- cheap 100% waterproof gloves2 years 14 weeks agohahaha I won't wear pink
hahaha I won't wear pink clothing on the bike as I cycle on my own a lot and don't want to be identified from a distance as a woman (woman on her own). I mean it's fairly obvious in other ways I guess (I hope!) but it's just a little extra security thing
- No GLA debate on killer junctions & cycling safety as London's Tories stage 2nd walkout in 6 months2 years 14 weeks agoStrap on a pair and DO YOUR
Strap on a pair and DO YOUR JOB.
oh they're doing their "job", you don't think the electorate actually matter do you?
- BeOne Raw Carbon Frame2 years 14 weeks agoI built one of these up in
I built one of these up in August (see pic) and am delighted with it, looks great, nicely finished, near enough meets claimed weight (1280gm including fork). I was happy with the £900 I paid (still am)so the latest price at crc is excellent
- Repealing compulsory helmet laws could double number of cyclists in Sydney, says academic2 years 14 weeks agoWhat about little decals for
What about little decals for the top tube along with said shotgun, saves carving notches in the top tube for every vehicle we take out Could have a wee league going on as well.
- No GLA debate on killer junctions & cycling safety as London's Tories stage 2nd walkout in 6 months2 years 14 weeks agoUnbelievable... In what way
Unbelievable... In what way do these elected officials think that they are serving the electorate and their families by buggering off to the pub when they feel like there's a tough meeting coming up. It sounds to me like they were advised not to take part - either for political or legal reasons.
Strap on a pair and DO YOUR JOB.
- Inside Campagnolo2 years 14 weeks agoCampag no1, end of! Great
Campag no1, end of! Great read and pics!
- Updated: Add your cycling events to the road.cc calendar!2 years 14 weeks agoFantastic, we've just added 2
Fantastic, we've just added 2 events - as a new amateur racing team it's brilliant to get our events noticed
- bamboo bike2 years 14 weeks agoIt's 'Calfee' not 'Calfree'.
It's 'Calfee' not 'Calfree'.
- Giro Savant helmet2 years 14 weeks agoYou could buy that man a
You could buy that man a razor with the money you'd save.
- FSA Mega Exo BB-8000 bottom bracket2 years 14 weeks agoIt's done exactly what you
It's done exactly what you asked of it and it's competitively priced so why only give it 3.5 stars? I'm not sure you can mark it down so much just because the bearings are replaceable. If you knew how long it will last before they go, then I guess you could make a judgement on value for money/environmental credentials but as it's still 'going strong' I'm not sure that's fair.
Personally, it's one mark off for the funny colour
- bamboo bike2 years 14 weeks agohi thanks for your reply the
hi thanks for your reply the best way to manufacture the frames is to use ali or ti bb, dropouts and head tube the the bamboo tubes are then mitred tacked and then wrapped in either carbon as boo bikes do or calfree uses hemp,i am sourcing uk grown bamboo,i have also sourced a low petroleum based epoxy resin,i also intend experimenting with the hemp/flax to wrap the joints,i built a frame about 3 years ago but my interest was awoken when seeing a boo bike in a magazine,its a very long process to even get to where i am,sourcing components to build a cost effective bike has been one of the hardest things,i have a test frame nearly completed which intend to have ridden as hard as possible the next step is to get frames saftey certificated but as i said previously its not really about the money aspect more about the build process and hopefully getting more people riding bikes and from this point of view bamboo frames/bikes have a curosity value
- No GLA debate on killer junctions & cycling safety as London's Tories stage 2nd walkout in 6 months2 years 14 weeks ago*sigh*
Following the June
Following the June walkout Andrew Boff (con) claimed that "the walkout does not... put cyclists at risk."
This time he says it has "nothing to do with cycling."
Sadly the timing of both walkouts belies these claims. Even if it was "item 6" which led to the walkout could the disruption not have been kept solely to this item of the agenda? (N.B. Andrew Boff's link to the agenda is broken, does anyone know what "item 6" is?)
- Hopes of Olympic gold dashed: Sarah Storey announces British Cycling have dropped her from team pursuit squad2 years 14 weeks ago' guess if I met Sarah or saw
' guess if I met Sarah or saw her interviewed I might think she was quite nice. But I have to say competing in the Olympics and Paralympics (or aiming to) is IMHO nothing short or greed for glory.'
