- Kids Bikes.14 hours 6 min agoI'd also recommend an isla
I'd also recommend an isla bike. My boy of five has the Cnoc 16 and loves it. Well made, decent components and a sensible geometry too.
Incidentally my daughter of three also has an isla bike (the Cnoc 14) and loves it too. Both are great bikes.
They're both used extensively by mine on the local BMX track too.
- Amstel Gold Race14 hours 7 min agoEnrique-before you go on
Enrique-before you go on about the spelling of riders names again-how about you fix your own mispelling in the thread title...
- Kids Bikes.14 hours 8 min agoThanks for the replies, quite
Thanks for the replies, quite a resounding win for the Islabike!
It will most likely be handed down twice, so the quality needs to be there from the start, and the Islabike seems to have that in spades.
Shame my LBS cannot get hold of them.
- "I just don't care" texting Aussie driver tells police after injuring cyclist14 hours 12 min agoSomeone should get her in
Someone should get her in touch with Emma Way - I'm sure they'd have loads to chat about
- Video: Lance Armstrong shows you how to change an inner tube14 hours 14 min agoOne way of looking at Lance,
One way of looking at Lance, is that he was the best at cheating.
That's the optimistic view!
Also a proven sociopath, the Lemond and Andrieu stuff is utterly unforgivable and above and beyond any cheating, this guy would have done similar stuff had he chosen a career other than cycling.
- MEPs vote overwhelmingly in favour of safer lorries14 hours 18 min agohe's busy spending the money
he's busy spending the money he gets as an MEP on a non-existent office. Getting it for free and complaining about it... more like farage with the machine. Enough about politics and more about Safe lorries now.
- Video: tailgating a tipper truck at 40mph14 hours 18 min agoRoads are not the right place
Roads are not the right place to behave in such a reckless and selfish manner, go to a racetrack or a velodrome or take part in an organised event if you want to 'prove' yourself, but putting others at risk for your own ends is immoral and illegal.
- "I just don't care" texting Aussie driver tells police after injuring cyclist14 hours 19 min agoShe should be condemned to
She should be condemned to walk the prison yard for life.
- Video: Extreme 'Boris biker' crosses London Bridge… the hard way14 hours 20 min agoMacAskill rides a 24" bike.
MacAskill rides a 24" bike. That is all.
- Proper Purist Classics Comp - Cobbled Together14 hours 30 min ago4th at the end of the
4th at the end of the cobbles... I'll take that.
- Derailleur failure sram force 2214 hours 32 min agoI have got loads on digital
I have got loads on digital camera but need to transfer them on my work laptop as home laptop is on the blink and haven't got round to replacing it as use ipad for everything these days.
I will post some tomorrow if I get a minute at work to transfer and email to my ipad.
The shop are not happy at all with Focus, they are the main dealer in my area and may end up pulling the brand if they don't sort this. So thus far I feel satisfied with them as they really are a good shop with helpful staff. It was a long process choosing this bike and they must have spent hours with me making sure I was happy with everything before I spent any money with them. They were to give me 3 services to make sure it was perfect, they have been around for years because they are good, they don't deserve to loose out because of this either.
They also would have to get their hands on a bike from focus to replace it, that's a problem in itself as they can take months for certain models.
My other local shop have stopped dealing with them as they can't make anything of their rep.
- Just in: Colnago C6014 hours 32 min agoHigher tolerance? Do you mean
Higher tolerance? Do you mean tighter?
- Carter Jonas Yorkshire Pedalthon14 hours 32 min agoDo you have a tcx (Garmin)
Do you have a tcx (Garmin) file for the 80 mile route please?
- "I just don't care" texting Aussie driver tells police after injuring cyclist14 hours 39 min agoOne can only hope that karma
One can only hope that karma is real and she will be reincarnated as a rock on a horse manure farm. I usually try to see things from the other perspective but she's not making it easy. What a thoroughly unpleasant, narcissistic person. Hope the rider makes a full recovery but with a spine injury that's really difficult. I feel pretty down now.
