- Kuurne-Bruxelles-Kuurne practise game2 years 7 weeks agoSo we can assume he is happy
So we can assume he is happy with the squad and wants no transfers.
GVA is in a break away . . . not sure if he is at the point where he scores me extra points yet.
- London Crossrail bans unsafe lorries from its sites2 years 7 weeks agoChapeau to Crossrail. Is the
Chapeau to Crossrail. Is the tide turning at last? Where London leads will the rest of the UK follow?
- Security at home2 years 7 weeks agoIn another thread, there are
In another thread, there are some pretty nifty ways of keeping your bike inside, quite arty.
My 2 London bikes both live indoors, looking into finding a way to hang them up, and my other bikes are in a garage, under a Laser Hull.
Should keep them hidden
- Tri BIke Choice2 years 7 weeks agoWhy don't you get a road bike
Why don't you get a road bike and put those mini tri bars on, like they do in the Olympics?
Boardman Air 9.8?
That's what the Brownlee bros use.
And they're quite good
- Kuurne-Bruxelles-Kuurne practise game2 years 7 weeks agofour? i count five teams,
four? i count five teams, just nigsbrown hasn't posted
- Kuurne-Bruxelles-Kuurne practise game2 years 7 weeks agoOnly for of us today, better
Only for of us today, better get your socks on the race starts in 5 minutes
- FS Pair of unused Continental Ultra Race Folding Tyres 700x23c2 years 7 weeks agoYes, both.
- London Crossrail bans unsafe lorries from its sites2 years 7 weeks agoWell done Crossrail folk
Well done Crossrail folk
Now all you folks working in construction procurement, logistics and and supply chain industries can make a real positive impact by including cycle friendly initiatives like this into your nest contract tender conditions and continuous improvement measures along with other socially and environmentally useful stuff your doing .
- London Crossrail bans unsafe lorries from its sites2 years 7 weeks agoAV - Lowering the engine and
AV - Lowering the engine and gearbox of a construction truck would reduce the ground clearance. I go on a lot of construction sites and have driven across many, often in tipper trucks and on a few occasions I've been the one at the wheel. Reduced ground clearance would result in those trucks getting stuck.
hauling the muck out by train isn't a bad idea. The muckshifting operation is a major cost. But the lines into KX are very busy and disrupting them with freight trains would be an issue.
- New bike, new illness.2 years 7 weeks agoMy 3.1 arrived yesterday,
My 3.1 arrived yesterday, early, I'm so pleased!
Can't ride it today though gotta take the missus to the seaside!
- Security at home2 years 7 weeks agoSpeaking from experience I
Speaking from experience I have a really crap shed and about four years ago had four bikes stolen, resulting in a haul in the region of £6k+
The police obviously weren't interested and simply gave me a'crime number' to pass on to my insurers. I had all my bikes insured individually on top of the home contents, it didn't cost that much extra with the Halifax, and I have to say Halifax were brilliant and payed out in less than two weeks! Though they will only cough up for the original cost of the bikes, i.e. they will not cough up for any upgrades, and I'd spent thousands on upgrades for these bikes. I had a £300 shock on my MTB that I'd ridden once which I couldn't claim for, pretty gutting to be honest.
Anyway, it was foolish of me, I was very complacent. We live in a quiet cul-de-sac and there is no reason for anyone to come down here unless they live here. However, I think we were definitely targeted by a professional group of theives. They must have seen us coming and going with all kinds of bikes and the car on the drive with cycle carriers is a dead giveaway!
I now keep my bikes in the house which is a pain but I haven't got round to sorting the shed out yet. I may make that a project for this spring, install a ground anchor, get a shed bar and my Bro-in-law us a metal worker and said he could whip up some sort of cage also!
- SOLD* Two sets of Mavic wheels and one set brand new Gatorskins. ALL SOLD*2 years 7 weeks agoAll Sold
All Sold now.
- FS Pair of unused Continental Ultra Race Folding Tyres 700x23c2 years 7 weeks agoHi is that 27.50 for both?
Hi is that 27.50 for both?
