- DHB Merino long sleeve zipneck base layer2 years 51 weeks agoheh. given that it's a slim
heh. given that it's a slim fit, and made of stretchy Merino, i'd still wonder if a M wouldn't be a better fit. But I'll see if Mat can't wade in with his comments too...
- Rapha , Shutt Alternative ?? (Torm)2 years 51 weeks agoMiggers wrote:Buy one andMiggers wrote:
Buy one and compare with a Rapha jersey and make your own judgement. I did..
and that is..?
- UPDATED: Deadly weekend on roads for British cyclists2 years 51 weeks agoI think it's journalistic
I think it's journalistic neutrality that upsets us when we read articles like this, when we're all thinking, 'I bet it was the drivers fault!'
If we had 'strict liability', maybe the legal proceedings would be a lot simpler?
- DHB Merino long sleeve zipneck base layer2 years 51 weeks agoThanks, I am (70kg)
Thanks, I am (70kg)
- Rapha , Shutt Alternative ?? (Torm)2 years 51 weeks agoI chatted with Torm at the
I chatted with Torm at the show, they are very much 'inspired' by Rapha designs.. Buy one and compare with a Rapha jersey and make your own judgement. I did..
Interesting comparison with Colomba, I seem to remember them getting slapped wrist from Rapha in the past from over enthusiastic 'inspiration'?!
Love them or hate them Rapha do invest in R&D, do make great kit [scarves excepted] and put a lot of money back in to cycling.
I felt that Torm are out to make a quick buck.
- Chasing Legends Tour de France film set for UK screening + video trailer2 years 51 weeks agoNowhere near Oxford, sadly
Nowhere near Oxford, sadly
I suppose it's difficult to compare the prices to standard cinema tickets... it's a different animal to a Hollywood blockbuster, one-off event plus the Q&A feed, I don't imagine the costs of putting something like this on (and publicising it) are cheap and you have to factor in the risk of not selling all your tickets.
Of course, we're lucky when it comes to road cycling because events are free to spectate, I suppose if you look at ticket prices for the screening in the context of going to see even a non-Premier League football side it's a bargain.
- Fav stand @ Cycle Show2 years 51 weeks agoSo many to choose
So many to choose from...
Cooper Bikes I think did really well displaying their range to good effect in limited space, pics going up of that soon.
Campagnolo went for the museum display approach which seemed to be greeted with appropriate reverence by visitors.
I loved the entrance to the Merckx space with Pineau and Chavanel's custom painted TDF bikes, and the great man himself had an office area set up inside where he could hold court on the Thursday.
- Rapha , Shutt Alternative ?? (Torm)2 years 51 weeks agoI think they're being
I think they're being compared because they're making a stripey jersey out of Sportwool™ and knocking it out for £45. Sportwool™ is what Rapha use as well, and they're well noted for their stripey jerseys, but theirs cost quite a bit more.
There's plenty of discussions on road.cc already about the value, or otherwise, of Rapha's gear; the general feeling in the office is that it's great quality stuff, works well and is very nicely detailed, and if you want to buy it and you have the money then you won't be disappointed. Except for that scarf. Let's not pretend it's made of some magical exclusive material hand-stitched by virgins in a fairytale castle though, cause it isn't.
Let the great 'I love Rapha' vs 'I hate Rapha' discussion begin. Again.
- Rapha , Shutt Alternative ?? (Torm)2 years 51 weeks agoRapha stuff looks good right
Rapha stuff looks good right enough but take the shutt vr stuff, cheaper than rapha and really quite good too. Until road.cc have tested a torm top then we cant say its not as good.
On the face of it, the prices would suggest rapha is better than torm.
- Rapha , Shutt Alternative ?? (Torm)2 years 51 weeks agoWith Rapha it's not just a
With Rapha it's not just a stripey jersey you're buying. You're buying a good cut, good material, and good workmanship (plus, admittedly, an expensive marketing campaign). How is Torm being compared to Rapha? I haven't seen anyone comparing Colnago with Huffy just because the bikes look sort of similar. You get what you pay for in clothing as well as bikes! I don't think the guys at Rapha will be losing any sleep over this. It's Harvey Nicks vs. Poundstretcher!
