geert Leinders1 year 48 weeks agoGood. Well done.
Good. Well done.
- Hill climbing, I'm getting used to this...1 year 48 weeks agojezzzer wrote:Simon Ejezzzer wrote:Simon E wrote:
I'm 62kg, not sure losing a bit more would make much difference.
good grief. hillclimbers are like fecking jockeys!
AGREE!!! I'm aiming for 73kg @ 6', currently about 77kg.
- Armstrong lawyer goes on offensive against USADA ahead of agency's report to UCI1 year 48 weeks agoQuote:"This reasoned decisionQuote:
"This reasoned decision will be a farce, written by USADA with the significant assistance of lawyers from one of Big Tobacco's favorite law firms at a time when Lance Armstrong is one of America's leading anti-tobacco advocates," stated Herman. "While USADA can put lipstick on a pig, it still remains a pig."
So would Mr Herman like to list all of his clients throughout his entire career history of being a lawyer as well as those of his firm?
People in glasshouses should STFU.
- Hill climbing, I'm getting used to this...1 year 48 weeks ago@thnurg Start is at the car
@thnurg Start is at the car park entrance, the finish just before the T-junction at the Sheriffmuir Road. It's a good hill to train on!
@Strathlubnaig Not going to do Kingscavil, I thought about it but I fancy a few hours on the bike with the club instead of 10mins. A young family means I have to pick and choose carefully what I'm going to do and a long ride will take the same amount of time as a hillclimb by the time I drive there, wait around, warm up, ride, drive home. Why didn't I discover cycling pre-kids?!?!
- Trek Domane 4.3 compo - we have a winner!1 year 48 weeks agoAny more closet jennys out
Any more closet jennys out there?
- Cake Stop Bike Locks1 year 48 weeks agoIf you've got space i can
If you've got space i can recommend one of these: http://road.cc/content/review/34832-abus-granit-futura-mini-u-lock
not everyone will have room for one but it's a great lock if you've got a big saddlebag. it'll fit in a jersey pocket too if your jersey isn't too stratchy
- Trek Domane 4.3 compo - we have a winner!1 year 48 weeks agoI'm Jenny from Purley!
I'm Jenny from Purley! Where's my bike?
- Beijing Stage 21 year 48 weeks agoGC :-
1 Tony MARTIN Germany
1 Tony MARTIN Germany OPQ 27 5:30:44
2 Francesco GAVAZZI Italy AST 28 +50
3 Eros CAPECCHI Italy LIQ 26 +52
4 Edvald BOASSON HAGEN Norway SKY 25 +56
5 Rinaldo NOCENTINI Italy ALM 35 +56
6 Daniel MARTIN Ireland GRS 26 +56
7 Tomasz MARCZYNSKI Poland VCD 28 +56
8 Rafal MAJKA Poland STB 23 +56
9 Tim WELLENS Belgium LTB 21 +1:00
10 Rui Alberto FARIA DA COSTA Portugal MOV 26 +1:00
- Beijing Stage 21 year 48 weeks ago11 Jan BAKELANTS BEL RNT
11 Jan BAKELANTS BEL RNT 26 +50
12 Ryder HESJEDAL CAN GRS 32 +50
13 Moreno MOSER ITA LIQ 22 +50
14 Tanel KANGERT EST AST 25 +50
15 Rui Alberto FARIA DA COSTA POR MOV 26 +50
16 Tim WELLENS BEL LTB 21 +50
17 Jean-Christophe PERAUD FRA ALM 35 +50
18 Ivan VELASCO MURILLO ESP EUS 32 +50
19 Samuel SANCHEZ GONZALEZ ESP EUS 34 +50
20 Steven KRUIJSWIJK NED RAB 25 +50
21 Mathias FRANK SUI BMC 26 +50
22 Edvald BOASSON HAGEN NOR SKY 25 +50
- Rise of video cyclist's1 year 48 weeks agoMaybe he could wear a
Maybe he could wear a superhero outfit? "Thank you Superhorn; you saved my dog from an evil cyclist!"