Sarah was guest of honour at our club presentation night, Bolton clarion cycling club, a small but enthusiastic club, had you been there I swear you would have been charmed off your feet. Attending and enjoying our humble event can hardly be described as hunting for 'greed and glory' Along with Barney, her husband, she fully engaged all present affording us the best presentation night we have ever had in our one hundred and fifteen year history.
- Giro Savant helmet2 years 14 weeks ago£59.99 is the RRP, which is
£59.99 is the RRP, which is what we base our value judgements on in reviews. Even at that price, it gets a 10
- bamboo bike2 years 14 weeks agoThere is no doubt that
There is no doubt that companies make big mark up's on bikes, i would say none more than road bike manufacture's
Another link to have a look at would be http://www.bamboobike.org/Home.html They run course's in New York (i think) on how to build a bamboo bike and once build it gets sent to Africa
One other thing, Are you making the whole frame from bamboo or using lugs and other things from a normal frame?
Just wondered because this frame caught my eye and i thought i would ride one of those just because its different, not for any other reason
- Giro Savant helmet2 years 14 weeks agoI don't know if your
I don't know if your factoring in shipping for the £59.99 but it can be found cheaper than that
^^ £37.97 free postage
- No GLA debate on killer junctions & cycling safety as London's Tories stage 2nd walkout in 6 months2 years 14 weeks agoWhat a bunch of anchors.
What a bunch of anchors.
More flashrides, please.
- Repealing compulsory helmet laws could double number of cyclists in Sydney, says academic2 years 14 weeks agoSimon E wrote:0liverSimon E wrote:0liver wrote:Simon E wrote:
If every cyclist carried a firearm then drivers would be much more careful!
Ah the old shotgun attached to top tube solution. And rack for the peasants presumably...
I've corrected your spelling mistake.
Personally I'd prefer thumbscrews, more portable. Unless you have a folding rack.
- bamboo bike2 years 14 weeks agoThank you for the feed back i
Thank you for the feed back i agree that not all frames and frame materials suit all people,i think the positive thing about bamboo is the enviromental aspects but also most people with a little know how can build one even to a high standard,maybe the bike you rode was not the right geometry for you,bamboo is not radicaly different to other materials,this is not about making money as the bmx bikes i built was not about money just highlighting the huge profits bicycle companies/brands make at the expense of the paying public,bamboo frame building is a learning curve like any other manufacturing process,how good i am is down to the people that i hope will ride one of my frames,i appreciate the feedback and links
- Hopes of Olympic gold dashed: Sarah Storey announces British Cycling have dropped her from team pursuit squad2 years 14 weeks agoI hate to be a miserable git
I hate to be a miserable git about this,it isn't something I aspire to.
It must be totally galling to help a team to win and then be dropped from the final team selection, this I understand and sympathise.
What I am unhappy about, and have said so before, is athletes competing in both able bodied and disable bodied sports and events. In my book if your disability is such that you can compete on a comparable level to an able bodied athlete, then that is where you should compete. If you can't compete at that level but can at disabled level then that is where you should be competing.
I guess if I met Sarah or saw her interviewed I might think she was quite nice. But I have to say competing in the Olympics and Paralympics (or aiming to) is IMHO nothing short or greed for glory. This isn't aimed at Sarah, just a responce to this story I'm pretty sure that there are many others the world over who are trying to do the same thing. The IOC are culpable in this. There should be a very simple rule. If you intend to compete as an able bodied athlete in any event you are automatically excluded from disabled competion whether the same event or not.
In my book it's up there with a certain English road cyclist who was on a british team who competed in the 87 Tour De France. After his professional career had been over he competed in the first 24hr MTB race, not only as an amatuer, which is reasonable, but I believe in the Novice category. He won, surprised or what. The satisfaction must have been uplifting.
- Omega Pharma - Quick-Step kit 20122 years 14 weeks agoseabass89 wrote:
Oh, wait..seabass89 wrote:
Oh, wait.. GreenEdge
The Chinese fake websites have spoken and they think Greenedge is going to be white...
Subtle changes to Vacansoleil, but still a top jersey
- Radioshack Nissan Trek2 years 14 weeks agointeresting...
Their kit is
Their kit is awful by the way
- For Sale 105 groupset 5600 10 speed including pictures2 years 14 weeks agoHi Karl,
Thanks for checking,
Thanks for checking, I am going to pass on it though.
- Radioshack Nissan Trek2 years 14 weeks ago@jimmy the cuckoo - think
@jimmy the cuckoo - think he's gone to Omega Pharma as well
- Adding events to the listings on road cc2 years 14 weeks agoand very lovely it is
and very lovely it is too.
Well done Dave