- Kuurne-Bruxelles-Kuurne practise game2 years 7 weeks agoThe revised team:
The revised team:
Tom Boonen (OPQ) AR Value: 27.8 *
Andre Greipel (LOT) PC Value: 34.6
Greg van Avermaet (BMC) PC Value: 24.7
John Degenkolb (1T4) PC 25.4
Luca Paolini (KAT) DS Value: 10.5 *
Christopher Sutton (SKY) DS Value: 2.8 *
Kris Boeckmans (VCD) DS Value: 3.1
Kristof Goddaert (ALM) DS Value: 5.8
Bobbie Traksel (LAN) DS Value 7.5
Boonen, Paolini & Sutton remain for Omloop
Greipel, GVA, Degenkold, Boeckmans, Goddaert & Traksel the transfers
Wanted to keep Flecther, add Tyler Farrar and Arnaud Demare (just in case of a sprint finish) but don't have teams of 12 or budgets of 205 (well not since last year's giro)
- What's the best looking bike in the WorldTour? Vote for one in our expertly drawn up shortlist or nominate your own2 years 7 weeks agoWhen Garmin Barracuda break
When Garmin Barracuda break out the R5s then I will be in a very happy place!
- Security at home2 years 7 weeks agoObviously if you have a sh*te
Obviously if you have a sh*te shed dont bother with the shed bar and keep your bike in the house.
I went to the expense of buying a tongue and groove shed with individual planks to store my fishing gear in - the wife went nuts - but as said earlier my bike is in the garage.
- Looking for my first Sportive (Scotland)2 years 7 weeks agohttp://www.obree.com/sportive
50 miles or 70 miles. Great day out with all abilities.
40 minutes by train Glasgow to Ayr then 20 minutes on cyclepath from station to start point.
- London Crossrail bans unsafe lorries from its sites2 years 7 weeks agoGood news, justs sense that
Good news, justs sense that the tide might be turning slowly
- Looking for my first Sportive (Scotland)2 years 7 weeks agoNo, it is another road from
No, it is another road from Glen Lochay, reached from Killin, public road, single track of course, bit rough near the bottom, heads over to Glen Lyon and from there you can head back to Loch Tay side via the Lochan Na Larig road to make a pleasant 55km circuit, with 2 decent climbs.
Sorry for going off topic !
update...i was over that road again today, I think it may be a hydro road so not really fully public, still accessible for bikes though.
- i just orderd one of these!2 years 7 weeks agoyou could try these ...
you could try these ... http://m.bikeradar.com/gear/category/components/wheel-sets/product/mercu...
- Commuting2 years 7 weeks agoDone the survey, what are you
Done the survey, what are you making?
- theCOLLARBONE app - on a mission to bring top-notch cycling photography to the iPad2 years 7 weeks agoThe apps (and creators) that
The apps (and creators) that are worth paying for are the ones you'll value. Not just because you parted with money for it but because you decided it was worth something in the first place.
"For those of us who follow racing through the medium of television, it’s the frozen moment of action captured by the photographer that we see afterwards that often endures."
Absolutely. The still photograph will have its power tomorrow and in 50, 100 years time. It's a different power to that of moving images but IMHO no less valuable, and can tell a different story to that on video when showing the same event.
Some people may think GW is outdated but in the end his photos still tell stories. There is always room for new methods and new angles, and I appreciate seeing the sport from a variety of angles, but don't write off what I'd term (for lack of a better phrase) the 'money shots': those crucially important moments in telling the story of the event - when the winner crosses the finish line first or the decisive attack in a mountain stage. There's no merit in producing photos of pretty villages or the grupetto if what matters is happening 15km up the road.
- Commuting2 years 7 weeks agoDone. I hope it helps.
Done. I hope it helps.
My rural commutes are normally the best part of the day but muddy lanes or a driver cutting me up can take the shine off a bit.
- Kuurne-Bruxelles-Kuurne practise game2 years 7 weeks agoTom Boonen (OPQ) stays
Tom Boonen (OPQ) stays Boonen
Matti Breschel (RAB) stays Breschel
Greg van Avermaet (BMC tran 1 Farrar
Juan Antonio Flecha (SKY) tran 2 Greipel
Mathew Hayman (SKY) stays Hayman
Linus Gerdemann (RSN) tran 3 Demare
Martin Elmiger (ALM) trans 4 Blythe
Dominique Rollin (FDJ) trans 5 Kreder
Gustav Erik Larsson (VCD) trans 6 Sutton
hope that is fine
- Get to Know them, or Leave2 years 7 weeks agoHear hear, Hear Ye, Hear
Hear hear, Hear Ye, Hear Him.
Just a bit of Banter.