- Updated - Contador's management threaten to sue media after latest doping allegations2 years 51 weeks agoDecster, having spoken to the
Decster, having spoken to the Humo journalist who, together with a colleague, broke the story, I can assure you it is NOT a spoof.
The magazine is very well known in Belgium,is part of a large international publishing concern and clearly does serious investigative journalism. They also ran an earlier story about Contador's chef allegedly lying about the provenance of the "tainted" beef.
He had apparently told a Spanish journalist - before the positive test result was known - that the meat was bought in Pau market. The story as we now hear it, is that the cuts of beef are supposed to have been purchased in Spain and transported across the border.
- Rapha , Shutt Alternative ?? (Torm)2 years 51 weeks agothey do have an email address
they do have an email address visible on the site - have not recieved a reply yet so who knows if it works.
- WTD: Planet X SL Pro frameset (black, size large)2 years 51 weeks agoBut not received one back
But not received one back
- Rapha , Shutt Alternative ?? (Torm)2 years 51 weeks agoAgree they are more colomba
Agree they are more colomba (and shutt vr) than rapha - in photographic style and garment design. except for the arm warmers, which look like a straight copy of the rapha ones.
like the look of the double chest striped one. at £45, I might give it a go.
- SINGLE SPEED ROADIE2 years 51 weeks agoCheers Jimmy... looks like a
Cheers Jimmy... looks like a lovely ride. Let's see what Santa brings!
- Rapha , Shutt Alternative ?? (Torm)2 years 51 weeks agoTo be fair to Torm, Rapha
To be fair to Torm, Rapha don't have the copyright on banded jerseys – they've been around since the 1940s at least – or Sportwool, which is freely available to anyone that wants to make a shirt out of it.
I'd say their photographic style was a bit more Colomba than Rapha
- Updated - Contador's management threaten to sue media after latest doping allegations2 years 51 weeks agoWhere did you hear that
Where did you hear that Decster? Have to say, if it's a spoof, it's not a very funny one...
Thing is, even as of this morning, there are still mainstream Belgian news outlets referencing that story.
That suggests that in Belgium it's viewed as we see Private Eye here, in other words not just a spoof/humorous magazine, but also one with a track record in investigative journalism.
- DHB Merino long sleeve zipneck base layer2 years 51 weeks agoThat's a size M and Mat's
That's a size M and Mat's pretty tall, about 190cm, but only 74kg. You'd need to be a proper beanpole to need an S if you're 195cm tall...
- Rapha , Shutt Alternative ?? (Torm)2 years 51 weeks agoI can see Rapha writing these
I can see Rapha writing these guys a stern letter... total ripoff even down to the photography...
No phone number on the site, forms not working... Caveat Emptor I think you brits say
- DHB Merino long sleeve zipneck base layer2 years 51 weeks agoIt looks like it`s pretty
It looks like it`s pretty long, covering all the upper body well. What`s the size in the photo? I`m 195 cm tall, but my chest isn`t wide, so I wonder if small won`t leave me uncovered.
- Rapha , Shutt Alternative ?? (Torm)2 years 51 weeks agohaven't tried it... we would
haven't tried it... we would tap them up for some review gear but the contact form on their website doesn't seem to work. i guess we could pick up the phone or something
- UPDATED: Deadly weekend on roads for British cyclists2 years 51 weeks agotimlennon wrote:"In atimlennon wrote:
"In a collision with a car"? Given relative speeds, I think the only way I could kill myself by cycling into a car is if I were on the wrong side of the road: we don't talk about pedestrians being in collision with cars, do we? Are bicycles that different?
Perhaps not but a pedestrian is not a vehicle. Cyclist groups and the Highway Code generally take the view that a bicycle is a vehicle with similar rights and responsibilities to cars, so we can't have it both ways.
"In collision with" is just neutral journalistic language used to avoid an implication of fault which might prejudice legal proceedings.
- Rapha , Shutt Alternative ?? (Torm)2 years 51 weeks agothats a good price for a
thats a good price for a jersey !
- UPDATED: Deadly weekend on roads for British cyclists2 years 51 weeks agoHeard about the accident in
Heard about the accident in Kent, not very pleasant reading is it?
- Getting tea stop moving again...2 years 51 weeks agotony_farrelly wrote:does shetony_farrelly wrote:
does she ride a bike though?
Is that a slight on my good name Farrelly ?