- Just in: Cannondale SuperSix 1053 years 3 weeks agoLooks like loads of ankle
Looks like loads of ankle clearance on that chainset. I wonder when Shimano or Campagnolo will start making BB30 chainsets.
- Milan Cycle show 2010: Colnago, Cinelli, Montante, Passoni, Scapin, iZero, Ducati, Dark Horse+ more3 years 3 weeks agoYou've got a picture of a
You've got a picture of a Viner Maxima RS at the top, no mention of it at all in the text. Any reason for that?
Odd claim that monocoque construction is 'more advanced' than lugged- Colnago for one might disagree. Different, yes, but each construction method has pros and cons.
- Just in: Cannondale SuperSix 1053 years 3 weeks agoso THAT'S how you get the
so THAT'S how you get the bikes to stand up magically - a piece of bamboo cane
- Just in: Cannondale SuperSix 1053 years 3 weeks agoLooks like really good value
Looks like really good value for such a quality frame. But with a 56cm effective head tube, surely the handling is a bit unwieldy?!
- Updated: Hampshire Constabulary launch lo-viz cyclist crackdown3 years 3 weeks agoI'm all for cyclists being
I'm all for cyclists being seen and I cant believe how many risk their lives as dark shadows in the night. If old bill wants to give me free goodies that help I'll take them and use them. But when I so nearly got sideswiped at a junction recently in broad daylight with my new led lights flashing brightly I give up. Motorists must switch the daylights off and start using their eyes and until they do we remain at risk and there's nothing we can do.
- Police should focus on bad driving, not handing out hi-viz gear to cyclists, says CTC3 years 3 weeks agoAll road users should be
All road users should be actively looking for each other.
A preponderance of hi-viz clothing simply means that the other road users will tend to look less carefully - a big increase in the use of hi-viz may well make the roads less safe (as Roger says there isn't any real evidence either way)
- Just in: Charge Mixer Alfine 11-Spd3 years 3 weeks ago11 speeds at 1 finger without
11 speeds at 1 finger without clanky dangly bits and too much chain all on looking bike too - perfect !! want one now
- "Who's online"3 years 3 weeks agoLike ⇧
- New iPhone app lets you listen to music while letting in background noise (+ video)3 years 3 weeks agoUnless it is set to the noise
Unless it is set to the noise level of a Campagnolo freehub I can't see how it will make much difference.
Or commuter cyclists all start using Airzounds.
- What are you listening to this week?3 years 3 weeks agoChristy Moore - went to
Christy Moore - went to London Town to see him last Saturday. Also a lot of US alt country stuff, Ryan Adams. Whiskeytown, Josh Rouse, Pernice Bros, Remy Zero, Clem Snide etc.
Great not being at work but minor injury means I have even more time at home.
- Councillors want funding for cycling and walking cut from Mersey Transport Plan3 years 3 weeks ago"People in Hamburg ... make
"People in Hamburg ... make significantly more trips by public transport and bike" - perhaps the Knowseley councillors should contact their opposite numbers in Hamburg to find out what they do to encourage this.
- Milan Cycle show 2010: Colnago, Cinelli, Montante, Passoni, Scapin, iZero, Ducati, Dark Horse+ more3 years 3 weeks agoeye, very curious name for a
eye, very curious name for a bike, seeing as they once made one called 'starship' which was a great name for a bike.
(if you could ride it fast enough that is)
- Police should focus on bad driving, not handing out hi-viz gear to cyclists, says CTC3 years 3 weeks agoMaking cycling part of the
Making cycling part of the driving test is never going to happen because it discriminates against those unable to ride a bike. What needs to happen is for drivers to take responsibility for their actions behind the wheel of a car. The nation has removed the link between breaking traffic laws and any kind of criminality. Repercussion for breaking the laws are not an efficient deterrent so most road users carry on their merry way not paying attention, changing radio stations, on the phone, running red lights, speeding...and so on.
How you get the link back is beyond me. I believe that punishment should be sufficient as to force people into taking more care. Make them scared of getting it wrong. Take this absurd and extreme example. If I placed two of your loved ones 6 metres apart and asked you to fire a handgun at a target between them, would you turn off your phone and the radio?
No electable politician is ever going to try though. The Car is King and in this instance at least, the Monarchy is still all powerful.