- Sram 22 & 10 speed cross compatibility14 hours 42 min agoAccording to my lbs, it will
According to my lbs, it will work fine. I asked them a similar question to yours.
- Video: Extreme 'Boris biker' crosses London Bridge… the hard way14 hours 48 min agoI'm glad his little quote has
I'm glad his little quote has already been called out (several times), but this bit particularly amused me:
"[and they'll think] ‘Woah did that guy really just jump that on a big blue bike?’"
And the answer to that question, of course, would be 'no, he didn't, he did it on an expensive custom bike that looks like a Borris Bike'. Not entirely sure what point he's trying to make...
- "I just don't care" texting Aussie driver tells police after injuring cyclist14 hours 52 min ago"The wife of the injured
"The wife of the injured cyclist - who was at the hearing told The Standard she was disappointed that Davis was not banned for longer."
I'm disappointed that Davis was not banned for life.
- On-One Pickenflick cyclo-cross bike14 hours 55 min agoWould be ideal if it had
Would be ideal if it had guard bosses for winter commuting.
- Video: Lance Armstrong shows you how to change an inner tube14 hours 55 min agoFor all that Lance did with
For all that Lance did with regards to be caught using illegal methods/drugs for enhancing his performance, I still regard him as one of the most influential cyclist in his time, he is probably responsible for 100's of thousand people to take up road cycling if not millions!
I believe he was one of many cyclists cheating, but one of the few that got caught!
A lot of people and companies made a lot of money out of Lance, perhaps they should hand back their profits too!
- Video: Lance Armstrong shows you how to change an inner tube15 hours 5 min agoandyp wrote:'Just LA orandyp wrote:
'Just LA or should anybody else in cycling's past or present join him to rot in obscurity? '
I can't speak for allez neg, but I am unaware of any other dopers, current or past, who tried to destroy others' lives and bullied, perjured and sued their way to millions whilst hiding behind a 'charity'. So, until I hear otherwise, just him.
The problem is the unique circumstances that LA found himself in. As the story continued to write itself, the need to protect his position got greater, until he was at the point where his and stakeholders' losses would be so great they would say and do anything. Never in cycling has so much rested on one man's shoulders. So to compare his actions to the actions of other dopers (of which there are many) is wrong.
- Bib shorts for the 'stocky'15 hours 13 min agoI have a similar issue (5ft 5
I have a similar issue (5ft 5 & built for comfort) and am currently pondering this companies offering - http://fatladattheback.com/
- Derailleur failure sram force 2215 hours 15 min agoDid you take any HD pictures?
Did you take any HD pictures?
- Why I love spring15 hours 17 min agoLovely! Gutted I was working
Lovely! Gutted I was working today but I've had a lot of time off recently. So hey ho.
- "I just don't care" texting Aussie driver tells police after injuring cyclist15 hours 21 min agoIt gets worse ...
It gets worse ...
"Defence counsel Tony Robinson said that in the time between the accident and this week’s court hearing Ms Davis was caught drink-driving (.07) and received an infringement notice when she drove her friends to the Gallery nightclub in Warrnambool.
He said she decided to drive that night because she thought she was going to lose her licence anyway because of the collision with the rider."
- Disc brakes v rim brakes: which are more aero?15 hours 29 min agoI'm thinking the increase in
I'm thinking the increase in drag would be less detrimental to road racing due to riders being in a peloton but would be fatal to timetrialists. Whereas the benefits of improved braking are more dependent on the course. TTs with less sharp corners are not going to see much benefit. Disc brakes for road racing perhaps, but not for TTs.
I'm not convinced of the argument that wheels will be lighter and more aero with discs. You will always have more spokes and nipples on a front wheel and I am not convinced the braking track adds significant weight to the rim. The clincher rim is inherently heavier but not due to the braking track. Tubular rim versions of wheels are lighter than equivalent clinchers but both have a braking track.