- Stage 5 La Vuelta2 years 14 weeks agoThey did this same exact
They did this same exact stage last year and they caught the break with anton winning
- Stage 5 La Vuelta2 years 14 weeks agoI hate this vuelta, as soon
I hate this vuelta, as soon as i take taaramae out he goes in the break and crosses the cat 2 1st
my gamble on my climber isnt paying off either shhould have put mollema back in or scarponi
- Stage 5 La Vuelta2 years 14 weeks ago@Gkam, they'll never let
@Gkam, they'll never let Taaramae go up the road although he did lose a bit of time already.
@thefatcyclist, Ah but "the new Thor" is riding and he's in my squadra! This is purely my rating of him as a finisher but he'll only get stronger with age! Actually there are probably 2 "new Thors" both in my team so I'm glad you said that!
@boraboca, Strong team! You could almost be a purist with that line up, although I thought mine was pretty strong too they've not done much yet but they should bring me back into contention before the rest day I hope.
- Stage 5 La Vuelta2 years 14 weeks agoBradley WIGGINS
Luis Leon SANCHEZ GIL
Pablo LASTRAS GARCIA
Mine dont in bad shape either, after taking out Cav and Devolder yesterday and leaving the pursuits i can see my failing now
- Stage 5 La Vuelta2 years 14 weeks agoI think my team can do well
I think my team can do well today with the steep finish
Greg VAN AVERMAET
Fabio Andres DUARTE AREVALO
- Stage 5 La Vuelta2 years 14 weeks agoNONONONONO Taaramäe has
NONONONONO Taaramäe has joined the break, he was going to be my secret weapon for next week, he's peaking to soon, lol
- Stage 5 La Vuelta2 years 14 weeks agoNicolas ROCHE
Greg VAN AVERMAET
The possibilites are endless this race, so sticking doggedly to the plan of defeat.
Anton is a poss, as is Luis Leon, Cataldo, Sagan.
But I expect old Sylvian to be close. Congrats to him after all the riding he has done this season.
Made for Thor but for Garmins treatment.
- Stage 5 La Vuelta2 years 14 weeks agoSlagter, M. Albasini left in
Slagter, M. Albasini left in the break with 33seconds
If a decent break is formed, i think they will be left to get away and win because Quickstep are not going to do all the work through the hills today and no-one else will be taking it up for them, so if you want your time in the limelight get in the break today and get the red jersey
- Red Bull Mini Drome comes to Glasgow in October - and you can ride it! (+ video)2 years 14 weeks ago80kph you are having a laugh.
80kph you are having a laugh. I ride a 42:17 about 66" which would need a cadence of 254! Don'think that's what Chris Hoy uses Is that sort of speed possible on such a short circuit? Might give it a go, should be a laugh but 80kph that's 50 mph fgs!
- Stage 5 La Vuelta2 years 14 weeks agoit's 2 riders now... i'm
it's 2 riders now... i'm hoping for the break to be caught today
- Stage 5 La Vuelta2 years 14 weeks agoDon't know the full
Don't know the full composition of the break yet but I've got Machado in there anyway... could be a good finish for him if it stays out there! Goooooooo-onnnnnnn!!! But not to the detriment of my other 8 riders of course!
- Dromarti La Grande mitt2 years 14 weeks agoMax, they look beautiful and
Max, they look beautiful and you're a jammy sod...
Having said that, I'd be interested to know what they're like when it's really, really hot and sweaty.
I'm seriously tempted to get some but if I would ruin them in six months riding in Abu Dhabi then it might not be a good idea. Do they dry all crusty and hard ?
My Brooks saddle has stood up pretty well but that's probably a slightly different leather !
- Busted Spoke....2 years 14 weeks agoThanks Hatter, I bought a
Thanks Hatter, I bought a spoke and the guy in the bike shop said I needed to wait a week for a slot in the repair shop.... so I shall take it to bits and fix it myself!
- Skipping under load with new chain and cassette2 years 14 weeks agoWhat condition are your
What condition are your chainrings in? i had the same issue after replacing chain and cassette a couple of years ago on one of my bikes, it only happened in the big ring though. I replaced the chainring as the teeth were pretty worn and it fixed the problem straight away.
jockey wheels could be worn and leading to this problem also
- Comtat Ultra Light Plus bottle cage2 years 14 weeks agolooks remarkably similar to
looks remarkably similar to the Planet X carbon cage which is a whole £4.54 cheaper?
- Fantasy spot prize - how does it work?2 years 14 weeks agoThanks for your replies
Thanks for your replies Gkam84 and Tony - I received your email this morning Tony.
LabMonkey - I got in touch with Dave with my details as well, so it might be better to try someone else like Gkam84 suggests.
- Dromarti La Grande mitt2 years 14 weeks agoI drop down on my knees and
I drop down on my knees and give thanks for 'Aldi'
- Fantasy spot prize - how does it work?2 years 14 weeks agoI had a spot prize too - for
I had a spot prize too - for the stage where Denis Galimza............nov came 4th - I think?
I emailed Dave back with my address but nothing has arrived here either.
- Stage 4 La Vuelta2 years 14 weeks agoHi fluffchucker, I've just
Hi fluffchucker, I've just done the morning check on the scoring and it seems the only change from last nights provisional scores is that Sutton and Moreno have swapped places in the overall points classification. Was that what you spotted?
- Dehydration causes British student to hallucinate and plunge over cliff on bike2 years 14 weeks agoHope the lad makes a full
Hope the lad makes a full recovery - just OUCH!
But as MercuryOne points out it's clear that some more info would flesh the story out - from a cursory reading it sounds like a group of lads on hols and 1 of their number wasn't able or prepared to match the others - just glad his mate spotted him missing
- Fantasy spot prize - how does it work?2 years 14 weeks agoHi esnifador,
We've got your
We've got your email from last week… we need your address though, I thought we'd replied letting you know. Maybe not then.
Oh, and thanks for your help too Gkam84, much appreciated
- Stage 4 La Vuelta2 years 14 weeks agoThat's a problem with the
That's a problem with the Vuelta fluffchucker - the points the race puts up on its website as the official scores straight after the stage, often change overnight. It's the only one of the grand tours that does this on a regular basis - don't know why, but last year was the same too. Because of this we did issue a warning after stage 2 that scores will have to be regarded as provisional until the next day… it's a right pain.
- Boardman female-specific bikes get 2012 facelift2 years 14 weeks agoPut the kettle on, luv...
Put the kettle on, luv...
- Dehydration causes British student to hallucinate and plunge over cliff on bike2 years 14 weeks agoCrikey! Without criticising
Crikey! Without criticising Luke without the full facts one of the dangers to new cyclists is thinking you can treat hydration on long distances in the heat as just another cycling technique - something you can experiment with. Even those with experience misjudge the conditions. I thought I could do a chain gang last year in just 28C carrying one small bottle as it was the evening. Doh! I was as dry as a pharoah's flipflop and abandoned the group after just 15 miles. In Mallorca last month I carried two bottles, spare tabs and was up, out and back by 11.30am to avoid the heat. Then driving around the island with the family we'd come across large lads in dark jerseys labouring through a Spanish lunchtime of 37C...
I know it's MBO time (Master of the Bleeding Obvious) but I would advise all newcomers to road cycling abroad in the height of summer to: avoid lots of booze the night before; get out very early and get back early (early mornings are always the best time anyway) and drink, drink, and drink some more.
- Stage 4 La Vuelta2 years 14 weeks agoJust back-checking on the
Just back-checking on the Baza > Sierra Nevada points scoring & there seems to be quite a few discrepancies with how the stage actually finished.
Is it an error or have I misread the rules?