- Milan Cycle show 2010: Colnago, Cinelli, Montante, Passoni, Scapin, iZero, Ducati, Dark Horse+ more3 years 3 weeks ago"Another looker, and on looks
"Another looker, and on looks alone my favourite bike of the show was the Cinelli Pro Best Of… which should also get some sort of prize for off the wall naming."
Very curious name, especially given that in France and Italy the phrase "Best Of..." was coined by McDonald's for its meal ranges, although I have noticed usage of the term creep into other areas too
Back to McDo's (as the French call Maccy D's), in Paris, for instance, you'd ask for a "Menu Best of Big Mac" instead of a "Big Mac Meal."
Or "Menu Best of Royale With Cheese," if that's your thing - they have the metric system there, they wouldn't know what the f*** a Quarter Pounder is, as the man once said...
- "Who's online"3 years 3 weeks agoperhaps some really basic
perhaps some really basic games - such as pin the hat on the oli?
- Breaking News: "Minor injuries", bike written off, as Chris Newton hit by car3 years 3 weeks agoI'm just fed up
I'm just fed up http://road.cc/sites/all/modules/smileys/packs/Yahoo!/angry.gif with this hit and run mentality that seems to be increasing (hoping its just better reporting but I'm not convinced). Sincerely wish Chris all the best for a fast recovery. My next stop is a helmet camera web site for an early Christmas present (to myself!) http://road.cc/sites/all/modules/smileys/packs/Yahoo!/thinking.gif
- Police should focus on bad driving, not handing out hi-viz gear to cyclists, says CTC3 years 3 weeks agoI wear hi viz clothing. Even
I wear hi viz clothing. Even wearing hi viz, people in cars have been unable to see me. The reason for this is that most drivers don't think to look out for cyclists.
In other European countries where more people cycle and drive, there isn't such a great need to wear bright clothing as drivers are aware of cyclists.
I do drive myself, and believe that the answer is to educate people while learing to drive. Perhaps to make cycling as part of the driving test. If drivers are more aware of cycling then we will be more likely to be seen.
- Police should focus on bad driving, not handing out hi-viz gear to cyclists, says CTC3 years 3 weeks ago…but not as miniscule as the
…but not as miniscule as the harm done by cyclists + part of the point here is that the police are stopping riders who are complying with the law because they aren't decked out in fluoro yellow - which is the equivalent of stopping the drivers of roadworthy, taxed, and MoT'd dark-coloured cars.
- Police should focus on bad driving, not handing out hi-viz gear to cyclists, says CTC3 years 3 weeks agoThe time and resources that
The time and resources that the police put into operations like this are miniscule compared with their efforts to deal with errant motorists. Complaining about it is spookily similar to the traditional motorists complaint of 'stop hassling us and catch real criminals'...
- Police should focus on bad driving, not handing out hi-viz gear to cyclists, says CTC3 years 3 weeks ago“The police should spend
“The police should spend their time tackling the root causes of the hazards cyclists face, notably bad driving.”
Absolutely. I wear hi-viz when commuting and still get drivers not seeing me, and doing something dangerous.
I think the handouts are mainly about getting some coverage in the local paper.
Having said that if the Met Police wanted to give me a new Hi-Viz rucksack cover I wouldn't say no.
- road.cc's cycling T-shirt round up… just in time for Christmas3 years 3 weeks agoStraight outta Brompton
Straight outta Brompton available from Spreadshirt
- Bragging 'n' Trying not to lie3 years 3 weeks agoBBB you say, I'll have a
BBB you say, I'll have a look-cheers
- Police should focus on bad driving, not handing out hi-viz gear to cyclists, says CTC3 years 3 weeks ago“Many of these collisions
“Many of these collisions will be motorists emerging or crossing into the path of cyclists...”
- precisely why the police should spend their time 'tackling the root causes of the hazards cyclists face, notably bad driving' - like failing to look and/or stop at roundabouts and junctions.
- Verging On The Odd3 years 3 weeks agoAn illiterate reminder to
An illiterate reminder to make an appointment?
- Bragging 'n' Trying not to lie3 years 3 weeks agoBBB Skyscrapers come in 26mm
BBB Skyscrapers come in 26mm but only in black and I guess your trusty Kalloy is silver.
Is Coventry ready for the Midlands version of the world naked bike ride?