- Beijing Stage 21 year 48 weeks ago5th and 10th, EBH must have
5th and 10th, EBH must have been in the top 20 too I think based on his GC position
4 transfers for tomorrow though
- Beijing Stage 21 year 48 weeks agoI had Nocentini(4th), looked
I had Nocentini(4th), looked at a couple of the top 10 last night. Went Ryder(12th) over Dan Martin who took KOM today.
- Beijing Stage 21 year 48 weeks agoNot convinced many of us saw
Not convinced many of us saw that coming! I have Slagter but nowt else.
- London cyclist completes John O'Groats to Land's End on a Boris Bike1 year 48 weeks agoas far as anyone knows is
as far as anyone knows is that the first ever LEJOG on a Boris bike ? Quite fancy a go at that myself , must be possible to go sub 10 days ???
- Beijing Stage 21 year 48 weeks ago1 Tony MARTIN GER OPQ 27
1 Tony MARTIN GER OPQ 27 2:53:05
2 Francesco GAVAZZI ITA AST 28 +48
3 Eros CAPECCHI ITA LIQ 26 +48
4 Rinaldo NOCENTINI ITA ALM 35 +48
5 Tomasz MARCZYNSKI POL VCD 28 +48
6 Daniel MARTIN IRL GRS 26 +48
7 Tom Jelte SLAGTER NED RAB 23 +48
8 Rafal MAJKA POL STB 23 +48
9 David TANNER AUS STB 28 +50
10 Simon CLARKE AUS OGE 26 +50
- Lucy Garner fulfils Dutch dream as she joins Argos-Shimano1 year 48 weeks agoGood luck to her - I notice
Good luck to her - I notice things have quietened down about rumours of a UK based women's team.
- Paul Kimmage on Twitter1 year 48 weeks agoI don't think anyone can be
I don't think anyone can be above suspicion in pro cycling, in any pro sport for that matter - such is the legacy of years of doping.
Team Sky's transparency, or lack of it, must be a very difficult one for Brailsford et al to manage. I think one of the big problems is that they employ so many innovations - technical, psychological, nutritional and in training that if they were 100% open about how they won the tour, all their competitors would be given the ammo to catch up. It's the same reason why we don't see the bio passports of the riders, and why riders don't generally share their power/HR stats on Strava etc.
So with this being accepted, how do Sky prove they're not doping? Such is the legacy of people like Armstrong that the burden of proof of innocence is on the teams and riders. They're really caught between a rock and a hard place.
- AG2R's Steve Houanard provisionally suspended after testing positive for EPO1 year 48 weeks agoGood timing for UCI, now able
Good timing for UCI, now able to make a strong anti drug stance by hanging their hat on a no hoper.
- Transport Secretary Patrick McLoughlin says cyclists must "do their bit" on road safety1 year 48 weeks agoQuote:lso about gettingQuote:
lso about getting cyclists to do their bit too.
I guess that means helping the police and getting a shotgun to deal with crap driving....
- Hill climbing, I'm getting used to this...1 year 48 weeks agoI'm guessing that the
I'm guessing that the official finish is at the junction with Sherrifmuir Road? Where's the official start? At the Kirk? I sometimes do this hill during my lunch break so would like to try timing myself on the course. I'll be happy if I beat 10 minutes.
- Hill climbing, I'm getting used to this...1 year 48 weeks agoI was supposed to be offshore
I was supposed to be offshore so never signed up for Kingscavil, but I did the Dundee Abernyte climb last weekend, a 3.5km route, with a flat almost slight down hill section in the middle, after an initial steep couple of switchbacks, then the last 1500m is a deceptively long and steep ramp which really tested the guns. It's a 200m ascent all in.
Took me 13min the winner was 10:34
Good luck if you are doing the comp this weekend.